“Great place to stay”
other travelers have booked this property
Serene Caulaincourt living room
Bright and cosy bedroom The living room (sofa, dining table for 4 and cable TV)
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Bright and cosy bedroom
The living room (sofa, dining table for 4 and cable TV)
The dining area
The master bedroom
The queen size bed
A romantic getaway for a week end
The living room
Overall view in the bright living room
The full equipped kitchen
What a pleasure to cook French cuisine in this kitchen
Amenities in the kitchen
Computer and cell phone provided during your stay
The bathroom
The Hausmannian building
The bistro  le Cepage in the same building
A typical Parisian bistro
A gift from us to celebrate your stay!
Your welcome basket on arrival
The floor plan
Feels Like Home in Paris, your short term rental agency since 2005
The bakery next door (amazing baguette and pains au chocolat!)
A delicatessen shop in Montmartre
View from the Sacré Coeur church
Place du Tertre, the artistic square
A bistro in Montmartre
Notre Dame church and the Seine river
The Seine river and the bouquinists
The famous place Vendôme
Paris and its Eiffel Tower
A sunset drink in Paris with the Eiffel Tower view
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
tralagef
Australia
“Lovely Apartment - Great location - BUT”
Reviewed November 25, 2011 for a stay in January 2011

Lovely apartment, great location – BUT
We have thought long and hard about writing this review.
This apartment located in the Caulaincourt area (18th addonisment) is located in a quieter area of Paris, but is still very close to everything – 30 minute walk to the Arc de triumph, a range of cafe’s restaurants, markets etc are all within easy walking distance. .
The metro is a short walk and generally a 15 minute ride will take you anywhere. Be warned though the local metro station is not a pleasant experience In addition to the metro, the airport bus stops out the front!
The apartment itself, located in a 19th century building and has recently been refurbished, offering a well appointed, fresh and clean apartment, although losing none of its character – still retaining the beautifully polished uneven floor boards – reflecting the providence of the building, and the old doors that don’t quite close because of the aging doors and hardware, finished off with fresh white washed walls.
We had stayed in another apartment in the 6th, the Serene Caulaincourt apartment was by far superior, in comfort, cleanliness and appointments featuring a nicely appointed kitchen with a good range of appliances, comfortable furnishings and quality linens, Internet, full range of cable television and telephone calls. Although, you can hear the neighbours above quite clearly, all in all offering a very comfortable stay. Additionally, there were quite a few nice touches in the way of a welcome basket, and a comprehensive guide to the apartment and services.
So where’s the BUT?? We stayed in a total of 4 (28 nights) apartments on this trip, and over the years of travel haves spent hundreds of nights in hotels and apartments. This was the only apartment that required a damage bond of 800 euros. This we saw as unreasonable – given it is a holiday apartment, but didn’t see any real issue providing the management was professional and sensible in its approach – which initially seemed to be the case.
However, our lovely stay was quickly soured by an email from the over the top property manager, asking us to explain “damage” to the main bedroom wall (despite our request nothing specific was provided) – only a response that stated “...we bring something to someone (sic) attention they are immediately defensive even if we are not blaming them...” - sounds like this happens often! We certainly felt blamed.
Because we paid a bond, and no inventory/condition report or definition of what constituted damage was provided, we took a number of photos before we left the apartment, and despite close examination could not see any “damage” that we may have caused. This was extremely stressful for us, as we are not the sort of people who go around trashing hotels and apartments, and take great care when staying in properties. We were deeply offended, and stressed by the email from the property manager.
In summary this is a lovely apartment, in a great location. BUT it has just been refurbished and part of this is whitewashed walls, slippery uneven floor boards, i.e. the bed moves very easily, and therefore there is a risk that you may inadvertently bump or knock something (probably unknown to you) causing a minor mark that will be noticed. Therefore it is highly likely you will receive a similar post stay query. Therefore, if you don’t want unnecessary post stay stress, wait a few months until the apartment has a more lived in look, which although unfortunate, as it is so fresh, but inevitable, or ensure that the property manager defines what “damage” she will “follow-up” with you about.

Alternatively, don’t stay here – such a shame as we were planning to go back on our next visit.

Date of stay: January 2011
Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Apartment, location
Liked least: The unnecessary stress
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Nov 24, 2011
I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the apartment and the location and am very sorry about your grievance concerning the damage deposit (which is clearly stated immediately upon inquiry so is never a surprise). We try to be as upfront as possible as we know how that can be quite disagreeable.

I do wish to point out that we did not charge you anything. I asked questions about whether you noticed anything and did not say you did anything at all. It is my obligation to the guests and the owners to make inquiries. For that I do not apologize but we ask questions first to try to get an understanding of what happened and try to be a gentle as possible with our approach.

When I wrote to you I included a photo of hole in the wall (from what you have written I am wondering if for some reason you did not receive or see the attached photo but I have checked my email history and see that I did attach it - we always try to provide photos to help refresh everyone's memory.

Here was what I wrote:

"Hope all is well and that you enjoyed your stay at Serene Caulaincourt. You were our 3rd renter in this brand new rental unit so any comments you may have on your stay would be greatly appreciated.

I wanted to bring to your attention some wall damage that we discovered near the bed in the bedroom (left hand side), and was hoping you could let me know if you happened to notice this or if anything unusual happened.

I look forward to hearing from you."

I offer my apologies if somehow the above text caused any amount of stress and am sorry to hear that you yourself will not be using our services in the future.

We have very few problems at all at the apartments and frankly the only thing we have ever had to charge anyone for was the loss of a key - in fact that explains the amount of the damage deposit as keys & locks in France are rather costly.

I'm sorry if I sound defensive in anyway here, I just wanted to help clarify the situation if I could. No one likes a bad or half bad review. Oh well, we'll do better next time.
Lenya2011
Pleasanton, California
“Great place to stay”
Reviewed September 24, 2011 for a stay in August 2011

This is the second apartment we rented through “Feels like home in Paris”, and this time we enjoyed our stay even more. “Serene Caulaincourt” is very good flat to stay in. First, it has everything one needs to be comfortable. I can’t think of anything we missed. Perhaps, only a full size mirror (there is one on the fireplace). Frankly, I didn’t need one, but my wife and daughter noticed . We didn't need to call Yetunde, our hostess and FLHP general manager, during our recent two-week stay to request anything (well, we probably should’ve called and thanked her, sorry).
The apt is well situated with a short (less than 5 min) walk to the subway station; furthermore, the bus stop is just outside of the door. Yetunde gave us detailed maps of bus routes, so we used buses mostly. It takes about 15-20 min to ride to the city center (say, Opera house). The apartment is also pretty close to the CDG airport – we took a taxi, and it cost us EUR35, about the same price three of us would pay for public transportation. G20 supermarket is just across rue Caulaincourt, a boulangerie is next door, and Café la Cepage is just downstairs. Sacre Coeur is a 10 min walk away.
A great advantage of this apartment is that it is quiet. In fact, the loudest outside sounds we heard were the doves cooing. Besides it has everything carefully, thoughtfully and professionally set up for pleasant staying. There is a detailed manual (on the laptop) for what is inside the flat and very useful and valuable tips for outside activities.

Date of stay: August 2011
Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Quietness and location
Liked least: not a thing
Traveling group: Family with Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Oct 18, 2011
We love returning guests—that is the best compliment we can receive. We're so happy that you enjoyed the apartment and the neighborhood. We hope you can stay in another one of our apartments during your next trip to Paris :-)
California
Reviewed September 24, 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Date of stay: August 2011
Your age range 45-54
Sep 24, 2011
It was good to see you again and I have sent a note to the owner re: mirror. : )

Looking forward to your next trip with us.
GA
Reviewed May 31, 2011 for a stay in April 2011

Date of stay: April 2011
Your age range 45-54
May 31, 2011
Thank you for much for your lovely comments. We are happy you enjoyed the apartment. And thank you for pointing out just how comfortable the sofa bed is. That is one Italian design that has stormed the vacation apartment rental scene and is a must for all our properties.
Stornoway
Reviewed March 27, 2011 for a stay in February 2011

Date of stay: February 2011
Liked best: everything!
Liked least: nothing at all
Traveling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 25-34
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Tourists
Luxury-minded travelers
Mar 27, 2011
So happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. And we will certainly look forward to your next trip to Paris.
Vashon Island Washington
Reviewed January 19, 2011 for a stay in December 2010

Date of stay: December 2010
Your age range 55-64
Jan 19, 2011
So happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your next visit.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing