“Fantastic lunch, cool place, impressive chefs”

L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon Etoile
Reserve with
L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon Etoile is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,469 of 18,343 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Champs-Elysees
Reviewed July 21, 2013

To be seated at the bar and watch the chefs work is an expeience by it self. This is one of the most impressive work teams I have seen. What came on the plates was perfect. We did a three course lunch with wine for two persons for under 200€, at this level of service and quality I find it to be a bargain. Have not had dinner here only a great lunch experience.

Ps. We did not book a table and had to wait a while. Recommend making a reservation.

1  Thank Familiyguy4Fun
Write a ReviewReviews (1,279)

Reviewed July 18, 2013

This was the third time we have been back to l'atelier, we make sure that we reserve a spot at the bar well in advance every time we visit Paris. The food is simply amazing, prepared to perfection and presented beautifully on the plate. If you enjoy good food, restrained yet very attentive service make sure to visit here when in Paris. Worth every penny! See you next time we're in Paris!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were in Paris for a few days before we travelled South for our cycling holiday in France. Thus, we checked out a few good restaurants in Paris during our stays in Paris.

My partner was in jeans and polo T shirt when we patronised Robuchon. He was the only guy in jeans in the restaurant in the evening. The rest were in suits. However, we were well served by the restaurant manager and waiters. They did not look down on us. The waiters speak good English (One Dutch, One Asian) and their service and knowledge on the food are excellent.

Food were excellent. My partner had the beef fillet and the chef was so generous with the portion! It proof us wrong that French food is petit. The beef fillet was so good that he told me he never had such a good quality beef fillet in his life! haha.

The wine that recommended by the waiter was good too. It paired well with our food.

We spent EUR300 (including wine) for the dinner at Robuchon. I think it is reasonable for the quality of the food that we had in the evening.

We will definitely want to go back to Robuchon again. The one at Champs-Elysees.

1  Thank IvorynGold
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This Michelin starred restaurant is a must-visit for foodies! Most seating is at a dining bar with a direct view into the kitchen where you can watch the sous-chefs work absolute magic with creative, innovative dishes. It's not inexpensive, but it is worth a trip. My partner and I had a wonderful meal here, and will return on our next trip to Paris in the Fall.

1  Thank FredRo1948
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We celebrated our 48th anniversary here today at the lunch hour. It is almost affordable at the earlier hour if you order the small plates.

We had great seats reserved at the counter overlooking the busy kitchen. The entertainment factor of watching a profession team tends to offset the high prices. These are the preferred seats at this restaurant.

We started with the complementary amuse of foie gras with other ingredients that are beyond my limited skills in French. We both ordered the Le Jambon "Iberico de ballota" for the first course. We had had it during our last visit and found it to be the most delicate ham in our experience. The pigs are from Spain and exist on a diet of acorns. Fifty-four euros for ham slices might be a splurge, but you will remember it for the rest of your life.

The wife went with the L'Agneau de Lait for your main course and pronounced the lamb as nothing special. I had Le Black Cod which was excellent. It was a total of four bites at 36€, but again a memory.

We also received two Le Burgers by accident. It was just a miscommunication, and our server removed one of them from the bill. I guess I could have made a fuss, but they were really good burgers. The were 38€ each so we got a deal with the two for one special.

The mashed potatoes were worth the whole trip and were free. Equal parts of strained potato and French butter make a truly rich and savory dish. They are Chef Robuchon's piece de resistance and in themselves worth the total of 191.00€ I paid for our anniversary lunch.

We will be back next year for our 49th anniversary.

1  Thank Richard F