“Perfect boutique”
Review of Hotel Ares Paris

Hotel Ares Paris
Ranked #72 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We recently stayed at this charming hotel for four days. The hotel is on a quiet side street a block away from the metro and many restaurants, and less than a 10 minute walk from the Seine and the Eiffel Tower.

The rooms are modern and well thought out, with free, fast, wifi and great air conditioning. They are a typical size for Europe hotels, if a bit small by US standards. The beds are very comfortable.

The staff was pleasant at all times and helpful whenever we asked. In fact, the owner approached me one morning, introduced himself and asked if there was anything he could do to improve my stay.

We'll be staying here on our next visit.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Neil G

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Staff very friendly, updated rooms and good size room. The rooms and lobby are kept very clean bed was in good shape. Did feel the price was high, but after looking at hotel prices it seems to be the trend in Paris. The staff had good recommendations for restaurants.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This was a splendid hotel not far from the Eiffel Tower. It was an easy walk from most locations and just around the corner from several cafes and the metro. Most importantly was the staff. The hotel staff were friendly and quickly got to know our names. They always greeted us as if we were long lost friends and helped make our stay something magical. The rooms were always clean and tidy for us when we returned from our daily outings and the price was good compared to other hotels in the area. I give it 5 out of 5 stars.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The Hotel Ares Eiffel was a great choice for our stay that included business in La Defense area as well as tourism. We made it our headquarters for our 4 night stay on the western side of Paris. Located on the left bank, it is just steps away from several cool cafes in the LaMotte Piquet neighborhood, the Eiffel Tower, and Napoleon's Tomb. There is also a Metro stop nearby, as well. Be sure to check out the farmers market on Sunday morning set up along Grenelle Blvd to see the fromage, the fish mongers, and the fresh baked goods, meats, and veggies. Yum! This hotel is in more of a Parisian residential area. No ticky tacky souvenir shops here. The hotel was comfortable with a classic winding staircase in the event you wanted to skip the elevator. Our executive room was spacious with a large, modern bath that included a walk-in rain shower as well as a soaking tub, with Hermes toiletries. A casement window opened out to the interior courtyard. There was a bit of air but absolutely no view from this 2nd floor interior room. But as it turned out, it rained quite a bit and we also slept in one day to noon due to jet lag. This was a very cozy, quiet room for that purpose. We really slept well, very cool and quiet. Staff were polite and spoke decent English but were not what we would consider friendly. They were more than ready to assist when needed, especially when taxis were required.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed for a week this month and could not have had a better experience. The hotel was spotless. We had an executive room for one adult and two kids and had more than enough space in the generously sized room. From the moment we arrived, each person we encountered was extremely pleasant and helpful. The hotel seemed to have been recently renovated and the bathrooms were gorgeous! The staff was helpful in every way. They gave us directions whenever we needed and suggestions on local events that we would otherwise have not been aware of. One afternoon in a terrible thunderstorm, my son lost his phone and I went out looking for it. Unknown to me, the front desk person came out after I left the hotel and on my way back I found her looking for the phone in a complete downpour. I really cannot say enough about this hotel and after only one visit, we will ONLY stay here when we visit Paris again!

Room Tip: If size is your concern, I would definitely recommend the executive room. I did not see other size...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Susan0101
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Perfect location, only 10 minute walk to the eiffel, around the block from all major streets with every type of store, shops, restaurants, metro and the all important monoprix (that's a super Walmart to those in the USA). The rooms are good sized and the staff is warm and wonderful. They do have a breakfast buffet but we chose to walk the one short block and have our expresso on the sidewalks of paris. Free wifi, fitness center too. Loved it here.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Fran S
Reviewed June 27, 2013

I adore this hotel. It's truly a treasure -- my room was so beautifully appointed and the light streaming through was delightful. The walls were pretty thick because I didn't hear anything while relaxing in the room. My choice to stay at Hotel Ares was based on TripAdvisor traveler reviews because I knew I'd be stopping through Paris on my way home from the Middle East and a holiday in the Maldives. I wanted a hotel that could stand up to the luxury of Abu Dhabi, the serenity of a resort in the Indian Ocean. I'd been to Paris twice before and stayed in different sections of the city both times. While those were nice places, I wanted a hotel that could wow me and can say with confidence that Hotel Ares caused me to declare victory because of its sumptuousness and uniqueness.

The location can't be beat...even on a bad day! What's nice about Hotel Ares is that it's not on a main thoroughfare. It's about 1-1/2 blocks removed so you felt like you were in a quaint neighborhood but in a matter of a few minutes you were right in the middle of a fabulous shopping district. And if you're addicted to Sbux like I am, you're in luck because one is a block away.

Wear comfortable shoes if you want to strike out from the hotel on foot to see a lot more of Paris. Although it's billed as being close to the Eiffel Tower it's not exactly around the corner. I took a really nice stroll past the Eiffel Tower and down along the Seine wearing low heeled boots; by the end of the day, and after walking the Jardin Luxemborg, I was pining for more comfortable shoes.

I'll let the photos I took in the room speak for themselves. Needless to say, I recommend it highly and plan to rebook.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo