“The Best”

Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel
Ranked #368 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed October 8, 2011

A once in a lifetime stay. We had a room over the Avenue, how amazing can it get!
I want to come back and I'm still here!!!

• Stayed: October 2011
1  Thank Kozlik700
Write a ReviewReviews (1,683)

Reviewed October 7, 2011

I frequently stay in this hotel for business.
It is elegant, rooms are spacious, location is good.
The only negatives are: price and lack of 5 star customer service at times.
I find it a bit too corporate in certain cases but this can be a plus for some guests.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 6, 2011

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel twice. The location, on the Champs-Elysees, is perfect. The service is good (great if you consider that much of Paris has poor customer service). And the facility is very nice. The hotel is expensive by Marriott standards, but I will willingly pay the price.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Aaron_Adkins
Reviewed October 2, 2011

This is a very nice Marriott property in a superb location on the Champs Elysees. Good size room and a spacious bathroom with all the amenities you would expect. Plenty of closet and drawer space and seating. We arrivied early from an overnight flight and our room was made available to us by noon. The room was clean and quiet overlooking a courtyard, which we requested as we did not wish to hear the noise from the street. Except for the doormen who don't acknowledge or look at you, every one was very pleasant and helpful. They have complimentary tea and coffee in the lobby each morning. Our first morning I woke up very early not having adjusted to the time difference and went down for coffee at 6:00 AM. Enjoying a cup in the lovely lobby, an employee greeted me and asked if I would like a newspaper to read.
Turn down service was at 9:30 each night, (used to around 6:00 back home), and consisted of bottled water and Godiva chocolates. All these things were nice, but the location on the Champs Elysees is premier. Just steps away from shops, restaurants, the metro, the hop on hop off bus and sightseeing. Ideal as far as we were concerned. The location added greatly to the quality of our time in Paris with everything being so convenient and easy.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank pfmMa
Reviewed October 2, 2011

MY REVIEW IS BASED ON MY OVERALL STAY. PLEASE DO READ MY SECURITY ISSUE AT THIS HOTEL AT THE END OF MY REVIEW.

My wife and I spent 5 nights at the Marriott Champs-Elysees.

The hotel itself is nice but not amazing by any 5 star standards. It's a pretty regular high end Marriott but nothing like a Four Seasons. If you picture 4 star then you will like it.

The rooms are large for a Paris hotel and the location is great. It's right in the middle of all the action on the the Champs-Elysees. Metros are VERY close (1-2 minute) walk. From these close Metro hubs you can quickly get to Eiffle Tower, Marseilles, Louvre and all other attractions.

As others have mentioned breakfast is really quite good and large. You do get what you pay for at 29 euros.

Amazing shopping and restaurants are just outside the door of the hotel.

One thing I didn't like about the hotel is that at a 5 star level I didn't like the nickel and diming for something as basic as wifi. They charge 8 euros an hour OR 19 euros a day for internet access. I thought that doesn't make sense for an $899 a night hotel. Best Western which is 2 star is offering it free as is 99% of most hotels in the area.

The hotel does have parking at 40 euros a day. Steep but what the heck it's central Paris so everything is over the top.

MAJOR SECURITY COMPLAINT: On our last night we had a random guy from the hotel walk in to our room unannounced at 11:10 PM with a black bag. HE DID NOT KNOCK. We had to chase him from our room and down the hallway. We are convinced he was stealing from rooms because of the way he entered and the way he left. He was VERY surprised to see us in our room. I notified the front desk immediately of this altercation and they said they would address it and i never heard back. I'm still bothered by this experience. I feel lucky we weren't gone or sleeping when he came in. It was NOT handled professionally and properly for the security risk it poses. IF YOU HAVE PASSPORTS ETC. USE THE SAFE.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Champs-Elysees
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Kerjner
Reviewed September 29, 2011

I spent nine days at the Champs-Elysees hotel. It is just like most high end Marriotts anywhere in the World. I have stayed a lot nicer hotels for a lot less money. I will say that the location of this hotel makes up for any criticism I can muster. You are in the heart of this glorious city and are a short walk to some breathtaking sights. You are so close to great shopping venues, terrific restaurants, and historic sights.

The breakfast is substantial. If a large breakfast is your thing, EAT at the hotel. Yes. It is wonderful and worth the price. If you don't go for the large breakfast, you are less than a minute from any number of cafes that will serve you a delicious croissant and coffee.

The rooms are large and comfortable. The bathrooms are made for relaxing. Oh, and turn down service leaves you a slight different treat each night. The hotel has a good WIFI connection.

Keep in mind that the hotel is in the heart of Paris so don't expect it to be as quiet as a Mountain Chateau in the Alps, but it is peaceful for the most part.

Like with most Marriotts, the staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Beautiful location and a must stay if you're in Paris. However, the non-smoking room stunk to high heaven of cigarettes. We were unable to move rooms since the hotel was sold out (crowded in the summer). It is very expensive, but being centrally located to all of the important sites in Paris, it was worth the stay. The concierge service was helpful and friendly. The front desk....not so much.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple