“nice hotel If you can afford it”

Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel
Ranked #365 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 22, 2009

I stayed in Marriott Champs Elysees in 2003 for my honeymoon. I have noticed that it has been renewed. I liked the new decoration it was luxury modern style.
I liked the flowers arrangements in the lobby, and the complementary tea and coffee every day from 6 to 8 a.m.

We have stayed in a deluxe room "very small room" in comparison to the price which was so high.

The location is strategic and the service of the hotel was as expected in any five stars hotel.

I will summarize my observations as the following;
- The handle of the bath tub should be replaced with a new one. "The metal piece of the bathtub was without a cover and it was looking ugly".

-There was a small cut in the Curtin of the room.

- Their oriental menu was not that good. I think they should do something about improving their oriental food taste.

- they don’t have water cattle in the room and when I asked the room service for it they said that they don’t have any in the whole hotel that was weird because all the hotels I have been in outside France offers it. (4 and five stars hotels) !!

- They have not makeup our room every night and i was not sure was it because of the timing? I once asked them to clean the carpet and they apologize that the cleaning service was not available any time!

Above all, I have enjoyed my stay in the hotel and I would definitely choose it again if I had the opportunity to go Paris in the future.

And I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a five star hotel in the heart of the Champs Elysees.

1  Thank loyalty_vip
Write a ReviewReviews (1,670)

Reviewed October 11, 2009

This hotel is in a great location only a few blocks from Arc D'Triomph and a Metro station. Public rooms are beaufiful. 'Guest rooms are modern but small. Hotel is very expensive.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2009

My family of 4 stayed in a room with 2 queen beds. This is very rare for Paris and Europe in general to have occupancy of 4 with queen beds in one room. They were not giving us this option originally until we pressed on. Hotel was top notch with hermes soaps and shampoos in the bathroom which had a shower and separate bathtub , beautiful small lobby, great and friendly staff (namely saood and omar) who help with planning our sightseeings. They also exchange currency at a reasonable rate. The location of this hotel could not have been better! Champs Elysees Avenue is THE spot to be and its in the center of all the tourist spots, shopping, cafes, metro and bus stops and everything else u want. We dined at the outdoor cafe (The Monte Cristco) a few times (great food and reasonably priced except for the sodas (8 euros a pop!))...thye cafe is right outside the entrance. We enjoyed our stay there thoroughly.

A few complaints:

For some reason this Marriott does not provide free breakfast when u use points. This was very odd b/c every Marriott i have stayed at, i received this perk. Breakfast was about 29 euros! lol so go to the bakery thats down the street (take a right out the main lobby door)

Wireless internet was not free! I have never gone to a Marriott before where u had to pay for internet. It was about 20 euros i think for 24 hours....thats ridiculous! We pretty much brought our laptops for no reason....the computer center was even more expensive!

They had a sign on the bed that said "if you wish to be green and save water/energy keep this sign on your bed and we will not change/wash ur sheets during ur stay." Im all for being green but in this case i wanted my sheets changed and hid the sign......they didnt change our sheets the whole stay....i knew this b/c i accidentally got lipstick on the bed sheet so i saw it everyday i was there. We told the nice housekeeper when we saw her but she didnt know english so we just let it go.

Other than those complaints everything was amazing. Save up those Marriott Points, it was well worth it!

1  Thank dee786
Reviewed October 3, 2009

Of course that's not why i go to Paris. I stayed here at the tail end of a 3 week trip to france because i could use points. There's more english spoken here than at the hotels i stay in NY - and virtually all the guests are non-continental european. The desk staff were rude (wouldn't honor my "guarenteed" reservation room request - and offered no apology or anything to make up for it), the rooms were standard courtyard marriott. All in all, i would look at some of the other rated hotels in Paris. Champs is nice, but look down by the Ile if you're looking for a GOOD French experience.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank grlpwr
Reviewed September 26, 2009

This Marriott needs to review its service- over 8 days, we found too many issues with the level of services- poor communications over dinner reservations made by front desk personnel, causing tables to be lost; rooms not cleaned until very late afternoon; room given out, not ready for occupancy; very overpriced breakfast offerings (go to Brioche Doree a few steps outside), etc. This was our third stay here in 5 years, and will be our last.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2009

My 11-year old daughter and I just travelled to Paris for 5 days as part of a two week vacation in France. The city and the Marriott absolutely fulfilled all of our expectations. Paris is wonderful and the Marriott is the right hotel in the right location. It's in a perfect spot on the Champs-Elysees - easy walking distance to the Arc de Triomphe, the Place de la Concorde and Luxor Eygptian Obelisk; across the street and a half block down from the famous Laduree Patisserie (try the almond croissants!); adjacent to all kinds of great shops, restaurants, etc.; and close to the Eiffel Tower and other attractions. The hotel was a quiet oasis with a lovely lobby and the service was excellent. I've seen a few reviews on this website suggesting otherwise and I just have to say that our experience completely belied that. Concierge Omar could not have been nicer or more helpful, the staff at the desk and the door were delightful and the hostess at the restaurant went out of her way to be extremely pleasant to us each morning at the breakfast buffet, which by the way was excellent. Omar suggested Chez Andre as a restaurant, close by (walking distance) on Rue Marboef - we ended up eating there twice, the food was excellent and surprisingly reasonably priced. Our room was wonderful - great, comfy bed and comforter, CD docking station, flat-screen TV, great bathroom - not a great view, but who cares? Just walk outside for the amazing view up the Champs-Elysees with the Arc de Triomphe lit up at night, that's all the view you need! All in all, a great experience and we were very sad to leave.

2  Thank pjb100
Reviewed September 5, 2009

I usually stay at a Marriott whenever possible and was looking forward to staying at the Marriott Champs Elysees (as Paris was our 3rd stop in our Euro trip). Unfortunately, the reception staff were not friendly. The rooms and bathroom are large. The carpet had many stains. The used wine glasses were not changed for 2 days (changed because I've asked them to). To top it all, the concierge did not help me at all in finding coin shops cos he didn't know where to look, so when I've asked him if I can use the Yellow Pages, he told me to go and use the internet (he could have made a phone call!!). I think Marriott should send this guy to any of their 2,700+ hotels to learn what good service is. Also, check your bill carefully, I didn't use or consume anything in the hotel, yet at checkout there was a dinner charge for 63 Euros (including 10 Euros tip), of course it was cancelled.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple