“Love this hotel and staff!”

Eiffel Saint Charles
Ranked #348 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed June 16, 2011

This hotel was very clean, staff were extremely nice and helpful and spoke excellent English. Loved coming back to our room everyday to it being neat and tidy. The room is small but was fine for us as we just basically sleep and showered as we were out enjoying Paris. It was close to subway and attractions with easy access to get to other parts of Paris via subway. I would definately stay at this hotel again if I ever return to Paris. I understand this hotel is breaking to become independent to keep the same type service they provide. GREAT EXPERIENCE!

Room Tip: we used on line booking
  • Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank kathy2808

Reviewed June 13, 2011

The room was very light and bright. The staff were all absolutely charming and their positive and helpful attitude made my stay at this hotel a good experience. All three receptionists that I met smiled and were very welcoming.
As in the majority of hotels in Paris the room and the bathroom were small. I had paid for a double room and was given a twin. When I took this up with the receptionist she apologised and said that there were no other rooms available. I asked to speak to the manager but the receptionist was there on her own. I do not blame her but the Mercure booking system and will be taking the matter up with them.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank VictoriaDevon
Reviewed June 12, 2011

We stayed at the St. Charles for three nights. The neighborhood is great, close to many restaurants, shops and the Eiffel Tower. We arrived early--8:00am or so and they found us a room immediately. The staff were great as was the manager when we had a problem with our safe. He didn't act like we were stupid Americans. Very friendly and welcoming. The room was a bit small (as are most hotel rooms in Paris) but who stays in the room except to sleep? The windows open up fully so you can get a view of Paris street life, which we love. During the day the outside is a bit noisy, but it calms down in the evening and is quiet at night. We would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2011

Front desk was very helpful, especially in the day time. i was traveling with my mom and she needed to ice her leg at the end of the day. the hotel staff were very helpful in giving her what little ice they had. only complaint was that after leaving you need to give your key to the desk so they can great you when you return. great idea for customer service but when you came back to pick up the key they didn't ask for id or even the name and we rarely saw the same person that we gave the key to. didn't have any problems but the potential is there. but other than that the hotel was great. good location to 3 metro lines and in a quite part of town but still with in walking to shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: June 2011
A TripAdvisor Member
Clermont Ferrand
Reviewed June 8, 2011

I thouroughly enjoyed my stay at the Hotel, well placed, 10kms from Eiffel Tower, near to the Metro. Room was small but was nice and the staff was helpful and the breakfast was good too.

The bed was very comfortable to take a goodnight sleep !!

I will surely return for a second stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 7, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for a night in June 2011 and found the hotel to be clean, comfortable and stylish. It is well priced and centrally located - a 15 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower and a 5 minute walk to the nearest metro station at Dupleix. Having stayed in a Mercure hotel before in Paris I was reassured of the quality and standard, despite some negative reviews on trip advisor. My only advice for the hotel would be to have a hook on the wall to attach the shower to and a better hairdryer. Other than that we would stay here again and recommend it if you are looking for an affordable centrally located Paris hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple