“Not a Catagory 8”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando, Florida
“Not a Catagory 8”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed on points and I was a little disappointed. The room was very nice and comfortable, large bathroom. We are platinum and chose the wine and cheese tray as our welcome gift and it was phenomenal. Nice start to five days in Paris. Very disappointed in the Champs-Elysees area. Despite very expensive shops the street was a tacky free-for-all of beggars and break dancers with boom boxes blaring. Definitely go down the side streets for better food and atmosphere,especially Rue Pierre. I was also dissapointed with the staff at the Marriott, they were kind of snobby. Not the usual friendly Marriott personnel. Breakfast buffet was nice, included with elite. No executive lounge though.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Naples, Florida
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My girlfriend and I spend six nights at this wonderful hotel. We thoroughly enjoyed every minute and it could not have been more perfect.
I used my Marriott points and we had a fantastic large upgraded room with a bath and separate shower. Breakfast and complimentary wi-fi were also two wonderful perks that we loved.
The lobby bar is a lovely place to relax, unwind, enjoy a beverage and watch the world go by.
Service was fantastic, always receiving a welcoming hello and smile.
The location right on the Champs Elysees is the best! We could virtually walk everywhere or easily take the metro.
Thank you Marriott for such a wonderful time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Wonderful accommodations, excellent staff, and a location central to all of Paris on one of the most beautiful streets in the world. If you can afford it, take it!! The concierge was incredible - they recommended wonderful restaurants, assisted with reservations at the restaurants and attractions and helped me with my car rental return.

Gladwyne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Stayed two nights here during fashion week. From the moment of check-in til the day I left, there is nothing negative I can say about this hotel and my stay. My room was excellent and of course the location cannot be beat! It's within walking distance of many of Paris' famous landmarks. I have to give a huge shout out to concierge Abdu. He is a very caring man who is just fabulous at his job. Upon translating a postcard to send home to my wife, he was so helpful putting the passion into those sentences. When I needed a late night restaurant nearby, he steered me in an awesome direction. Not only did I get an awesome meal, I now can call the owner of the establishment a friend! Staying at this hotel was a huge bright spot on my European trip. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Trip117
Newcastle
Reviewed October 22, 2012

The perfect place to be on the best street in Paris.
A first class hotel with great staff and lovely rooms.
Quite pricey, but that is Psris prices for a city centre hotel.
Our 2 night stay was very good in a nice room.

1 Thank Birdflip
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I have left yesterday for Moscow and now I miss that hotel.
The rooms are big and the staff are friendly, very helpful. I don't expect nothing for free like a lot of people, so I enjoy the hotel a lot. Great, great, great location and very good food.
I asked to try a really local French restaurant and they sent me to a neighbourhood restaurant in the 16th, truly great. I will review it, but I have to ask the name again.
I don't think you can go wrong in this hotel.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Kozlik700
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed October 16, 2012

We are huge fans of Marriott... platinum level, multiple time share owners, credit card owners, etc. So when it was time for our very special 25th Wedding Anniversary, we of course were going to stay at a Marriott. We called in advance and talked to reservations about our trip, made sure they were aware that we really wanted to do it nicely and they promised us a room upgrade when we arrived if available. My husband, who wanted it to be even more special, ordered champagne and flowers for the room. We arrived to find they were so booked, us they knew about the occasion by there was not any options for them to give us. However, they would still look everyday and keep us updated. He did say there was a great room available our last night that we could move to. Our room, was small, hot and smelled like dirty socks. We had to keep the window open to try to cool it off.

When the room was available we checked in ... no champagne, no flowers. My husband asked and they said they would see what they could do....NOTHING EVER CAME. Our anniversary was 10/10 so two days before in the morning, we asked the concierge to book us a very special place for dinner. We again told him how important this was. He looked as if he could care less and wrote it into some book. NEVER HEARD BACK... Day before, we stopped by to find out what he had done. We were given the restaurant name. When we googled/yelped it, we found it was some 3 star tourist restaurant that a movie was filmed in.... REALLY??? That is the best you could do for a 25th anniversary? We called and asked to move to a place someone else had recommended. NEVER HEARD BACK. So the day of we stopped by to see what if anything was booked. A new concierge was there and was very helpful. When I asked, did you tell them it was our 25th, he was surprised that was not noted and immediately called to get it set up. Dinner was incredible, view was perfect and a review on that will be next.

On the 11th, we are in the elevator with another couple and she mentioned the balcony of her room. I asked if it was a suite and she said yes, the hotel had upgraded her! Any reason why, no and they were surprised. AMAZING!

After asking again about an upgrade and still noting that nothing was ever done that my husband had requested, the night manager, Tarek sent up a bottle of champagne and some strawberries. The room that was available for our last night.... never happened.

We stopped by the Renaissance Paris Vendome Hotel and we should have stayed there. It was lovely, people very nice and location was great. The restaurant that is next to it is also incredible... review on that soon too. We thought the old world style would complete the experience, but it is obvious that we were not their typical clientele and they did not want to work with us.

7 Thank FairfaxVATraveler