“Great Hotel, but The Room wasnt Ready at 3pm (Boo)”

Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel
Ranked #307 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reality
“Great Hotel, but The Room wasnt Ready at 3pm (Boo)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2010

The location was awesome, rooms awesome, food great, bed comfy, most employees were nice. I'd stay again.....but wasn't happy with checking in at 10am and no room. They gave a late check out for the connecting rooms I booked. Um.... strange. Why would they grant that???? So they gave a 1pm check out when they knew the rooms was booked by me for the next 5 days. And I had told them when I would arrive. So my family and I went and ate lunch, came back and waited from Noon until 4pm for the room. Tired and jet lagged, in the atrium lobby...... other then that, the place was in a GREAT location. Wow to the location!!! Oh and I had to pay for WIFI. I got free WIFI at a hotel in India and Uganda, Africa, but Paris I have to pay. Come on Marriott! B+ overall

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Campbell, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2010

I've lagged at posting my glowing review. We were there Sept 2008. Because my husband has status at the Marriott, we were upgraded to the Presidential Suite. From the balcony we could see the Arc de Triomphe, Champs-Elysees street and the high-end shops. Paris was our first stop in France and the upgrade made this an amazing experience already. This trip was a special occasion for us. Thus, it was a pleasant surprise to come back to our room from a day of visiting museums to see 2 bottles of champagne and pistachio chocolate covered strawberries.

The room had a sofa and was spacious by European standards. It's in a great location, close to the must-see spots and metro. We basically walked everywhere. The staff was very nice. Loved the room but we were shocked to find out that it cost $10,000/night with the exchange rate at the time.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alchemist8888
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2010

We stayed in the Marriott Champs Elysees for three nights in early June 2010. We loved the location—situated near plenty of shopping, we could walk to the Eiffel Tower relatively easily and were a couple of blocks away from the Arc du Triomphe. The Metro (Franklin D. Roosevelt) was literally a few steps away and we took it everywhere.

The room itself was large, especially by European standards, and lived up to the 5-star quality. The employees at the reception area were very professional, friendly, and courteous. We ate breakfast one of the mornings at the hotel restaurant and had the buffet, which was very good. We would definitely stay here again!

Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2010

The location is the biggest pro I can see with this hotel: close to many shops, Monoprix grocery store, restaurants, sites, metro, etc. The room was nice and clean. The front desk staff was helpful, but it took multiple requests for our bags to be brought to our room. Normally we do it ourselves but had left them for the day because we arrived at 9:00 A.M. While you can definitely do worse with regard to quality, the amount charged for these rooms is a little ridiculous. Paris isn't cheap, but better deals can be found. Would only use points to stay here again.

Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2010

This is a great hotel in the Champs-Elysees shopping district and close to the Arc de Triomphe. Good hotel for Americans given that most of the staff spoke English and they had a very good buffet breakfast. The staff was very helpful. It is a bit far from some of the major attractions like the Eiffel Tower, but the route can be walked if you have a little time.

Washington DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2010

Used Marriott points to stay at this hotel and it was worth every point ...
We had reserved an executive room for points plus an $80 upgrade. We requested early check in but there were no executive rooms available for early check in. They gave us a regular room and didn't charge the $80/upgrade per night. This worked out great. We didn't spend alot of time in the room - so didn't really want the upgraded room anyway, but the regular room wasn't available via points on marriott.com. All in all a great deal.

The 'regular' room was quite nice. Seems very newly renovated. Flat screen tv, ipod docking station radio, etc.

Gym was small with 2 treadmills and only 1 eliptical - but never crowded, so I guess it works...

Location is great - right in the middle of the CE.

The breakfast buffet in the restaurant was awesome. (Free for Platinums.) Really good mushrooms.... and the croissants were great too!

We ate at the Marriott Square sidewalk cafe our first night. It was good. Not great. But good. We ate lunch at the Montecristo next door. We would never go back! It was really, really bad. It seems like a night club that happens to serve food. Took forever to get our food and prices were ridiculous. Lots of complaining patrons but the staff didn't seem to care.

We found (duh) that restaurants off the CE were cheaper and of much better quality.

Scotch Plains, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2010

This hotel is right in the heart of Paris! You are only a couple of blocks away from the Arc, subway stops, great restaurants, and wonderful shops. The hotel staff was amazing!! My husband and I stayed there over thanksgiving weekend, and didn’t know what to expect since this was our first time in Paris. To be honest we were expecting small rooms, snotty French attitudes, and for no one to speak English….this all couldn’t be further from the truth! The hotel is BEAUTIFUL! Clean, welcoming, and comfortable are the 3 descriptions I would. My husband and I got separate one morning, and he had our only overseas phone. I got back to the hotel and sheepishly spoke to the concierge and asked him where a public phone is so I can make a call on my credit card to so that I could find him. Within 2 seconds he called my husband, told me how to find him (aka drew me a map), and informed me where I could get some coffee on my way. He was heaven scent!!! This hotel is wonderful, and anyone who is going to Paris should at least go there for a drink in their lounge overlooking the Champs-Elysees.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple