Hotel Britannique
$311
$246
$227
  • Room Service
Hotel Elysees Union(Paris)(Great Value!)
$323
getaroom.com
$314
TripAdvisor
1,601 results
All reviewschatelet metro stationnotre damearound the corneravenue victoriabowl of fruitile de la citeperfect locationrooms are smallcharming hotelheart of parisquiet streetsitting roomfront desk stafftaxi standking bedmajor siteslatin quarter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 13, 2010

A really good location for the major sights. FREE wifi (really good). Very helpful and friendly staff. Our only serious reservations were the fact that (as mentioned in one or two other reviews) the sound-proofing of the walls is really not very good, and we had to let our neighbours know that we could hear them talking, and then it was fine. It wasn't a problem getting to sleep and the location is actually quite quiet, being off the main busy street.

The only other slight reservation was the choice of English TV channels. BBC World News would have been good, especially as we were there during the UK election - instead we only had CNN (better than nothing). Facilities are very much 3 star rather than 4 or 5 but that's fine. I'd certainly think about staying again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 12, 2010

Just returned from my 3rd stay at this hotel.......this time it was my first solo trip. I had reserved a standard double room and had requested a lower floor since I didn't want to use the tiny elevator.

I found my accommodations just as charming as I had the other 2 times, and I enjoyed having my own little balcony. I must admit that the closet in this room was quite small, but since I was alone, I had no problems. If my husband had been with me, fitting all our clothes would have been a bit of a challenge, but we still could have managed by either keeping some items in a suitcase or creating higher piles of folded clothes on the shelves. In any case, travelers should keep this in mind when deciding on which room category to book.

I'd like to emphasize the fact that the staff is very professional, helpful and pleasant. As an added bonus, I was allowed to keep my room beyond the usual check-out hour, for which I was extremely grateful. In addition, my birthday was kindly acknowledged, and that was just another way of making me feel welcome.

Once again, I felt truly blessed to call the Britannique my home in Paris for 9 nights. I will definitely stay there again on my next visit.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 6, 2010

I have stayed at Britannique a dozen times and have never been disappointed. The staff is very hospitable and they continually upgrade their rooms and buffet breakfast. I was planning a visit this spring but the volcano made me cancel my trip. I have referred a number of friends and family and they have always been happy with their visits.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 30, 2010

The staff were friendly, helpful and always smiled. The sitting room was well-appointed and the breakfast offered was perfect. We liked being able to help ourselves, there was lots to choose from and no stuffy formal service or timelines. Our room was spotless and very comfortable. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen A
Reviewed April 28, 2010

My husband and I loved everything about the Britannique - location, service, value. The only drawback we could notice was that the walls are pretty thin and you can hear a lot of what's going on in the next room. But, as we didn't spend that much time in our room and everything else was truly marvelous, we felt it was a minor drawback that will not prevent us from returning to the Britannique as soon as we have a chance.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple