“Loved the Ares! Great staff, and quiet location”
Review of Hotel Ares Paris

Hotel Ares Paris
Ranked #71 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed November 1, 2013

This was our first trip to Paris, and we were staying at 3 hotels on our 10 night trip to Paris. We picked this room as I saw that it had very good ratings on Trip Advisor, and was the 8th most romantic hotel in Paris. I loved the look of the rooms from the pictures on here and their website, and the real thing did not disappoint. We arrived early , around 11 am to check in. I didn't think a room would be ready, but the lady at the front desk was SO lovely and so helpful, she got us a room right away. The rooms are small, as are all rooms in Paris, so if you've been there you know, if you haven't research this. But I must say, these are the cutest rooms ever. They're very nicely decorated, and feel French, and romantic in a newer way. The bathroom was very new and nicely updated. We had a cute little balcony that overlooked the street.

The neighborhood is very quiet and nice. You feel very local staying here, and it's only a 10 minute walk to the Eiffel Tower. It is also very close to Metro station, so it is very convenient. I wish they had slightly bigger armoires, as we ended up just leaving everything in suitcases. That's my only wish. Otherwise, this was my favorite hotel we ended up staying at in Paris, as the staff was amazing. You can't beat the location is you want to experience a more local Paris where people live and work everyday, and it is convenient to get around. Loved it and we'll stay there again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hawky7
There are newer reviews for Hotel Ares Paris

Reviewed October 31, 2013

This hotel is tucked away in a quiet street yet close to metro and shops. The Eiffel tower is a 5 min walk and the kids wanted to go there every night to watch it sparkle on the hour. The hotel eating facilities is small but has everything. We though the breakfast was a little pricey so went to local cafe for a leisurely pain au chocolate instead. The staff are helpful and very friendly. The minibar is only 5 euros per day so well worth it. The metro line le montepiquette grenelle has three metro lines so you're sure to find a good connection. One line goes straight to etoile And champs et lysee so great for shop aholics. This is a great base to come back to. The rooms are not large especially for a family of 4 but then the little balcony and the parisien charm made up for it.

• Stayed: October 2013
5  Thank Pinkychocolate
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The location is fantastic as the hotel is based 5 minutes walk from the Eiffel Tower, so if you get lost you have a great marker to get you back. The rooms are very small but nice (not sure why you need a big room, you should be out exploring )and the shower was amazing, hairdryer in the room with good quality shower gel etc. The room has a mini bar in the room but no bar or restaurant in the hotel. The hotel does serve breakfast for an extra charge. Some really good restaurants literally around the corner though, so you won't go hungry.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Venus69
Reviewed October 29, 2013

As my 1st time in Paris with my mom and experiencing this boutique hotel, I was not disappointed at all. After reading all of the great reviews I had no worries. It was perfectly situated and in walking distance from nice restaurants and the Eiffel Tower and other attractions. The neighborhood was quiet and my mother and I felt at home. The staff was very nice and fluent in English, which I greatly appreciated. They were also helpful with directions and we did not get lost, Yay!. We stayed in the standard room, which was quaint and accommodating for us. The bathroom was beautiful and my mom was impressed:-) We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
11  Thank ReNee A
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We received a very warm welcome from Isabelle at the front desk, and throughout our stay the staff was always eager to be helpful. There's free Wi-Fi in the rooms as well as in the lobby, and you don't have to keep signing in: once you log into the system, you stay in until you check out, which is a real convenience. The room wasn't large (as usual in Paris) but it was perfectly quiet, and the air conditioning worked great. The bed was large and couldn't have been more comfortable. The bathroom was totally renovated, and the towels were excellent. The computer and printer in the lobby also worked great and can be used without charge. All in all, one of the nicer hotels we've stayed in in Paris. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rdm68
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We visited in October, 2013 and had upgraded from double to Superior room. (Upon check in, I presented my Expedia Elite card but it was immediately dismissed, it was almost laughable.)

Beautifully decorated small boutique hotel and rooms, however, this was the smallest room we’ve stayed at while visiting Paris. No view of the Eiffel Tower from the 4th floor (@ $335.00 per night for superior.) The toilet was in what appeared to be a small closet (no sink or bidet). Next to the toilet ‘room’ was a small closet. The closet was so small that our door wouldn’t close (hangers stuck out – didn’t have enough space to hang much of our clothes.) The bathroom was next to the closet. It was comfortable and beautifully decorated. Hotel offered free Wi-Fi.

Bed and sheets were quite comfortable. However, I would not recommend this hotel for anyone on vacation and/or someone who needs to rest or sleep in. The walls are paper thin. We heard EVERYTHING –every text, phone call, neighboring room conversations, chairs dragging on wood floors above, below and/or next to us, children playing outside (must be a school nearby.) We had a house keeping linen closet next to our room (46), we could hear the clanking of hangers and drawers closing (very frustrating when jet lagged.)

Bed slippers and first class toiletries offered, although - no robe. My only request from the front desk was for wash cloths. I was told that ‘they don’t use those things in Paris’ (not a necessary comment especially from an international hotel) but we ultimately did receive our cloths.

Climate control was out of our control. Although we had a thermostat, our friends called down to ask about the air conditioning and were told that the hotel didn’t offer air conditioning, it was ‘winter.’ I think the hotel shuts down the units at night despite your setting – there was undoubtedly no air circulation during the night.

Hotel is walking distance to Eiffel Tower, Metro very close by for Louvre etc. Not easy to hail a taxi and/or for taxi’s to locate the hotel, it’s sort of off the beaten track. The local scenery wasn’t the typical Parisian landscape I know and love – walking to and from our hotel wasn’t awe inspiring like some of our previous hotels.

No door man or assistance with luggage. This is typically fine with me, however, on every floor, there are a few small spiraling steps before the elevator. You need to navigate your luggage up the steps, into a small elevator.

Room Tip: Ask to stay away from hallway linen closet. General tip all Paris hotels should share - Louvre is c...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Giag21
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I recently spent 2 nights at Ares Eiffel hotel and was very satisfied with the hotel. The rooms are small, but comfortable. The rooms are quite lovely and the bathroom spacious and the amenities were top notch. The staff during the day was very, very helpful offering suggestions for dinner and directions. The hotel itself is in a good location with many bistros and the Eiffel tower within walking distance. It is also very close to the metro. However, it is tucked back on a small street and taxis do not always know how to get there. In fact, something that I didn't know is that the taxis start the meter from their original location, so if you have the front desk call for a taxi, they will start charging long before they pick you up! I even had to pay while he was riding around looking for the hotel... We didn't purchase breakfast as there are several bistros close by and believe that they were a better value. I had read the reviews on Trip Advisor before booking and glad that I stayed there. As others have said, the price is not cheap, but nothing is in Paris :-) I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family