A basic 2.5 star hotel. I was a single traveler staying in a single room. Very comfortable bed, clean, reasonably sized room (for Paris), well appointed but somewhat run-down. Cable-based internet worked great. Polite 24hr front staff, all of whom spoke English. There is a bike share station in front of hotel, which is also is directly over a metro stop (Vaneau) in a somewhat residential neighborhood that is not bustling with tourists and yet a reasonable walking distance from the river and other interesting sites in the area. For my taste the immediate area was a bit dead but with good access to the city in general. My main complaint was with the apparent lack of air conditioning. I stayed for 1 week in early August when the temperatures were 28-30°C, and my room (not on the upper floors) was very warm. While opening the window helped, the hotel is on a busy street. As a result, quality sleep was impossible. Overall I felt the hotel was overpriced, especially for one lacking WLAN and air in summer that I would not recommend to friends. Luggage storage was not secure. Note: As of August 2012, there was a major construction project (renovation/construction of a hospital? complex) on the entire adjacent block which contributed significantly to the noise in the neighborhood.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel’s atmosphere is quintessentially “Rive Gauche”, decorated with character, elegant lines and a subtly refined elegance throughout ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Vaneau Saint Germain reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vaneau Saint Germain Hotel
- Vaneau Saint Germain Paris