“Back Again! Favorite place in Paris”

Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel
Ranked #323 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Love the place.
Best location, good food, nice people etc
Good Mojitos by barman Jose.

Room Tip: If you are on business like me, get the courtyard view, it is very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kozlik700

Reviewed April 18, 2012

We recently stayed in Paris for a one night whistle stop tour of Paris with our teenage daughter and her friend. Check in was perfect, adjoining rooms no problem, rooms everything that you would expect from a Marriott. To be honest we didn't spend too long in the hotel - we were in Paris for goodness sakes!!! See other review on Fat Tire Bike Tours but service was always swift, polite and efficient. Room service was timely, hot and actually quite delicious. When we checked out we realised that my daughter had somehow left her giant bear slippers behind in the room. Apparently the enormous 'bump' in the bed should have given her a clue! We rang the hotel and they located them and we were due to pick them up before leaving for the Eurostar. Something went wrong in the communication though and when we went back for our luggage the 'bears' couldn't be located. We were in a hurry and just chalked it up to experience. Quelle Surprise - in the post this morning were .............the bear slippers! Thank you so much for going the extra mile! By the way Fabian on reception deserves a big shout out for being such a wonderful ambassador for the Marriott and making us feel like special guests. Thank you Marriott we truly appreciate it!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank holssunski
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My daughter and I just returned from a 5 night stay at this hotel. We used my husband's Marriott points for the stay. Because he is Elite we also received complimentary buffet breakfast every day and free internet. We arrived at the hotel around 9 AM. We were told that our room was being cleaned and would be ready at 11 AM. For the inconvenience they comped us breakfast that morning which I thought was really nice since we were not officially checked in. Our room was great. Nice beds, nice bathroom with separate shower and tub, great towels. We were given shampoo, conditioner, bath gel, lotion, shower cap! It's been a long time since I stayed in a hotel that gave you a shower cap! Everyone at the hotel was wonderful: reception, concierge, the business center. I asked the concierge where we could buy an adaptor and the told me we could borrow one from the business center for the length of our stay. I thought that was really nice.
My only complaint is that if you are sitting in the lobby area which is right next to the bar, you could die before they come by to ask you if you want a drink.The first night I was there I ordered a second glass of wine and it never came. Another night I waited 40 minutes before I was approached for my order. And you can't go up to the bar to order a drink because they don't like that. I waited this long because I was curious to see how long it would take. The bar is very understaffed in the evening and the staff is running around like chickens without heads. Really, hire more people! However, if you are sitting at the front of the hotel where there is another seating area the service is better. That is my only grip. Breakfast BTW was fantastic!

Room Tip: We had a room that faced the courtyard and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank flamingolover_7
Reviewed April 13, 2012

i stayed here a few years ago but all i can say is wow, it was a lovely hotel, great service beautiful rooms and the views are what paris is all about

Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sineadleane
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I was visiting the hotel, using points, with my mother for her birthday. My mother rarely travels internationally and this was her first visit to Paris. Beginning with my correspondence with the hotel regarding a room with two beds, the service was exceptional. I receive an email back right away confirming the room type. Upon arrival we were greeted by the bell man who took our bags and the desk was very warm and friendly, chatting with us about our trip while checking us in. Our room wasn’t ready right away, but we were early so instead we went out for lunch first. Upon return we were given our hotel keys and the room was exactly as expected. I was impressed with the size of the room, especially since it is in the heart of Paris, a place known for small rooms.
In my note prior to our arrival to confirm the room type I had mentioned that we were there for my mother’s birthday, when we returned to the room that night after dinner we found the hotel had left an amenity including a small birthday cake and a note. These special touches just make the trip that much more special. Being Gold Status we had free breakfast every morning which was a comprehensive buffet including European Meats, cheeses, pastries, as well as a hot buffet and egg/omelet station. The service at the buffet was great, especially Hannah!
The last thing I’d like to mention is the location. PERFECT if you are planning to do a tourist vacation in Paris. The hop on hop off bus stops just up the street from the hotel. It is a short walk to the Arc de Triomphe, a nice walk to the Eiffel tower and other great sites and the Metro is very convenient for getting you where you need to go as well. Overall, if you have the points or can afford it I highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank jenfrost
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Stayed for 6 nights in January 2012. The location of this hotel is perfect. Centrally-located and within walking distance to almost everything if you so choose. The rooms are adequate, but not spectacular. The buffet breakfast was very good, but the "restarurant" is not a place I'd pencil into my schedule. The staff was friendly, but not overly so. I wasn't impressed with the Concierge, as they seemed to barely listen to specific requests and tended to shuffle you off to one of the restaurants that are on their "list" (and I assume that they get some sort of kcikback for doing so). If you want the Conceirge to make you a reservation at a restaurant you've read about, be sure to be forceful about it--otherwise, they'll try and talk you into somewhere else (again, presumably a location on their "list"). Overall a good choice, but pricey unless you're staying with point.

Room Tip: If you're requesting an early check-in, don't expect a room with a good view of the Champs-E...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jason F
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Booked this with Marriott points. It's one of the very few top category hotels and it's easy to see why, plenty of staff on reception, great location and wonderful rooms. We were upgraded to a Champs Élysées suite which was sumptuously furnished and spread over 3 floors. Getting to this hotel is a synch using the metro, exit at champs élysées exit taking the left hand exit and the it's straight up the champs élysées for less than 5 mins.

This hotel is right at the centre of the Paris action, on the best road, only a few mins walk from the Arc de Triomph. Be under no illusion this is an expensive part of Paris to eat and drink but who comes to stay on the champs élysées with a closed wallet?

Food at the hotel ismeyewateringly expensive but no more than the highway robbery to be found at any 5 star in a top european city. As a Marriott member we had free breakfast which is just as well, the breakfast selection is very wide but replenishment is slow due to overworked staff. If I had been paying for breakfast at over €30 each I would have been very irritated by the wait for coffee, tea and replenishments which more than once were met with a "non, Monsieur"... Eh, a French hotel has completely run out of melon/baguettes/croissants for breakfast? Yes all these, and other provisions ran out, and the staff insisted there was one to be found, as I say my breakfast was free so I didn't complain but paying I would have found it awful, especially the idea that a French hotel runs out of baguettes and croissants, with no intention of sending out to any one of the innumerate bakeries to replenish.

Breakfast provisions and understaffing aside however this hotel was a glorious respite form the busy Élysées and the room was wonderful. The whole place was scrupulously clean and is I would thoroughly recommend, just make sure you're not short on cash, but if you are read my review on the Place d'Italie....

Stayed: March 2012