“Could have been better”

Ranked #394 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Could have been better”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Having used Pullman before (and being pleasantly surprised) I decided to book the Pullman in Paris for long weekend. I paid quite a bit for a room with a balcony view of the Eiffel Tower and sadly the view was nothing like the photos displayed on the internet website whilst booking.

The room was actually quite dated, and was not as luxurious as other Pullmans. I was out off by dining, drinking or room service due to the ridiculous prices. I opted to adventure out instead.

The only good thing about this place is the location. You're not too far (walking distance for sure) from the Eiffel Tower amongst other places.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Kate G
René A, Directeur général at Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience during your recent stay at the Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel.

We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced by the current state of the hotel last year. We honestly understand your frustrations regarding the transformation of the hotel and the services we were able to offer during the length of your stay were not adequate for your needs.

I also have the pleasure to advise you that our hotel’s full refurbishment is finished. Our hotel is offering fully refurbished bedrooms, a lobby and a restaurant designed by the famous French Designer Christophe Pillet.

We sincerely wish to have the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with a totally new experience in the fully renovated Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel; an experience which reconfirms the Pullman guest promise and which makes your stay a memorable one.

René Angouajard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 4, 2014

This hotel has been recently updated, we had a big room that worked for our family of four. The hotel is a block away from the Eiffel Tower, and has two different train stations a 5 minute walk in either direction. This was a great jumping off point for us and we'd stay again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Keribee
René A, Directeur général at Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you very much for your comment on the Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are hoping to welcome you back soon.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We booked at the last minute and were very pleased with the size and cleanliness of the room and large bath. The location is excellent for walking. The Eiffel Tower is just a few blocks away and you could see it lit up at night from our hotel room window. The restaurant food was excellent. Staff were very pleasant, when you could get their attention. It took 5 calls to get service to the room. The decor was new and very modern, not to my taste.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the tower.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
René A, Directeur général at Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor.

First of all, we would like to thank you for these nice comments.
Your satisfaction is exactly what we are searching for, therefore your compliments are a great reward for us.
Please be assured that we took notes of your comment related to get service to the room.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future.
Sincerely
Hong Kong
Reviewed June 30, 2014

From the arrival to the check out this hotel has been a disaster with the service. Unprofessional check in and certainly not the expectation we should get as a regular visitor in Accor hotels group. You are asked to pay upfront 100% on the room with signature, they do not know what imprint of the credit card is about in this hotel. ... Looks like we would run away without paying our own bills. The staff at the check in and check out is more a training center for students rather than a hotel where service should show French elegance. Looking at the location of the hotel right at the corner of the Eiffel Tower this shows once again that the French team in charge or should I say not in charge of the service displays the non professionalism.
On top of the list of the worst team members I would nominate the lady called Pauline which on top of not knowing her job 100% shows a high profile of disrespect to customers.
Obviously she does not want to listen to customers, rude behavior that should not be entitled in any business and especially hotel business and obviously the word sorry is not part of her vocabulary.

The bill was not even printed upon check out since the computer system of the hotel was down. Was told I would receive it by email but 24 hours later, still nothing has been received.

Eiffel Tower view this is if you stand out of your room and bend towards the right on the balcony.

Feather pillows... It just took 15mn to have them delivered... Look like this was an impossible service to get as it took me 4 phone calls to reach the guest service Center. Was told we are busy so we can't pick up all calls... Is this really the words you should be getting when you are a customer paying a high price for a room night?

The good thing Is that the rooms are elegantly decorated and spacious.

The only person that showed professional service was Mr Kouadio. Special thanks to him.

Really feel sorry for all the tourists staying in this hotel. Please do not stay there or do not expect the service level of a 4 star hotel unless you don't mind having to deal with freshies who do not really care about customers.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank StephanHHongKong
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel.

I am truly sorry that our services did not meet your expectations and sincerely apologize for the lack of attention and service quality you encountered during your stay
Please be assured that Ithe staff of the hotel's reception department have been advised of your comments. They have been reminded that maintaining a high standard of hospitality and service is an essential part of their daily work. Every measure has been taken to ensure that all our guests are greeted with courtesy and professionalism.Your patronage to our hotel is extremely important
I sincerely wish to have the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with a totally new experience.

Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

I'm totally satisfied with this hotel and if I will come back again to Paris will book room in this place with Eiffel view :)
Clean room , great personal , cool and funny bartender , perfect location, comfortable room , good breakfast , fast room service .
Guys was a bit slow during check in process , but depends what u comparing with ( after visiting Spain everything is fast )
Thank u for great time !

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank snuppa_m
Thank you for sharing your experience in our hotel on TripAdvisor.
It is always a pleasure to read that our guests enjoy our stay with us and especially the quality of our team members.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon at the Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel.
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

This was our first stay in Paris and this was a great choice of hotel. It is two minutes from the Eiffel Tower, we had an amazing view of it from our room. Staff we're very helpful, polite and attentive. Great first Paris experience for us both, would definitely recommend this hotel. It was clean and modern with a very nice feel.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tony E
René A, Directeur général at Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Paris Tour Eiffel.

Naples, Florida
Reviewed June 25, 2014

I felt as though I could reach out and touch the Eiffel Tower from my room on the 8th floor! Easy walk from Metro and restaurants as well. Very modern look, check in area fooled me! There were some hiccups in their computerized check-in procedure that resulted in my friend, who arrived before me, being given a room but not showing up as registered. When I arrived I was checked into a 2nd room (we were sharing) even though I knew he was already there. With no way to find him, we ended up not having dinner together and only found each other at midnight.

To their credit, the hotel let us stay in both rooms at no extra charge and the manager contacted us later with a very kind offer for a future stay, I know they are trying very hard to please their guests but fighting a computer is a losing battle. Hopefully those bugs will get worked out and one can simply enjoy all the fine points of the hotel and location. I can recommend the nearby Chez Ribe as a very pleasant place for dinner when on your own. The hotel's breakfast was very comprehensive, my room was sparkling clean and comfortable, albeit in a minimalistic style, with Roget Gallet toiletries. I hope to be giving the Pullman a totally positive review in the future.

Room Tip: Higher floors on Eiffel side have spectacular view and as such are priced in a higher category.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel on TripAdvisor.

I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay. I honestly understand your frustrations.
Your feedback to our hotel is extremely important and I sincerely wish to have the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with a totally new experience; an experience which reconfirms the Pullman guest promise and which makes your stay a memorable one.