“Love this Hotel”
Review of Hotel Britannique

Hotel Britannique
Ranked #150 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Absolutely love this hotel. Everything is done right. Friendly check in and other staff very nice too. Well appointed (small) rooms. Nice ambiance. Great location. All in all exactly how to do it right for a small central Paris hotel

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,581)

Reviewed March 22, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Britanique from 28th-30th January 2012. The location is perfect for all of the major tourist sights. All major shops just around the corner but a very quiet neighbourhood, although it has bars and restaurants close by too. The Chatelet Metro Station is a 2 minute walk from the hotel. The hotel itself was excellent value for money, very pretty, extremely clean and well maintained to a high standard. The rooms were warm and inviting. The hotel staff were very helpfull and very knowledgeable on the sights and metro stops etc.
We both enjoyed our stay at Hotel Britannique and Paris is a fantastic city, will definitely be back.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Nav J
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Great location, can't be beat! My husband and I were very satisfied with our stay at Hotel Britannique. I never understand why some people complain about the size of a hotel room when on vacation. I do not travel to see a hotel room, I travel to experience a new culture. I am not one to stay in my room when there is something to be explored. Even though the rooms are small they are comfortable. I don't recommend this hotel for anyone traveling with children as there isn't much room to spread out if you are in your room. The bathroom was clean and the water was HOT! It was nice to not have to wait for hot water or run out of it when taking a shower. The tub was narrower than I was used to (coming from the US) but how much room do you really need to take a shower? My only complaint would be the pillows. I like a firmer pillow and the bed pillows were rather poofy and flat. I suppose I could have asked for more pillows but I made due with what I had. Over all I would recommend this hotel. If I return to Paris I will stay here again.

2  Thank Cookie101062
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I chose this hotel in part based on the Trip Advisor reviews. I wanted a hotel where the staff spoke English and was in walking distance to many sites and as a female traveling alone I wanted a hotel where I felt safe. This hotel met all those expectations!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank lovet0travel13
Reviewed March 13, 2013

VEry pretty hotel, rooms & bathroom (shower!!) are 'petite':-) Also the bed is a bit small (a bigger one wouldn't fit in :-).
Breakfast is worth the money. Staff is very friendly. Location is very very good!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Ronald P
Reviewed March 13, 2013

It was the glowing reviews that lead me to book this for my stay in Paris. I do agree the location can't be beat. It's excellent. The hotel is very clean, but the rooms are TINY. The closet can only accommodate 5 hangers total, which would be fine for one person, but not two! It was winter, and with the radiator running it was often too hot in the room (there's virtually no air circulation in the tiny space), so my solution was to open the window. That was fine for a while, but it's very very noisy so when I was ready to go to sleep I had to close it. The staff was pleasant, but not extremely helpful and I agree with the other reviewer who said they didn't have much to offer in the way of recommendations. I was chastised for not realizing that I am supposed to leave my room key at the front desk every time I leave the hotel. I was told that is the European way. Well, perhaps it is in Paris, but not in my experiences in the UK and Italy.

The decor is a little tired, but is pleasant.

In any case, location, location, location.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 6, 2013

When you are in Paris, and you are not a millionaire, all you want is a comfortable place to stay, which is close to places, nice rooms and fair prices. Well, this is exactly what Hotel Britanique is all about.

The location is a winner! between Hotel De Ville to the Louvre, 100 meters from rue de rivoli from one side, and the siene from the other, and on a quiet inner street so you can get a good night sleep. The rooms are bigger than the usual tiny known hotel rooms of Paris. The prices are fair, great value for money. They serve great and rich breakfast, for a comfortable price (14 euros per person), and the staff is very nice and friendly.

We stayed there twice in the past year, and we enjoyed it both times.

Bon Voyage!

Room Tip: Best location and value for money