“Wonderful Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of De Vigny Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
De Vigny Hotel
Ranked #1,074 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Oxon
“Wonderful Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2008

Stayed 3 nights last week, and had a wonderful time. The hotel has a great location 2mins from the Champs Elysees. The executive room we stayed in was lovely, clean, very comfy bed, fresh flowers (that were even changed during our short stay) and a beautiful marble bathroom.

We ate at the restaurant 2 of the nights, the food was excellent. We also had a lady playing the harp through dinner which was a nice touch.

The staff were very helpful and polite, and the lounge/reception area was stunning.

Would definitely stay here again on our next trip to Paris.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Jhb
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2008

We have returned from a 3 night stay at the Hotel de Vigny. What a magnificent Parisian hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed the decor and ambience. Classic French style. The service was very good and all our needs were looked after from transport to and from the airport to special requests. We think that an added feature of the Hotel is its central location and access to central nodes and local transport. We will definately be going back in the near future.

• Liked — Decor
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
Naples, Campania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2008

Hotel De Vigny is the perfect starting place to visit Paris, just off the Champs Elysees. My girlfriend and I stayed there for four nights last month and couldn't have been happier with our stay.
The staff was efficient, friendly and helpful, with great recommendations for making the most of a visit to Paris. The restaurant and bar "Le Baretto" has left us with a remembered love of "Seven Hour stewed leg of Lamb Served with Couscous and Fresh vegetables" and "Fresh French Cheese platter".
The well appointed room gave us a felling of beeing home while away from home: generously sized in comparison to some other hotels in Paris - one of the most comfortable dreamy bed ever!
I can honestly recommend the Hotel De Vigny. You will not be dissappointed.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
Macon, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2008

I arrived in Paris on March 17th, and after a horrible experience
with my airline flight, it was a joy to finally arrive at the hotel.
After hearing of my plight with the airline, the staff could not have been nicer. The staff took totally charge of my baggage, there was no delay in getting me settled into my room.
The Hotel de Vigny is an equisite and relaxing hotel. My room was spotless, and with flowers waiting for me.As I am in Paris for a convention, I look forward in returning to the hotel after the long day to find the night maid has prepared the room for the evening.
I also find the Baretto very comfortable, love the Burlwood tables,
and the cusine excellant. The food is some of the best I ever have eaten, especially the Salmon and Risotto. I must say the Chef is superior. This restaurant should have a star status.
I also recommend the new item the "Pistascheo Creme Brulee",
it is too die for.
The hotel lives up to the standards of the Chateau and Relais in every way, from the first greeting, to my departure. The hotel
is charming, Parsian in style, and a dream hotel to stay.
I reccommend this hotel to anyone coming to Paris and Chateau and Relais is privilidged to have it in their book.

• Liked — Quality of ammenties available, cleaniness of room.
  • Disliked — There is nothing not to like.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2007

R&C would do well to disassociate itself from this property. We chose Hotel De Vigny because we knew we'd have the standard wonderful experience we've enjoyed at R&C properties elsewhere. Definitely not the case. Poor service (with the exception of one gentleman), sub par rooms and an average dining experience. The location, however, is great.

• Liked — It's location - everything is in walking distance
  • Disliked — The rooms
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank TLJUsa
Thessaloniki, Greece
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2006

I stayed at the De Vigny for 4 nights during Easter period with my family. Room wasn't ready on arrival, so we left our bags at the hotel and return at 13.00 to get in our room. We were fortunate enough to receive a Junior Suite on the fourth floor; the room was spacious for Paris, very luminous with a large bay window, plenty of storage space, and a small but well equiped bathroom with a bidet. The TV was a bit small, but there is also a mini HiFi available. Decor by Nina Cambell was pretty. The corridors are a bit narrow and the elevator is disguished by paintings. The lobby area with the small library is lovely as well as the Baretto restaurants, which serves also a sufficient breakfast buffet with the most delicious pastries we ve ever had in Paris. We had a smoking room, but it didnt smell smoke at all and it was-as all parts of the hotel- extremely clean. Service was very friendly and did not have an attitude. Location is convenient 2 mins walk from the Champs Elysees and less than 5 from the Arc De Triomphe and the Etoile metro/RER stop. The hotel is also a member of Relais & Chateaux hotels and trully deserves it; i am suspicious for the other reviews. Overall, if you like traditional boutique hotels this is the one for you.

• Stayed April 2006
35 Thank greece4ever
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2006

I stayed there one night on a business trip. The hotel does not live up to the standards that I have been used to with Relais & Chateaux. I arrived at 2:30 pm on a Sunday and had to wait 20 min for my room. Then I could only get a smoking room as opposed to a non-smoking room as requested.
The room was small and dark with outdated furniture and TV. The lighting in the bathroom is awful (Woman, beware for your make-up). I found the service a bit slow and not very professional as I hear staffmembers moaning about a client openly.
I would strongly advise against booking this hotel for a tourist visit. During week-ends, the area is dead and overall you are far from everything unless your main interest is the Champs Elysees.

• Stayed January 2006, traveled on business