6:42 p.m. on the evening of Thursday, March 21, 2013. I had reserved and paid a roomat the Best Western Montparnasse for that night. At my arrival at the reception, the gentleman attending told me without giving me any explanation that my room is in the hotel next door because they had no available rooms at the Best Western. Before doing anything else I went to the hotel I was told to check it out. It turned out it was a 2 star hotel and not a 3 star. I felt cheated, they had sent me to another hotel of inferior category, with no explanation, for a room I had paid.
I immediately went back in the Montparnasse hotel Best Western because the service I paid it was a night in a three star hotel, the Best Western Montparnasse and not a two-star hotel. Once back at the reception, the treatment received by the gentleman taking care of it was absolutely deplorable. He literally told me I was annoying and he did not like my attitude. I certainly had an attitude of discontent after not receiving the service I had paid for, but never rude, inappropriate or impolite. To be told in such a situation that I was an annoying client is absolutely disrespectful.
I told him I'd pay a three star Best Western service and if that service wasn’t available, I had the right to go to a hotel with at least the same category, three stars. Again, at that moment he told me that he was not responsible and did not like my attitude. It was at that time he called the management of the hotel, you. At the end of the phone call with with the manager, he told me there were no hotels available, and I either did go the hotel next door or I canceled the paid reservation with the Best Western and on my own find another hotel for that night. What's worse, I had to deal with the refund from the travel website where I purchased the service.
At that moment I left the hotel with not an extra word and went to the hotel next door, humiliated, helpless and totally mad.
1. I paid for a room in the Best Western that I was never given
2. I was sent to a lower class hotel without any explanation
3. I was told that I was an annoying customer and received an inconceivable treatment from the person who was in the reception at the Best Western
4. Nobody apologized, nor the gentleman at the reception, neither you when you had the chance to do it over the phone
Once I had checked in at the other hotel, the receptionist received a call from your employee at the Best Western in which he offered me one free night hotel at the Best Western during my next visit to Paris. At that point it was too late, besides I don't often travel to Paris.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the Boulevard du Montparnasse, just a short walk from the Montparnasse TGV (high-speed train) station and the legendary Saint Germain des Pres, within a district bursting with history, discover the BEST WESTERN Hotel Le Montparnasse! At the Hotel, you can enjoy designer decoration and high-end services: individual air-conditioning, free Wifi throughout the hotel, soft quilts for a refreshing night's sleep. You will also find those "little extras": Espresso machine, I-podTM dock, 32" LED TV and safe. The bathrooms have relaxing "rain" showers, handy hairdryers and anti-steam mirrors to save time. The Hotel Le Montparnasse is a 5-minute walk from the Air France terminal, with direct links to the Roissy Charles de Gaulle and Orly airports. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Splitty, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, Fastbooking, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Hotel Le Montparnasse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Le Montparnasse Hotel Paris
- Montparnasse Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn Montparnasse
- Comfort Inn Paris
- Paris Comfort Inn