“Overall an excellent choice with few minor issues”
Review of Hotel Le Burgundy

Hotel Le Burgundy
Ranked #160 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We have been very fortunate and have travelled extensively in US and Europe, staying mostly in five star properties. We spend a lot of time choosing our properties prior to travelling.
We spent five nights at Le Burgundy and overall are very pleased with this excellent hotel.
Let me start with the positives:
(1) Terrific location. Hotel is located on a small street connecting Place Madeline and St. Honore therefore it is very quiet and private while being in the middle of the cultural/shopping center.
(2) Hotel is very modern with superior amenities, facilities, and rooms.
(3) Excellent room quality/price ratio. It is not a problem to find a five star place in Paris for more than 1,000USD/night. Yet, to find a nice delux room with great amenities for 700 USD/night is a bit of a challenge and Burgundy does this.
(4) Staff is very friendly with good ability to communicate in English and eager to help provide for a good experience at the property.
(5) Hotel has a small (50+) number of rooms and has a nice boutique yet upscale feel.
(6) As I already mentioned the facilities, but have to separately acknowledge the very high quality of recreational facilities including steam, sauna and pool which is another rarity in Paris.

Now, a few issues which did not allow me to give highest rating for the hotel

(1) Hotel advertised free Wifi connection which was not functioning during our entire stay in the hotel. After multiple phone calls and unsuccesful attempts by technicians, the staff eventually admitted that Wifi is very poor quality and brought a laptop to the room for our use.
(2) I contacted Hotel Manager as well as Front Desk Manager (in advance) to alert them about possibility of early arrival and accomodating us for early check in. We checked a few times but were unable to enter the room before 2:40PM and the staff made no efforts to accomodate our request for early check in despite my prior communications.
(3) Concierge at the hotel does not have good knowledge of restaurants in the area and tends to direct guests to mostly touristy spots.

In summary, we were definitely pleased with this hotel. We would most likely stay there again and I would recommend this place for people that like unpretentious luxury in a small but very nice setting.

- Alex

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank alexshulman
There are newer reviews for Hotel Le Burgundy

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We went to this hotel thanks to the reviews of tripadvisor. We were totally impressed and pleased during our stay. The rooms and service excellent. The smell of the hotel divine (bought three candles to bring home). The location couldnt have been more perfect! My sister went two weeks later to Paris and did not like her hotel and was lucky to find an available room at Le Burgundy and changed. She was also very happy. Keep up the good work Le Burgundy!!

Room Tip: We had the junior suite and a deluxe room on the fourth floor facing the main entrance, very quite s...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband, two sons (8 and 4) and I have just returned from a stay at the Burgundy hotel. I would highly recommend for a family. We were kindly accommodated by the hotel with a very early check-in as we arrived on a 6am flight from South Africa. The size and comfort of our adjoining deluxe rooms exceeded our expectations. The stunning indoor pool and jacuzzi were great for the kids after a day of sight-seeing. They swam everyday. The hotel was very accommodating in organising a babysitter when my husband and I went out for the night and the boys were very comfortable with her. The centrality of the location was perfect and the boys went almost daily to visit the fair at Jardin des Tuileries. The best clothes shopping and speciality food stores like Hediard and Fauchon are literally a stone's throw away. At the same time the hotel was extremely quiet. If I have any negative comments, it is that the room service is expensive for what it offers and that it could have simpler and more child-friendly options.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Faranaaz
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for a great weekend in Paris, and was warmly welcomed by the friendly doormen and staff right from the beginning. I had a standard room, which was somewhat small, but quite well decorated and had every amenity you could ask for. The beds were extremely comfortable, and the shower is massive with some nice jet streams for optimal pleasure and cleansing capacity. The spa was also very nice with a gorgeous indoor pool. The location itself is fantastic being extremely central to most of the major attractions in Paris. My only complaint was that the room service attendants did not knock before entering the room, so be sure you put on the do not disturb light when in the room at all times as the attendants will enter the room many times during the stay to service the room. Also, although the food in the Michelin Star restaurant was tasty, I did not think there was enough variety of options on the menu, and the prices were a touch on the high side for the quality. I would definitely come back to stay at the hotel when I return to Paris.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Burgundy is a hotel that knows what there doing. They are to Customer service what Ferrari is to cars. I don't give 5 stars very often cause it leaves no room for improvement but they don't need to improve on too many things, a few things but very few. There staff was amazing for 5 days. It's a gem hidden toward the end of a long street, but as you aproach you know right away by the door guys your going to be treated well. Our room was a decent size with giant windows thaat open, which is especially awesome for someone like me. The bathroom was very clean. They have one of the Best Showers I have ever experienced, and a towel rack with warmer. Our Bed and this is the most important part of the room for me was exactly what I preach about comfortable for a good night sleep which I got all 5 days at this hotel. We lucked out and the elevator stopped right at our door, very nice. It took you right to the pool area which is also very nice. The pool wasn't to cold and they have lounges and towels. The room also provides slippers and robes too. They have a full spa too. The restaurant is Michelin rated restaurant and was very good, prices were what to expect from a Michelin rated 5 star hotel. The bar and longe are were very nice with lots of cool books to read. They offered bikes for rent. Again the staff is truely amazing.

I could go on for a long time but i'm not. This hotel is and was everyhting I thought it would be and a little more. Our only complaint was that the cleaning lady walked in on my wife and I doing Adult stuff. But honestly didn't bother me that much . If I ever wanted to go to Paris again which I don't this hotel would be the reason. Worth every penny or euro or what ever monies you use. Thanks for reading my thoughts I true hope it was helpful.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank willieb303
Reviewed July 22, 2013

A quick review, of this exceptional hotel, because it simply met or exceeded all of my expectations.
The service staff are extremely courteous.
The room we had (Junior Suite) was spacious and well appointed.
The bathroom large and bright.
Air conditioning worked perfectly without being noisy.
The hotel was quiet, discreet and private.
Free wifi all over the hotel.
Excellent spa and pool.
Excellent breakfast, although not cheap (38 Euro each).
All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone seeking a top tier, upper scale, boutique styled hotel in Paris.

Room Tip: Remember rooms in Paris tend to be very small, so we chose the Jr Suite to ensure we had ample space...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank james5stars
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Being French living abroad for many years, I have enjoyed going to Paris as a tourist but had not found yet the hotel I would consider as my Parisian "home"... I was so happy to stay at Le Burgundy, that this will be the place as of now... It is right in the center of Paris in a small street with quiet rooms on the courtyard... Besides the great location, the comfort of the rooms of this luxury boutique hotel, a very good restaurant, the staff is amazingly nice... and for foreigners everyone speaks English fluently...all these are quite unique in Paris.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family