We have been very fortunate and have travelled extensively in US and Europe, staying mostly in five star properties. We spend a lot of time choosing our properties prior to travelling.
We spent five nights at Le Burgundy and overall are very pleased with this excellent hotel.
Let me start with the positives:
(1) Terrific location. Hotel is located on a small street connecting Place Madeline and St. Honore therefore it is very quiet and private while being in the middle of the cultural/shopping center.
(2) Hotel is very modern with superior amenities, facilities, and rooms.
(3) Excellent room quality/price ratio. It is not a problem to find a five star place in Paris for more than 1,000USD/night. Yet, to find a nice delux room with great amenities for 700 USD/night is a bit of a challenge and Burgundy does this.
(4) Staff is very friendly with good ability to communicate in English and eager to help provide for a good experience at the property.
(5) Hotel has a small (50+) number of rooms and has a nice boutique yet upscale feel.
(6) As I already mentioned the facilities, but have to separately acknowledge the very high quality of recreational facilities including steam, sauna and pool which is another rarity in Paris.
Now, a few issues which did not allow me to give highest rating for the hotel
(1) Hotel advertised free Wifi connection which was not functioning during our entire stay in the hotel. After multiple phone calls and unsuccesful attempts by technicians, the staff eventually admitted that Wifi is very poor quality and brought a laptop to the room for our use.
(2) I contacted Hotel Manager as well as Front Desk Manager (in advance) to alert them about possibility of early arrival and accomodating us for early check in. We checked a few times but were unable to enter the room before 2:40PM and the staff made no efforts to accomodate our request for early check in despite my prior communications.
(3) Concierge at the hotel does not have good knowledge of restaurants in the area and tends to direct guests to mostly touristy spots.
In summary, we were definitely pleased with this hotel. We would most likely stay there again and I would recommend this place for people that like unpretentious luxury in a small but very nice setting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Burgundy is located in central Paris, just 50 metres from Rue Saint-Honore and its chic boutiques. It offers luxury accommodation with elegant rooms and a Spa & Wellness Centre.Each of the spacious rooms and suites is equipped with air conditioning, flat-screen TV with satellite channels, an iPod dock and free Wi-Fi access.Michelin Star restaurant, Le Baudelaire, is open for lunch and dinner serving contemporary French cuisine. Guests can also sample home-made patisseries in the winter garden or enjoy a drink in the hotel bar.Le Spa Burgundy in partnership with Carita offers its guests free use of the facilities, including an indoor swimming pool, fitness room and Hammam.The famous Champs Elysees is just 300 metres away. Le Jardin de Tuileries and Opera Garnier are in close proximity and easily accessible by foot or Metro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, MyHotelShop, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, ACCOR, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Le Burgundy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.