“Luxury boutique hotel”
Review of Hotel Le Burgundy

Hotel Le Burgundy
Ranked #192 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 1, 2012

In some ways it is hard to write this review as I have never stayed in a 5 star hotel so have nothing to compare this to. This review is therefore useful for anyone who is thinking of booking something a bit special for a treat. It is worth noting that I have stayed in various hotels in Paris as it is my favourite city so visit almost once a year so can compare this to less expensive hotels.

We looked at various 5 star hotels and this seemed to be the best value for the size of room on offer. We also prefer smaller hotels so this was ideal with just 59 rooms. We stayed in the classic room for 4 nights and it was perfectly comfortable and luxurious. Paris hotel rooms are small and this was definitely the largest room I have stayed in (with the added extra of a bath not just a shower) so you certainly do get what you pay for! The facilities in the hotel were great as the pool and spa offered a chance to relax at the end of the day. Having stayed in smaller, less luxurious for 2/3 nights I have to say that this place was ideal for a longer stay of 4 nights as it was a great place to unwind in at the end of a hectic day.

The staff in all parts of the hotel were very polite and professional. We also ate in the restaurant on the first evening of out stay and the food and service were excellent.

As it is 5 star (and Paris), all the added extras are expensive: breakfast, bar, minibar etc but you dont have to use these.

The location of the hotel was great. I prefer Paris on foot but it was also handy for the Metro being just a few minutes walk from the Madeleine and Concorde stops.

The only minor issue for us was that the windows could have blocked out a bit more noise from the street so unless you were in a deep sleep you could easily be disturbed by the dustbin wagon in the morning.

Would I stay here again? Yes, for a treat. Would I recommend this hotel? Absolutely. Can I enjoy Paris for less money? Yes.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Caroline L

Reviewed December 6, 2011

The hotel is located excellently just 150 m from the metro stop of Madeleine and 200 m from Concorde. The shopping heaven of Rue de Saint-Honoré is just around the corner.

What can I say, the hotel was recently renovated and it shows. The staff was very friendy and spoke good English. The deluxe room was just what I wanted, though the official list price of 800 € per night is a bit pricey. Luckily I got a better deal from the net site of my travel agent.

Room Tip: My room was not facing the street and was extremely quiet. Anyway, Rue Duphot is a small and quiet s...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 20, 2011

Sometimes when I read these glowing reviews I wonder if people have really had many experiences at luxury hotels.

The staff kept asking if I needed anything, always ready to help--but I asked the concierge where to find a specific salon service in the city and he didn't know. Meh.

There is free WIFI--but it was on the fritz all night. Meh.

There is a fancy TV--with no entertainment channels in English. Meh.

There is a spa with massages and a nice atmosphere (in theory)--and children splashing about in the pool that you can hear throughout the entire spa (including in the massage room where you're paying hundreds of euro to relax). Meh.

The location is good--but my room faced the street and from 6-9AM all I heard where garbage trucks. Meh.

There is a nice big bed--with rough sheets. Meh.

You can get room service from a Michelin-star restaurant--but the food is just so-so and there are certainly no nice little extras (like say, a sauce!). Meh.

Overall my experience was okay, but my "classique" room was certainly not spacious or anything to rave about...and although the staff was nice, I certainly could have gotten a nice staff for a much cheaper price elsewhere. Also...they are of course under no obligation, but I did mention to the concierge that it was the birthday of one of our party and that resulted in...nothing. I'm just saying...even just a little message or treat (not to mention a free upgrade!) would have been nice. But...nothing. Meh!

Room Tip: Look out if you face rue Duphot and don't want to be awakened by garbage trucks!
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank gillyflower_dc
Reviewed November 18, 2011

For a week last month my partner and I lapped up the outstanding service, beautiful contemporary decor, perfect concierge advice and explored the best Paris had to offer from this centrally located boutique hotel.
Our spacious and quiet room was furnished with beautiful chic decor, had a big bathroom with lovely products and a mini bar stocked with luxury items (with Champs Elysees' prices!). This hotel gets big ticks for the no extra charges for wifi and complimentary Evian water provided each day. One of my pet hates though was the shower that leaked badly (why is this so common in five star hotels?).
Concierge was our best friend. With Francois and Benjamin's outstanding help, our visit to Paris was made so much easier. They were happy to book restaurants for us even before we arrived. They managed to find us a table at one of the current 'hot' Paris restaurants - our friends were very envious - normally you need to book months in advance (we later found out that they had called the restaurant every day for us to see if there had been any last minute cancellations... we were lucky).
The only minor (but frustrating) gripe I had was the confusion regarding the pricing for breakfast. It seemed so complicated. A basic continental breakfast (pastries and coffee) was included in our room rate, however when we decided to upgrade to the buffet the prices provided by staff were not consistent each day. The different costs were then reflected on our bill. We raised this when we checked out, which they sorted out promptly and without question.
All-in-all, this is a very classy boutique hotel and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ClassyLad
Reviewed November 10, 2011

With all the glowing reviews of Le Burgundy here on Tripadvisor, I didn't really need to write one. However, I think it's important to give accolades when they are deserved. Le Burgundy definitely deserves all the words of praise. We stayed for 9 days in September and were thrilled with every aspect -- the stunning lobby, the friendly service, great concierge (they secured a perfect window table for us at Le Jules Verne in the Eiffel Tower) and a beautiful, spacious room (I had requested a particular color scheme via email and got it without reminding them!). The bed was extremely comfortable, the room was quiet and the pool/spa was a wonderful respite at the end of a day of walking non-stop. Like some others that have written reviews, I am really particular about hotels. Le Burgundy is a winner on all levels. I did all of my reservations/requests via email. It was a breeze...and all of their replies came very quickly (not always the case when dealing with overseas hotels). Continental breakfast was included in our room price so you might want to inquire about that… however, we ended up walking down the street to Laduree' some mornings for cafe' au lait and a croissant. Quintessential Paris!! Thanks Le Burgundy for making our Paris stay even more perfect!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank g0t0ne
Reviewed November 6, 2011

Was looking for a Luxury hotel in Paris for a reasonable price and was not disappointed. Impeccable service from all members of staff, very knowledgeable and helpful concierge. The bar and breakfast are expensive but this is to be expected. The pool really makes this place a gem and if I ever stay in Paris in the future then we will be sure to seek this place out again. Perfect for our Honeymoon. They were even able to get us into our room at 09:00 in the morning!
Try Kiwi Collection for a better rate that includes a basic breakfast and automatic room upgrade (subject to availability) - worth obtaining a Visa Platinum card for!

Room Tip: Kiwi Collection Get a Deluxe Room
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hebden2000
Reviewed November 1, 2011

This is now hands down my favourite hotel in Paris. It's small enough to feel intimate, very well located, wonderfully decorated, and the staff are the perfect mix of attentive and friendly. We had a lovely suite which was clean, spacious, and had great decor and a wonderful bathroom. While we didn't use the spa and pool facilities, we did take a peek around and they are gorgeous. The concierge was ever patient with my constantly changing requests and the management was quick to reverse a charge that we disputed. This really is an excellent hotel and we plan to return every time we travel to Paris.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple