“Lovely little French hotel!”

Hotel Regent's Garden
Ranked #106 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed July 2, 2014

What a charming little hotel. The reception staff are amazing, the rooms are very clean, the garden is delightful, the manager seems cool and alert and Ternes is really good area for the tourist or banking business person like me needing access to La Defense. Great for restaurants too - a must is La Table des Ternes on Rue Faraday a two minute walk from the hotel....I do not recommend La Petit Marguery which the hotel did??

Room Tip: Facing Garden is nice and quiet!!!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed June 30, 2014

I have used this hotel a number of times over the past 15 years and my latest experience was probably as good as it gets. We stayed in a deluxe room (No: 201) measuring 30sqm, certainly a luxury in Paris for this price, which was replenished daily with free soft drinks and high quality toiletries. The extra touches such as bathrobes & slippers, a Nespresso machine and an iPad & docking station were also very much appreciated.

The location is great for exploring the city and having the oasis of a private garden in the centre of Paris was lovely at the end of a day. All of the staff were extremely helpful, polite and friendly thoughout our stay. In future, I will not use another hotel in Paris unless I am forced to do so!

Room Tip: The street is not particularly noisy, but asking for a Garden View room should ensure you get a good...
1  Thank Norton1963
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We wanted to be close to our family who lives in the 17ème arrondissement. After searching and reading other turists reviews we choosed the Regent's Garden Best Western!
Great choice! It exceeded our expectations! All renewed, great interior design, beautiful garden, great staff. As always in Europe you will find different sizes of rooms, it is up to each one to decide about it.
Charming boutique hotel!

1  Thank Mvfs
Reviewed June 3, 2014

Located away from the "tourist alley" hotel sections but within a 6 minute walk of the Arc de Triomphe the Regent Garden offers a friendly atmosphere and excellent service. The staff really reaches out in a caring and personal manner. There are several very good restaurants and cafes within a short walk. Our garden view room was commodious and we enjoyed looking over the small courtyard and garden. Really thought we were going to a 3.5 but must give it a 5.

Room Tip: upgrade to the garden view with a king bed.
3  Thank Jim F
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This is a lovely little hotel.
Well positioned for exploring Paris.
Lovely garden which was a surprise.
Quiet location at night which is good in a city.
Staff were very welcoming and helpful.
Room was a little on the small side.
Great service.
Good value (except for breakfast which was a little costly for what we got

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank qwe1232014
Reviewed June 2, 2014

after not realizing our phones were on london time we missed out eurostar train and had to find a hotel for a sat.night in paris for 3 people. almost impossible. the folks at the eurostar desk bent over backwards and finally found a hotel that would make up a room for 3. when we arrived we knew it was a 4 star but we were un-prepared for how comfy and pretty it was. the courtyard was barley seen in the fading light but was a relaxing force for my frazzled nerves. the desk clerk was amazing. he had our bags wisked up stairs promptly and just kept saying everything would be ok and to just relax. the room was small with the extra twin bed set up but the appointments were useful and easy to use.. the bathroom was giant size for paris with a fabulous soaking tub. the room was quiet and close to the elevator.. the breakfast was quite tasty and would satisfy any type of appetite. the staff was friendly in the breakfast room. the desk clerk called a taxi for us and even helped carry our bags out to the car. i ask to him to remind the driver we were in a hurry to get to gare nord to catch our train ( which we again missed but that is for another review)i only wish when the call was made to the hotel they would have told us which street to take from the etoile metro stop as we walked the wrong way quite some time. without cell phone coverage we were unable to use mapping help. i would stay at this hotel in a minute tho it is above my budget but the staff was fantastic in helping my frazzled nerves and made every effort they could to be of good service. there are dozens of places to eat within a few blocks of this hotel and it is a safe neighborhood in the posh 17th . kudo's to the staff again. great job of people service.

Room Tip: any room would be a good room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Victoria M
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I booked this hotel based off Trip Advisor reviews and was not disappointed. Overall, the hotel has a very friendly, warm atmosphere and was a tranquil retreat after negotiating the hectic metro system and the queues of the sightseeing slog.

Advantages:

Very friendly staff - albeit perhaps more willing than able in terms of sightseeing knowledge, they were always very welcoming and provided everything we needed during the stay e.g. iron (sent directly to our room before we even got back ourselves), computer and printer to check-in on flights, print out excursions etc (free of charge to use both) and such.

Hotel and room decor - The hotel was nicely decorated and, being a former mansion, had a lot of character.

Garden - Albeit only the size of a normal garden you might find in a detached house in England, you cannot complain near the centre of Paris! I can imagine this would be an even greater asset in the summer, but it was fantastic to sit outside during breakfast in May nonetheless. I feel the garden should only clinch the deal in your hotel choice if you are looking for a slightly longer stay (e.g. 4-5 days) otherwise you may find you are rushing around Paris to fit everything in and rarely get to benefit (especially if the weather is not on your side some days!).

Location - If I had more to spend, I would stay in the Opera area. Only because I prefer to be within walking distance to the majority of sights. However, the great value for this location comes from its proximity to the Arc de Triomphe (5-10 mins walk and barely an issue - do not let the maps scare you) and its proximity to the AirFrance airport shuttle bus stations (only 2 in Paris and one is on the Ave. Carnot - the road leading from the Arc de Triomphe to your hotel! Perfect! Easy peasy transfers and, although the metro is cheaper, take the AirFrance bus shuttle over a taxi at 29 euro return each). Also, the nearest metro you will be using is the one at the Arc de Triomphe (CdG-Etoile) despite Ternes being slightly closer. The extra minute or so walk is not an issue at all and you are on the number 1 metro line (equivalent of the central line in London) which hits the majority of the major sites and is clean (...venture onto others, like B between Chatelet and the Notre Dame, and you are walking 10 mins underground to make connections in dark, dirty, smelly corridors! Stick to this yellow line... trust me!). You will find every journey you make (e.g. Arc de Triomphe, Champs Elysee, metro for Louvre etc) will start with the 5-10 mins charming walk past a church and a few bakeries on the way to the Arc de Triomphe square.

Disadvantages:

Breakfast - I believe at full price the breakfast is 22 euros and, quite honestly, if we had paid that then I think I would (for the first time in my life, genuinely) complained about it. We stayed two days and the first day we sat down about 10am and had to choose between bread which had almost gone stale it had been left out so long, and maybe 2-3 croissants which were not far off. Nice selection of jams, and one of the finest cups of english breakfast tea we have ever had, but if there are no warm croissants to have with them then it leaves a bad taste in the mouth. My mum opted for the English breakfast which was about standard for a continental 4 star hotel (i.e. those peculiar small sausages, scrambled egg and thin rasher bacon).
I think the key for the breakfast was ultimately the waitress serving you. Both morning were different waitresses and both mornings were stark contrasts in the quality. The first morning we had empty trays of egg, bacon etc. and a few stale croissants... while the second morning the trays were full and we even saw pain au raisins and fresh fruit! Bottom line, I think take the breakfast if you get a good deal on it (like we did, hence did not complain). But if you are looking at 22 euros... there is an excellent little bakery directly opposite the hotel and one on the walk to the Arc de Triomphe. Just make sure whatever decision you take, you still sit in the garden! Although with the latter I am not sure how that will play out...! Either way, surmountable. So this did not detract too much from our hotel experience.

Disadvantages - Bathroom can get hot if you close the door between the bedroom and the bathroom (and you will want to do this if travelling with family like I was... as there is only a curtain between you showering and your Mum otherwise!). She informed me that as I would stay in the bathroom for ages... the lack of mirror in the bedroom is a real pain. This is more than likely not an issue for couples but families just be aware of it. It certainly should not put you off the hotel though.

Will definitely recommend the hotel again. I hope I did not focus too much on the negatives because it deserves its 4 star recommendation. Taking value into account, I might push for 5 stars. However, I feel constant 5 star ratings might give the impression you are getting 5 stars for 4 star prices... you are not. It is distinctly 4 star... but done very well. Sometimes small and friendly is a nice compromise for facilities. Will be back again next year!

Room Tip: Garden has to be one of the big selling points of the hotel... so get a room with a garden view or s...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family