“Perfect place for our 25th Anniversary”

Hotel Regent's Garden
Ranked #88 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed October 7, 2012

An absolute charmer! Everything about this hotel was perfect. Staff very friendly and helpful. Our room was lovely. Tall shuttered doors opened up to the garden courtyard. Very comfortable bed. The amenities were appreciated; robes, slippers, stocked frig and coffee/tea area complete with biscuits. Husband especially liked the heated towel bar. The location is convenient yet quiet. I cannot wait to visit again, both to Paris and to this hotel. I HIGHLY recommend this hotel.

There are newer reviews for Hotel Regent's Garden

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Beautiful hotel! I just had to start off by saying that. The location is fantastic, close to Arc d'Triomphe, yet not too close to the Champs so it's not crowded with tourists. The hotel is on a small street with a nice little area at the entrance that's used for parking, although there were never more than 2 cars in it, so it felt more like a courtyard. the reception is tiny, as is the whole hotel, however that made it all the nicer since it gave it a very boutique hotel feeling. we had a superior room which was super clean, modern and very nice. The one thing however that's super tiny in the room is the bathroom...we are both slim people so it wasn't much of an issue for us, however, for anyone even slightly bigger than us, i'm sure it would be an issue. They have a nice looking garden in the back, but we didn't use it at all.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

The entry and lobby of this property is small but welcoming. It is tucked away on a small narrow street about ten minutes' walk to the Arc with several small cafes and boutiques in the area. This was built by Napoleon III as a gift to his personal physician, and the Emperor went all the way in creating a great piece of real estate.
The rooms are on the larger side, the bedding is fabulous, and there is virtually no outside noise. Off the lobby are a breakfast area and a large, comfortable sitting area decorated with heavy drapes and muted, darker colors. The most attractive area is beyond, through the double doors at the rear of the property where there is a lovely and lush garden with seating. It is a private oasis and a wonderful spot to have breakfast, or to enjoy a late glass of wine.
The service is friendly and impeccable and every member of the staff takes extra care to make sure that guests are happy. It has a very small elevator, but we never had any problems whatsoever in our four-day stay. We would most definitely return.

1  Thank writer48
Reviewed October 1, 2012

First time in Paris. The Hotel Regent's Garden was one of the hotels recommended for our convention stay. We were very pleased. Even though we did not have a garden room as requested, we did love watching the people go in and out of the bakery across the street. Closing the window at night did take care of much of the noise and we slept well. The hotel is immaculate, the breakfast very good, the gardens lovely to sit and have coffee in the morning and wine and snacks in the afternoon. What a find!!

Room Tip: A garden room would be nice, but we faced the street in room 209 and found the people watching just...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This hotel is absolutely brilliant, you will not regret choosing it!

1. Location - so close to the Arc de Triomphe (about 5-10 minutes walk...a little bit of a rise/hill, but easily manageable. Around the corner from the bus and the metro to easily access central shopping and other places. But it's nestled back from a one-way road, not that busy with a beautiful private and sunny garden in the back - so quiet and peaceful you can forget about the city. Lots of lovely restaurants very closeby from a pub style meal to fine dining.

2. The Hotel residence - the hotel has everything. It's elegantly stylish and charming. It has the feel and intimacy of a private, boutique hotel, plus the amenities and sophistication of any good global hotel. It's immaculately clean and well cared for - always!

3. Breakfast & the bar - the breakfast is lovely. It has an excellent selection with the option of breakfast on the run or a leisurely sit down affair. Great coffee! Again the restaurant and bar are both immaculate. Apparently there is a small room service selection at other times, menu available from Reception but I didn't look as there are so many restaurants and bars so close. The garden is lovely for breakfast or a relaxing drink/aperitif after a busy day and before a night out in Paris.

4. The Room - my room was stunning. Elegant and stylish, immaculate and well kept. The bathroom was fantastic - bath and separate shower and the toilet was in the bounds of the bathroom with a separate door which allowed two people to use the bathroom with complete privacy. Everything you could want, hair dryer, slippers, bath robes and lovely fluffy, white as white towels.

5. The staff - they are what absolutely make this place perfect. Every single one of them was polite and friendly, wonderfully efficient and dedicated to make your stay the very best. When I checked in at about 10am after a night on a train from Venice...and very little sleep, I was able to enjoy breakfast while my room was quickly prepared. I didn't even have to ask. They were always quick to help you with luggage, suggestions for restaurants or travel around the city. On leaving today I actually felt like I was leaving friends.

I would not hesitate to stay here again and I would not even consider some of those soulless large hotels even though they may be rated higher. I truly believe this hotel had all the traits of five star plus.

Room Tip: I overlooked the garden and it was gorgeous and soooooo quiet. However I peeked in the other rooms...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Millie_MM
Reviewed September 30, 2012

The wonderful staff at the Best Western Regents Garden were very helpful and attentive from the moment that the taxi turned up outside. The doorman rushed outside to help with our bags and the girl on reception was lovely.

I booked online via the website after reading reviews here on trip advisor and I have to say that I did think to myself.. “Can the hotel really match up to the reviews?” All I can say is.. YES it can… I paid extra for a garden view and from the moment that we walked into room – I loved it! We were in this beautiful decorated attic room overlooking the garden and I loved the cute little windows. The beds were wonderfully comfy and I can’t believe how quiet the hotel is for being near the Arc De Triumph. The supermarket is across the road as well as a patisserie where we bought lots of naughty things to go with our coffee in the morning (I’ll worry about the weight gain when I get home). At the end of a busy day exploring Paris there is nothing like sitting in the garden drinking wine and resting feet. The waiter even bought us out some snacks to go with the wine.

I found all the staff to be extremely helpful especially the lovely receptionist who gave us the hotel card to ring her if we got lost catching the various trains to Versailles.

There are NO negatives about this hotel. It is brilliant! Well worth it and you won’t regret it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen E
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This very good hotel has professional, friendly and helpful staff. It is a charming boutique type hotel which was originally the home of Napoleon's physician! It is an easy 5-10 minute walk to the Arc de Triomphe and CDG metro. There is a supermarket and pharmacy on the corner of this quiet street. A beautiful, tranquil garden sits at the back of the hotel and is a lovely place to enjoy breakfast or a drink. There is a trendy bar next door. Our room was quiet, clean and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. Room was a reasonable size for Paris although small by Melbourne standards. The bathroom was well appointed, modern and everything was very clean. The area is not in the centre of the tourist areas but is lovely and has many good restaurants close by. I would highly recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple