“Good service, good location”

Ibis Paris Brancion Expo 15eme
Ranked #560 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here in the second week of August for 4 nights. We arrived early from a morning flight, and had no trouble checking into our hotel room several hours before normal check in. The staff on the reception throughout our stay where very helpful and attentive. Being our first time to Paris, they helped us out every day with locating how to get around Paris with ease. Our room was slightly smaller then expected, having stayed in Ibis hotels previously, but for two people and only a few nights, it was okay. The hotel has free wi fi, which was great! As it can be quite costly in most budget hotels. Although this hotel is not in the city, it has easy accessible transportation routes to all sight seeing destinations and CDG airport. There is a lovely Boulangerie only minutes away from the hotel, and also a very good Italian restaurant! Only complaint would be that one evening, the lift was broken, but other than fixing it the following morning, there was nothing else the hotel could do, so not a big issue. Overall a very pleasant stay here, and I would come back again!

Room Tip: I've just read from previous rooms that a room on a high level has a view of the Eiffel Tower, w...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 11, 2012

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised with the location, the local area is lovely and on Sundays the street are full of local markets and fresh produce, a sight we would not have experienced had we been at one closer to the tourist stripe. Our room was a little small but it was clean and had all we needed as we spent most of our time out seeing Paris. There are a number of metro stops and bike stations around the hotel making getting around easy and a taxi from the Opera district, after a long day and we just wanted to get home was only 10 euro. The staff were polite and helpful and the breakfast was always great, set Ed in a quiet little dining hall. A pleasant stay

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I am used to the Ibis franchise from the other Paris locations I've been to, in Bagnolet or in Bastille, but this was a ridiculously small room even for the Ibis standards. I have seen more space in a Formule 1 establishment. I could literally get my foot out of the bed and reach the window on one side and the bathroom door on the other side. I could barely move around the room. Fortunately, we were there only during the night so didn't matter that much. Also, we had some really small pillows to come along with the small room. Maybe somebody thought it would be a nice touch to go "petit" with everything.
On the other hand, the guys at the reception desk were really nice and helpful. We got there quite late in the night and there was no problem with the reservation. We were a bit dissapointed because on the second day they changed the towels in the bathroom with some dirtier ones.
The view from the 5th floor was nice. We could catch a glimpse of the Eiffel tower at night and of the beautiful park across the road during the day. A Carrefour was close and the metro station only 7 minutes away. Also, it was very quiet at night and we felt very safe walking in the area.
The price was amazing for Paris. We paid around 55 euros per night. If it wasn't for the size of the rooms, the hotel would be a perfect place to stay.

Room Tip: Some of the upper floor rooms have a view to the Eiffel Tower. You should try to get one.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Calaretu
Reviewed August 8, 2012

Very good place to stay for visiting Paris! Convenient location - short walk to Metro, safe location, and good local restaurants along the street with great price! Would recommend to anyone looking for a quality hotel with a budget!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Two staff members in particular are very pleasant & very helpful Mr. Isenay & Hugue ... I wish everyone in Paris are like these guys !! I will recomend this hotel if you are going to Paris ..
accesible to the metro ...

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Charles J
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel has a good location, it's from 5 minutes walking distance from the metro. In the same street there are several bistro's where you can have lunch or breakfast, a halal butcher is 2 minutes from the hotel away and a carrefour and supermarche is only 3 minutes walking. The room was pretty small but we could storage our bags and stuff. The room itself was very clean and clean towels every morning. Would not mind coming back since it was for our stay for Roland Garros. We did not have breakfast so cannot say much about that. Overall this was a pleasant stay at Ibis.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We had no complaints until our last day. I had taken a small travel towel with me (a microfiber towel from REI that is quick drying) and when I went to pack up my things, I found it was missing. It was about 11 pm when I discovered it was missing and immediately went downstairs to ask about it. I figure that it was probably scooped up with the laundry. The man at the night desk was not at all helpful; he said I should have reported it earlier. Apparently I was supposed to know it was missing and be back before the manager was gone. He said that the manager would not be in until 8 am and he could do nothing. We had a train to catch in the morning and were leaving at 7 am. Again, in the morning I asked a woman at the front desk for help. Again, she was no help. She said she could do nothing without a manager. Neither employee was apologetic or even attempted to try and find a solution. They just brushed it off as not their problem without so much as an apology. It's just a towel, but it was mine and I don't like finding my things missing. It left a very bad impression with me.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple