“Small, quaint hotel”

Eiffel Saint Charles
Ranked #324 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I recently spent a week at the St. Charles with friends. The staff was helpful and accommodating and all spoke excellent English. Though the room was small by American hotel standards, we were there only for sleeping so it was doable. A great little bakery and corner grocery within walking distance as is the Eiffel tower and metro. Very convenient place to stay.

Room Tip: Since it is on a quiet street, a room in the front gives you a nice view of the area.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank basgds
There are newer reviews for Eiffel Saint Charles

Reviewed August 4, 2013

If you're with someone for a romantic time, then this place is great! Who doesn't want to be comfortable, safe and near attractions? When I went to Paris I knew I wanted to be near the Eiffel Tower, but far enough away that I did not have to pay an arm and a leg-- figuratively speaking.

I speak French well so I knew I could have stayed anywhere and I would have been just fine, but my husband knows ZERO French so I had to pick a place that would accommodate us both. I chose the Eiffel Saint Charles mostly for the location. Later, I learned there were many more reasons to be happy that I chose this hotel. I would definitely stay again and recommend it to all my friends!

The Eiffel Saint Charles has great qualities such as the very generous staff, the efficient service and great rooms. One example of the staff's efforts was when our hotel room's air conditioner stopped working during one evening. It felt so wonderful outside that by opening the window we did not even need the air conditioner, but the next morning we decided to alert the staff of the problem as we were going out for the day. It was fixed by the time we returned. Another thing that is great is that there is always someone at the desk no matter how late or early you come in. The delicate room offers a haven for a good rest and I loved crawling into the VERY comfortable bed after a long day of seeing the sites. The rooms are simple, but comfortable. The bathroom might be small, but with as little time as is spent in the bathroom it was not that big of a deal for me or my husband.

You can sometimes hear some banging around in the halls, but this didn't bother me much. Not a deal breaker.

This hotel is close to a variety of foods with flavors and different styles of cooking that anyone can enjoy. There is a Monoprix a few streets away which is a nice store if you need some personal items.The hotel offers sodas in each room, but it is much cheaper to buy your own things and stock up the mini-fridge.

If you head straight out the door of the hotel on Rue Saint-Charles there is a decent little market on the right where you can pick out a daily baguette for under 1 Euro. Keep walking down the same road and you'll find metro line 6. You can see the top of the Eiffel Tower from certain angles-- this just built my excitement of actually getting to see it!

Turn right onto Boulevard de Grenelle and walk a few streets over until you see Bistro Dupleix which is a great place to people watch and I found the staff to be pleasant. Just to the right of that is the Dupleix metro stop which is a great place to get on/off at close to the hotel.

With so many comforts nearby, the Eiffel Saint Charles is a perfect, little home away from home!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jadorefrance777
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The staff have excellent customer service. The breakfast was wonderul. I was able to use wifi for my school work. The rooms are a bit small but the bathroom had beautiful marble. I stayed for 7 days and loved this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This was our first trip to Paris and how lucky were we to choose to stay at Hotel Eiffel Saint Charles. It is in a nice, quiet location, a 3 minute walk from the train station, 10 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower with lots of shops and restaurants in the near vicinity. The room was well serviced, it was typically small but quite adequate with a newly renovated bathroom. The highlight was the very welcoming, knowledgable and professional reception staff, who spoke English. Christophe the concierge, along with the other front of house staff were extremely helpful with local advice suggestions and bookings. Breakfast was adequate and fresh and consisted of an uncooked selection of pastries, toast, cereal, yoghurt, cheese and meats. A great place to stay when you are in Paris.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

Spent 6 days in a double bed room. Like many European hotels the room was small. However it was clean, included a TV, closet, small writing desk, a good-sized bathroom with shower, and a towel warmer. There was also air conditioning which helped a lot during the heat wave we experienced during our stay. The bed was reasonably comfortable and the room was in reasonably good shape. The best parts were the view of the Eiffel Tower from our window, the proximity to theTower, the Seine, and to 3 different Metro lines, plus the variety of dining establishments in the area. Breakfast was included in our room rate but was quite basic - cereal, pastries, yogurt, canned fruit, sliced meats and cheeses. Staff were mostly helpful and spoke English quite well. We had a problem with loud guests one night but learned the next morning that they were "definitely checking out" that morning. I think that was a diplomatic way of saying they were asked to leave. I would definitely stay again.

1  Thank Sylvia S
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Notice all the bad reviews are from 2011. Hotel is awesome now standard three star hotel. Rooms aren't big noting is in big cities like London Paris and New York. Staff is nice. Train stop is close. Bathroom is about a fourth the size of the room.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ryne C
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We enjoyed our stay into your hotel. The services en accommodations were perfect. Lovely room ( minibar, TV, Phone, nice bathroom, fine bed) and also a very good breakfast.
Very important : the hotel is in the near off a Metro-station.
The staff was very friendly.
If we ever come back to Paris, w'll visite EIFFEL SAINT CHARLES again.

greetings