“Handy hotel, good decor & comfortable rooms. Great staff”

Residence Imperiale
Ranked #936 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Handy hotel, good decor & comfortable rooms. Great staff”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights & have no complaints. From arrival the staff at reception were very helpful & friendly. The rooms are typical of Paris - small but acceptable. The breakfast room is small but adequate, but does get warm. Good choice of nice restaurants nearby, as is the metro.

Room Tip: Go high to avoid street noise
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
laurent P, Responsable réception at Residence Imperiale, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. I will be sure to share your compliments with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Polish first
Southampton UK
Reviewed July 4, 2012

The hotel is in an excellent position for the Palais de Congres where I was attending an exhibition. The entrance is nicely done and the receptionist very polite and helpful. The bedroom part of my room was not too bad, it was on the 5th floor so nice and quiet, but when you look a bit closer it is a bit tired. The shelves in the wardrobe were a monument to sealant and looked terrible.

However what really let this place down for me was the bathroom. The shower did pass two of my tests, hot water at a constant temperature and firmly fixed to the wall but failed with a huge leak from the pipe to the head. The loo roll fitting was half off the wall, so I could actually see one of the rawlplugs. The bath itself look liked it had had an argument with a big axe, a bit psycho but without Janet Leigh with bit slice cut into it, and the loo seat was in such a state that I wondered, with some dread, what the dark bits on it were, luckily to substrate to the white coating and nothing more sinister.

So only 3 stars from me I am afraid, could be 4 with a bit of DIY. I didn't try to the breakfast (€15 apparently) so cannot comment on that.

Lastly it's about a 10 minute walk to the Arc de Triomphe just round the corner.

Room Tip: High up is quiet
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank C4LWX
Thank you so much for your kind feedback which is genuinely appreciated as we use this to review what improvements we can make to our product and service. I am delighted to note that you felt that you were looked after by our team in general very well and this is absolutely central to our service ethos.We have noted this,
Rest assured that everything has been followed up with my team and we had made improvment in our rooms.
I very much hope that you will consider trying us once more.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I found myself with 2 nights to spend in Paris on my own, I spent one night and this hotel and wish I could've spent more! It was a great location for the price, the room was clean and modern and the receptionist was very polite and helpful. The only issue was the shower leaked slightly but I've experience this in most French hotels, it wasn't a big issue for only one night. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and am disappointed that it is fully booked for my next trip to Paris.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Clloco
Thank you for letting me know about your experience. I am glad that you are pleased with your stay overall and hope you are looking forward to a return visit.
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2011

Superb location for what we wanted, 2 minutes walk to the shuttle bus for "Longchamps"

Hotel was ideal for what we wanted, good breakfast, good restaurants nearby, near metro, really lively area, the "arc" weekend is something special, enhanced this year by fantastic weather

Belgian restaurant nearby with eat all you can offers on shell fish is super value

Would use again but need to book early when special events are taking place

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kathleen139
Thank you very much for sharing your review with us. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we will see you back very soon.
Pretoria
Reviewed September 26, 2011

Good average hotel in nice location, friendly reception staff and good breakfast.... BUT, the housekeeper let them down badly. Our bath was not cleaned daily, the curtains in the room were torn/broken and were hanging skew - we therefore could not close them properly, we did not get toiletpaper (?) and had to ask at reception every day for toiletpaper.

Our room was VERY small ( Superior room for Euro170/night )...compared to hotel rooms we stayed in Munich and Salzburg after this visit.

We would NOT recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Select a better hotel in the outskirts of Paris - better value
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jan L
Thank you for sharing your recent experience. We are concerned that you did not completely comfortable. Rest assured, our guests comfort is our top priority. As a new front office manager, i spend a lot of time in rooms to ensure rooms are cleaned properly. It is inexcusable you had to ask anything that should have been in your room daily and i hope you will accept my apologies.
Standards are different from a country to another but i am sure everybody can understand it.
We wish you all a happy new year.
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I was working in Courbevoire for two weeks, so brought my wife for the trip. We could have opted for a place closer to work for me but she would have been bored during the day. So we chose this hotel for our 12 night's stay.
We arrived at noon exhausted after an overnight flight from Montreal. We were warmly welcomed even though we were three hours early. We were given a room on the fourth floor which we both found small considering our two-week stay, and reception changed us to room 514 which was bigger.
- Room 514: faces the street, so can be noisy. The garbage collection vehicles start around 5:00am - and you will know each one as they pass. We ended up closing the windows and sleeping with the A/C on.
26" Flat screen TV on the wall, all French channels -but hey! We're in France! Clothes closet in one corner. Bathroom with confusing shower / bath controls, but they work in the end. Bathroom window has frosted glass and no curtains, office staff across the road must get some sights!
- Breakfast: is in the basement and has all you would need. If the scrambled eggs or bacon are all gone, you can ask for more to be made. Croissants, cereals, bread, coffee, juice all provided.
- Location: The location is superb. Avenue de Malakoff is one street back from Avenue de la Grande Armee which has many cafes and restaurants. It is a two minute walk to the Metro Line 1. There is a grocery and pharmacy across the street .
- Facilities: The free WiFi internet access is a bit sketchy in 514. However it worked well enough for our stay. You are told that you need to renew your access every 24 hours - but it is 24 hours of use, and not 24 hours since the code was generated. So one code lasted us 12 nights. It seems that they have blocked VPN usage - so I couldn't log on to my corporate network from there.
The elevator is small and cosy. It says it has an occupancy of four - you will all know each other very well by the time you travel from reception to the fifth floor. Two suitcases and one person - it's full.
The tiny garden to the rear has some tables - but really it's just a smokers area.
- Staff: are very good. The receptionists are there 24/7, and very friendly. They can offer any advice visitors will need. The staff in the breakfast room were also very good, we were given detailed directions on how to get to the flea markets by them. The housekeepers are very good, they change sheets and towels when needed.

We loved the place, the hotel, Paris. We will be back.
Hugh and Louise Evans / August 2011.

Room Tip: Rooms differ in size - and noise levels depending on front or back of building. 514 is front and nic...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
laurent P, Responsable réception at Residence Imperiale, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Thank you for your review of The Residence Impériale.
I was very happy to read that you enjoyed the service delivered by our team; they do constantly strive to exceed all our guests’ expectations and it is truly what sets the Residence Impériale apart from other chains hotels in Paris.I do sincerely hope that we will see you again, and have the opportunity to show our improvment at the The Residence Impériale.
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed July 18, 2011

On the positive side:
- The front desk staff were always friendly and helpful when we asked for assistance. Thankfully they spoke English well.
- The hotel is conveniently located near the metro, restaurants, supermarket and pharmacy.
- Air conditioning was much appreciated.
- Mini bar fridge is just big enough to allow us to squeeze in a couple of our own grocery items.

On the negative side:
- The room looked dated and was nothing like the photos on the website which depict a more modern room. Maybe the hotel has only updated some of the rooms?
- In Paris I don't expect to find a large spacious room and this was no exception however the closet was not even big enough to contain one of our medium size suitcases which had to consume valuable floor space instead.
- For the first couple of days I tried unsuccessfully to get a hold of an iron and ironing board and then I just stopped asking. Apparently there is only one in the entire hotel.
- One staff member came to audit our mini bar usage, noticed the handle was missing and commented on how difficult it was to open without the handle but he didn't bother to send anyone to fix it so it stayed like that for the duration of our stay.
- In the breakfast room, the staff didn't seem to be on top of everything. Every day we would go down there and we would find the coffee was cold or empty, there would be eggs or bacon but rarely both at the same time, and items missing from the table (cup, knife etc).

Room Tip: Ask if you can get one of the updated rooms shown on the website (assuming they exist)
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ozla
Thank you so much for your kind feedback which is genuinely appreciated as we use this to review what improvements we can make to our product and service. I am delighted to note that you felt that you were looked after by our team in general very well and this is absolutely central to our service ethos.We have noted this.
We have renoved nearly all our rooms but it is true couple of them are different than the photos, but it doesn't affect the quality of our rooms, it is only a different decoration, but i understand your surprise.
We do have several iron and iron board, and we do bring them to your room.
As a front office manager, i really pay attention to your remark about the breakfast staff and the minibar verifiaction. He definitly should have passed the information.
We most certainly should have apologized immediately. Please rest assured that this has been followed up with my team. I very much hope that this answer will persuade you to consider trying us once more.