“Small bedrooms but very nice!”

Best Western Hotel Le Montparnasse
Ranked #1,317 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Paris
“Small bedrooms but very nice!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We spent one night and we were not disappointed at all. Being a very picky person, despite the fact the bedroom was small, it was spotless, very clean meaning no dust, no stains, no nothing disgusting and nicely decorated.
The staff is very welcoming. The hotel is perfectly located by the Tour Montparnasse meaning by the train station, the buses and metro lines.
One recommandation: book if you can a bedroom on the courtyard!

Room Tip: Pendre une chambre côté cour pour plus de calme
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank NickieParis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Not very impressed....

Booked through 'booking.com' to ask if it would be ok to drop our bags early (we got in at 9:15) as well as that I have an allergy to feathered bedding OVER A MONTH in advance. Staff were fairly helpful with leaving our bags but had no idea about us arriving that early. We amused ourselves until about 4pm (no problem at all) when we returned and checked-in.

The room was nice but unfortunately there was feathered bedding, which I had specifically requested against. My other half went down to see what could be done to be told that nothing could be done. I went down myself (now miffed!!) and she said that the special requests don't come through from booking.com which seemed a fairly silly process. She told me to wrap the bedding up in another sheet but anyone with allergies knows that this does not make any difference. I am not one to kick up a stink at all but her manner in being fairly hostile, unsympathetic and made me feel like I was making an extremely big deal about nothing wound me up. This is my first holiday since finishing university and to be paying over 100 euro's per night is a fairly big deal for me! She huffily came and collected the bedding and we were left with a decorative cushion for ONE pillow between the two of us and a sheet- I have uploaded picture (4 pillows and a duvet before). I have since contacted Best Western (with a poor apology only as reponse claiming that they cannot purchase 'special' bedding- find that hard to believe as a global company!!) as it put a downer on our first few hours and made for a fairly uncomfortable stay.

No true apology and this will be my first and last stay with Best Western due to the way customers are treated. Never normally leave comments but I feel quite strongly about this. It is a shame as the room and the location were actually pretty good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SLS641
Caroline J, Directeur général at Best Western Hotel Le Montparnasse, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
Dear Guest,
We always do our best to accommodate our guest but in this case we unfortunalty don't have any solution as we don't have special furniture.
Best regards.
Caroline.

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

Austin, Texas
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Upon arrival at 1pm, the lady at the desk said our room would not be ready until 2pm. So we went across the street to eat and came back at 2pm. The lady was unfriendly checking us in, and 3 other couples came back to check in. The lobby is so narrow, she became easily frustrated that we all were trying to check in at the same designated time. Next, the wi-fi was not working, and she made it seem like a huge hassle getting her to "fix" that. The Wi-Fi only works for 15 - 20 minutes before it logs you out and then you have to log in again, and again...

Our room was nice and clean, but the service is awful! The include breakfast is very small in variety, not worth to pay extra for. The location is very good, near metro stops, but I would find a different hotel next time. I did not feel that that this hotel was a good value at all.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Spunkidoo,
Many thanks for this review !
Please accept our apologize for not exceeding your expectations.
The check in time is for us a very important moment and we always try to welcom the guest carrefully.
If there is a lot of guest in the same time we try to make the procedure as quickly as possible as we don't want you waiting to much time.
Our lobby is not very large for 8 people (I agree) but enought large to bring you our full attention.
Best regards.
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My friend and I stayed two nights at this Best Western hotel. The experience was pretty disappointing; from dirty room to unhelpful staff.

To itemise:
1) our first point of contact with the staff was arriving around 10am after a full night of travel and asking if our room could be prioritised so that we could check in before 2pm. I've worked in a 4* hotel myself and the rule of thumb is to try and help a guest even if you have to move some pieces around to make it happen. No such luck here. Asking about it, we were told by young man at reception to come back at two and "maybe room is ready at two thirty". This was obviously unacceptable to us since the booking clearly states check in starts at two. Challenging the member of staff on this point, he finally conceded that we could maybe come back ten to two. Ok, so no help here.

2) having returned in the afternoon, we got into our room only to find it dirty and uninviting. I have attached photos to this review.
* the shower cubicle was filthy with horrible orange stains running along the sides of it and between the wall tiles.
* of the two drinking glasses left into our room one clearly had been used as it had a thick yellow residue at the bottom of it. It had just been turned around and left for us to reuse!
* on the wall, there was a large smudge of what I suspect at one point was some kind of bug.
* on the floor, there was an abundance of previous guest's nail
clippings!!
* even our toiletries looked grimy and smudged, inviting no willingness to use the soaps offered.
3) when we asked man at reception to get someone to hoover our room and give us clean glasses, he treated us as if we were asking for some massive additional favour. He did not apologise or say he was sorry the room was filthy. When we got back we found the nail clippings untouched, glasses untouched, but a couple of plastic mugs brought in.

All in all, I cannot recommend this hotel whatsoever - the location is convenient, but it's just not worth it. We slept two nights in a bed wondering if the sheets had been changed. Paris is lovely but you want to come back after a busy day and relax - not worry about dust and dirt causing your asthmatic friend to cough and sneeze.

Terrible, Best Western, absolutely terrible.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Rontti P
Caroline J, Directeur général at Best Western Hotel Le Montparnasse, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Rontti,
I am very disapointing reading your review and very surprised. If you have a look into all our reviews, you can read that my staff is very helpful with all the guest.
I don't know exatly what's happened but Of course please accept my apologize.
Maybe you spoke at arrival with my collegue who is a new boy at the reception and also a trainee very nice but a little stress so... I am sure he did not want to be rude with you.
Regarding the room, it is unacceptable for a Best Western Hôtel and I will resolve this problem very quickly.
If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.
Regards.
UK
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a few nights with my partner. It is in the heart of everything..there are many restaurants on your doorstep (italian, french, seafood, Indian) as well as bars (happy hours from 5.30pm until 7.30pm). There is also lots of shops just up the street including a department store with all french brands and designer brands (Ralph Lauren..Burberry...). Metro also a couple of minutes walk from hotel.
The staff were so friendly and helpful. The rooms are small but this is expected in Paris, each has a nespresso machine which is a nice touch. The breakfast was lovely, fresh coffee, breads, croissants, hams, cheeses, yoghurts, cereals etc..
I would defintely stay here again as it is in a great location to all major sites and good for having so many close restaurants for the evening if you didnt want to venture too far from hotel at night.

Room Tip: Possibly choose a room at the back of hotel as it can be noisy at front.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tinkerbell24
Durham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed here for four nights. The location was really good, a few minutes walk from the airport bus to CDG and the metro, and also within walking distance of the nice bars and restaurants of St Germain. Within about half an hour walk of Musee d'Orsay, the Louvre, Notre Dame, Jardins de Luxembourg.

The hotel staff were very friendly. The room was small but was clean and had everything we needed, including free wi fi. Main issues were the noise, particularly the trains passing underneath the hotel which you can feel, and also street noise. Our air con stopped working, we were told this was because it wasn't warm enough outside, but it did mean the room was very stuffy, or noisy because we had to keep the window open.

Overall, it wasn't a bad price for a Paris hotel and perfectly acceptable but probably better for a short stay.

Room Tip: If you can get a room at the back of the hotel it might be a bit quieter
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Norway
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We recently spent two nights at Best Western Montpasnasse and enjoyed it. Located in the heart of Montparnasse, close to the Gare de Montparnasse, Metro and Air France Coach service, this is at good choice for this part of Paris.
Rooms are well designed and elegant, bur rather small. Staff is friendly and helpful. Enjoyed it!

Room Tip: If you like, ask for a room at the back. Less noisy.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple