“October Visit”

Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel
Ranked #306 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Overall I had a very paositive experience, with teh staff being very friendly and accomadating during the trip. The beds were on the small side even though I was confirmed in a king bed and it was difficult to sleep. the concierge was very knowledgable and friendly. Overall I would return but it truly is a no frills hotel.

There are newer reviews for Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I used my Marriott points to stay here and it was worth every point! (about 6 months of staying at a residence inn) This hotel is right on the Avenue des Champs-Élysées just a 5 + minute walk from the Arc de Triomphe, a 25 minute walk to the Louvre, and a 15 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower.
The room was very clean, comfortable and the bed was wonderful to sleep on after a 11 hour plane ride. It is about a 40 minute drive by cab from Charles De Gaulle Airport and will run between 40 & 55 euros depending on who is driving, or if you don't have much luggage you can take the Air France shuttle to the Arc and walk down to the hotel for free.
We had 6 Bags of luggage due to using Paris as a stop over for a much longer flight elsewhere and there was plenty of room for our luggage and for us to to walk around the room. We had a view over looking the garden terrace of the restaurant and the court yard of other places, but then we didn't spend much time in the hotel with so much of history to see right at our footsteps.
Being an Elite member we received breakfast as part of our stay and the selection of fruits, cheese, breads, pastries was filling and kept us going until we had lunch each day.
The concierge was very helpful and gave us tips on what to see while we were walking towards a destination. All in all we had a wonderful time at this hotel, and were greeted by everyone with a friendly Bonjour or Bonsoir.
I also want to thank the concierge for sending our camera lense back to us and being extremely helpful in this action, the lense was waiting for us when we returned back home!
The Good: Location, the rooms, the breakfast, but most of all the friendly and helpful staff
The Bad: If you want to find bad you can, but on this trip we were enjoying everything around us and didn't notice the bad.
The Ugly: not here at this place
On the scuba bubble scale I give this place 9 out of 10 Bubbles

Room Tip: 4th floor facing the court yard was wonderful
Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel is about a 10-15 minute walk from the Arc de Triomphe. The hotel is clean. The room we stayed on the 7th floor was clean but rather small. It had a double bed for us to share. The hotel staff is friendly and speaks English without difficulty. The hotel is a no-frills kind of place with no gift store, exercise facilities, game room, pool or spa. It does contain a business office that I could probably have used to print airplane boarding passes if I had needed to.
There is a fairly small restaurant. Food and drinks are also served in the hotel lobby. One morning, for breakfast, we ate in the restaurant. They had a fairly costly breakfast bar (30 Euros) that was well stocked. In my opinion, you should be pretty damn hungry if you're going to spend that much on breakfast. We had croissants, breakfast pasteries and coffee. I had french toast that was absolutely to die for. I've never had anything like it !
One evening, we had dinner in the lobby. In my opinion, the food was overpriced and not very good. I had the shish kabob. It was an inferior cut of beef, dry and overcooked (32 Euros). The meat would be better used for sling-shot projectiles than a dinner choice. The side vegetables was ok, but in no way outstanding. The waiter served my son french fries (that we never ordered) then tried to charge us 7 Euros for rice that was supposed to be included with the meal. My wife had to show him on his own menu; even though he was the head waiter (really weak).
We are huge Marriott patrons and in general love the hotels. Although the location of this hotel is outstanding, this particular facility is comfortable but no show-case.
***One more thing-UNRELATED to the hotel itself. If you have an iphone, contact your carrier before you travel abroad. My iphone was using roaming cellular data without my knowledge and charged me $243 in data fees from apps running in the background without my even knowing it !!!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michael B
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

Where do I start?!? .... I booked in this hotel and stayed for five nights using marriot member points which is apparently a bad thing to do. I have been staying in marriot hotels for so many years but this was a disaster.

1. Was given and promised an upgrade then taken away. Which is disrespectful to any guest.

2. The bed needs to be changed it was on the verge of breaking apart.

3. On one occasion there was no hot water in the bathroom.

4. The room was so tiny it barely fit two bags.

5. The concierge didn't look at us on several incidents when we asked him for directions he was rude and not helpfull.

6. The balcony had no tables and most importantly no view. "the view was another building". And we were congratulated for that on check in.

7.The terrace at the restaurant was booked for two full days.

This hotel is living off its location and that only. I complained and received an opology for ruining the first week of my honeymoon. Me and my family decided to shift to another hotel chain after so many years of good experiences with Marriot hotels.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank M-AlBusaidi
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We visit Paris every other year but this time we stayed at Marriott's Champs-Élysées are it made our time so amazing. We were treated like royalty and although in Paris one does not spend much time in your room Every moment there was a memory that won't be forgotten. The exercise room was lovely. The lobby and perfect and the staff were friendly and helpful. A perfect stay indeed

Room Tip: I don't believe there was a pool
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Just spent a week at this hotel and it was wonderful. Great room, large with a beautiful bathroom. Tub, Shower and large marble sink. The location on the Champs-Elysees is right by the Arch. Good shopping near by. The staff was very helpful with reservations and recommendations.

Room Tip: our room faced outside which we liked, many face an inner court yard.
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Our 1 week stay in Paris was made all the more wonderful by the staff at the Marriott Hotel. Having read some other travelers reviews we were apprehensive. But from our check in experience to be helped to our taxi on our departure this hotel ranks as one of our favorites. Like many other Trip Advisor reviewers we used points to pay for our room. What better place to spend them than Paris. We were greeted by smiles and courtesy from day one. Myra at the front desk and all the concierges, especially Omar and Abdou, could not have been more helpful throughout our visit. The room was spacious and on the top floor, with a large balcony and a great view to the south and west. The breakfast buffet had a near perfect selection of fresh fruit berries, meats, cheeses and smoked fish, and on top of that the kitchen staff made me gluten free French Toast with Creme Anglais and maple syrup. They had gluten free bread and cereal, but I brought my favortie brands with us and they used mine for the French Toast. If you cvan afford it, with points or Euros, I would highly recommend this hotel

Room Tip: If you are given the top floor room nearest the central airconditioning KEEP IT!. It is larger tha...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple