All reviewsrue st honoremadeleine metro stationclassic roomdeluxe roomindoor poolstar hotelplace vendomeheart of parisromantic weekendlovely boutiquebreakfast serviceright bankthe ritzquiet streetparis hotelsexcellent stayhotel staff
Reviewed September 19, 2011

This is a superb, small, five star hotel in a great location. We found every aspect of this hotel to be truly exceptional. It is new, exceptionally clean, and beautifully decorated with lovely rooms. My wife and I were guests here for a week and found all the service to be friendly and extremely professional. The concierge (especially Benjamin) quickly understood our preferences and was excellent. We learned that we could completely rely on their suggestions (if you stay here don't bother to bring your travel books). Housekeeping did a wonderful job and were never intrusive. A little hint: try the bar if you want a truly wonderful cocktail - perhaps the best in Paris. Anthony is a true perfectionist and a great mixologist. He put together some wonderful creations for us. The only problem we encountered during the week was a malfunction with the printer in the business center which they remedied with a work around in 5 minutes. This is our new headquarters when in Paris.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2011

A truly delightful stay! From the minute we arrived at the Burgundy, it became obvious why this hotel is a rising star in the Paris Hotel scene. We were travelling to France for a work conference with another couple - they are well-seasoned 5-star world travellers, and they were also truly delighted with this hotel! It was our first trip overseas without the kids so we decided to splash out and book a junior suite. The usual rack rate is a pricey 1200Euro per night, however, everything in Paris commands a premium price and I think this hotel certainly delivers a quality service that you would pay more for elsewhere.

The hotel is newly refurbished and the decor is luxurious and elegant, yet extremely comfortable. The staff are extremely attentive and very welcoming, and clearly take pride in their hotel and want to ensure you have a faultless stay.

Our suite had a small entry area with large built-in robe space, minibar & safe, and a separate WC; small sitting area with two comfy chairs & reading lamps, desk & large flatscreen TV; a bedroom with king size bed, flatscreen TV, iphone docking stations; separate bathroom with large comfy bath, separate shower and a toilet. The small touches were lovely - petit-fours on arrival, plush velour slippers, daily complementary bottled water, lit makeup mirror, dimming light switches, aromatherapy toiletries, plush window furnishings with sheer or blockout options, daily weather forecast card in the turndown service. The bed was super comfy (I am a huge fan of the Westin Hotel trademark Heavenly beds, but this topped that!!) - I don't think I have ever slept better in a hotel bed, and I have tried many! The rooms are extremely private and quiet, with complementary and efficient wi-fi service for multiple devices. My only disappointment was that there were no tea & coffee making facilities in the room (which I did expect to find in a suite), however, on talking to colleagues staying in other hotels in Paris & France this appears to be a common finding, and there always seems to be an open cafe on every corner - even the small train station kiosks in Paris make a good coffee!

I always look at the hotel floorplan on the fire escape instructions to compare room size, and it appears that the suites are probably only slightly larger than the deluxe rooms, however they do have a small separate sitting area and additional toilet/powder room. For future stays, I would happily consider staying in a room as a less expensive option as I believe their level & style of furnishing is similar, and the extra space in your hotel room is not crucial when you spend all your time exploring this wonderful city!

The location of this hotel is fabulous. It sits on a pretty and quiet street between two major boutique shopping strips (rue St Honore & Madeleine) in a lovely upmarket part of Paris. It is a short walk from two underground train station lines (Concorde & Madeleine), and reasonable walking distance (with comfy shoes) to several major tourist sites such as the Louvre, Arc de triomphe & Champs Elysee. We easily walked in our dress shoes for a lunch at the Ritz Hotel. The train provides easy access to the places which are too far to walk to: Eiffel Tower took 5 minutes by train, and the Chateau Versailles (which sits on the outskirts of Paris) was a pleasant 45 minute journey. Although we didn't manage it in our short stay, I noted that it would have been walking distance to the Musee D'Orsay & Opera, and easy train to the Latin Quarter & Notre Dame.

We dined in their restaurant Le Baudelaire - definitely worthy of its recently acquired Michelin 1-star rating - lovely food, great dining experience, reasonably priced and excellent service. Unfortunately we never managed to try their pool or day spa due to lack of time, but I hear they too are excellent.

In summary, we were absolutely delighted and suitably impressed by this boutique hotel. We are already planning a return visit to Paris and will definitely be staying at the Burgundy again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CarKri02
Reviewed September 13, 2011

My husband and I stayed in a Classic room (304) for three nights. The hotel staff were enthusiastic and so polite, helpling make our stay in Paris wonderful.

The rooms are beautifully decorated and have everything you could need, ours had a nice view down onto Rue Dupholt. We loved the spa area, this was very quiet and relaxing.

The location couldn't be better, back just a few streets from the action meant it was very quiet but you could easily walk to many great sights.

Hotel Le Burgundy was fabulous and great value by Parisian standards.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 7, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for a week while she was attending a conference in Paris. We wanted a 5 star luxury hotel in a central Paris location without the 5 star price of the Four Seasons, Park Hyatt or Ritz. This newly renovated, small property on a quiet street between Saint Honore and Madeline was a perfect fit for our needs. If you are a looking for a see and be seen place or a large lobby environment to watch people come and go, this isn't the place for you (although the bartender named off several A list stars who recently stayed here to avoid the public scene). However, if you like the idea of new, large rooms tastefully decorated in a classic modern style with quiet but attentive service, then definitely take a serious look. The hotel upgraded us to a deluxe room from a classic room at no charge, which overlooked one of the interior gardens. There were a total of maybe 8 or 10 rooms on our floor, and the hotel is only 6 floors, so expect a great night sleep without much disturbance. A couple of things we liked about the room was the little book nook where we could place our own books, magazines and tourist maps. I know it seems small, but it was very useful. The wardrobe was also large and had plenty of room for all of our clothes and shoes, and we brought a lot for a week. The free bottles of Evian water (replenshed throughout the day) was also a nice touch. The air condition system also worked very well and kept the room to our perfect temperature without any noise. The concierge team was EXCELLENT; one of the best I have ever worked with. They were timely with our many advance emails regarding restaurant reservations and kept up with the reservations throughout our stay and even ordered taxis for us so that we were ready to go at the designated times each evening. Most of the restaurants we picked ourselves using Zagat and TripAdvisor together, so I cannot comment so much on this aspect of their work (my reviews are in Trip Advisor). Finally, and nothing to do with the hotel itself, there is a gourmet grocery with single serve meals, drinks, sundries, and wine! right around the corner on boulevard Madeleine which was a great amenity and was better than any hotel shop could ever be (its called Monop). The hotel's restaurant was reliable for breakfast and overlooked a quiet courtyard; we had the continental breakfast built into our room rate and paid 8 euros more for the small but good quality buffet (the buffet otherwise would be 38 euros a person, which is not worth it). I will try to review the hotel's 1 star restaurant for dinner separately on Trip Advisor (La Baudelaire), which at the time of this review wasn't rated yet. I read a negative comment about the lobby fragrance being overpowering; true, but they burn one of their signature candles throughout the day. I think the idea is good, but agree that if one is sensitive to such smells, you might not like it and I would recommend a redo on the candle scent to something less overpowering. The only real negative/complaint is their bar off the lobby which they have fashioned as the only hotel lobby cognac bar in the City. Nothing about this bar works for this hotel. The design is way too dark and impersonal -- during the day, I don't see myself reading a book and enjoying a glass of wine as one could at the Four Seasons or Hotel de Crillon bars. The bar isn't even a bar that you can sit at. And, at 900 and 1200 euros a glass! for many of the cognacs they display, I am not sure I understand the connection to their guests, most of whom I suspect do not even drink cognac, much less at that price. But, having said that, my wife and I did enjoy a late night cocktail in front of the fireplace (we were the only ones in there), so it at least serves a purpose. One block away is the Hemmingway Bar at the Ritz (use the back entrance) which I would recommend highly over this one. Bottom line: We would definitely stay at Le Burgundy Hotel on our next trip.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Mike_ATL100
Reviewed September 7, 2011

Lovely hotel. As soon as your cab arrives outside the hotel you are taken care of. Great staff, a nice touch to be given a little tour of the facilities before going to the room. Given wifi code on check in. Room beautiful, such attention to detail and really comfortable. You will have a wonderful nights sleep on the comfortable bed. Immaculately clean. Imaginative contents in the minibar. Great location, very near the metro and major attractions.

One of the negatives was that there was no mirror in the bedroom, only in the bathroom. This made it very difficult for me to style my hair as hairdryer, straighteners just about stretch from a socket in the bedroom to the entrance of the bathroom but then you have to stand up to blowdry your hair which is not great.

Beware the breakfast, at 38 euros is very expensive for a buffet breakfast, I would go elsewhere.

Another nice touch is being given a little bag of chocolates at check out "something for the road" which is nice. Great service, would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business