“Lovely Moules Frites”

Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Montmartre
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Wide selection of beers, enjoyed an excellent moules frites here.

Reviewed March 11, 2012

Highly recommended if you're in the Clichy area. Nice beer selection, featuring many choices on tap. We had a hamburger - good size, no roll, cooked to perfection. Sometimes you need a break from all the good French food and this provides a nice option. Of course there is standard French food. Pricing not bad. Excellent location for people watching.

1  Thank Mdsport61
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I live just round the corner from this place, but avoided it for years because it just looked like a tourist trap. OH how I was wrong! I ended up there one night as they serve food 24hours, and nothing else was open. I had mussels. Seriously, the best mussels I've had in Paris. I go back every couple of weeks ever since then for my (re)fill!

Yes, the beers are a bit expensive, yes the place gives onto a pretty ugly view, yes the service is a little hit and miss, but the food is really really good and inexpensive!!!

1  Thank LuceAdvisor
Reviewed November 30, 2011

I found this place after a few block walk from my hotel. Although it offers a very large beer selection it was the pizza that caught my eye.
The place is not to big and has about 10 -12 seats outside overlooking a very busy street allowing for prime "people watching" I walked by and saw a pizza being served & it looked tasty. The whole menu is in French but my waiter spoke enough English and helped me out in ordering the right pie. The pizza was great, flat crust, nice cheese baked just right, best pizza ive had in a while. They have a large beer menu to choose from and if, weather permitting I would sit outside were the action is.
The staff was nice and food was very good with very good prices for Paris.

3  Thank Kman773
Reviewed July 7, 2011

I travel to Paris two to three times a year from New Zealand. Been doing it since 1988. Clichy's Tavern is my favourite place to hang out after work. They have dozens of beers, around 13 on tap. Their pizzas are excellent. They do excellent moules. Steaks are good too. Prices are moderate. Service is friendly.

1  Thank Karepa4