“French Style with an Italian Influence”
Review of Hotel Ares Paris

Hotel Ares Paris
Ranked #71 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We spent fours nights here, our third trip to Paris, and made the selection with Trip-advisor's guidance. Once you work out the Italian connection (the bathroom tile is only part of the story) you will understand this hotel a little better. I'm inclined to relate it to a Ferrari, superb style and function but a little short in practicality. I don't say that to indicate dissatisfaction just to explain some of the minor irritants some previous reviewers have identified. It's not as expensive as a Ferrari but it isn't cheap at €222 per night for a "superior room". Make your own decision on breakfast but on dark, cold and wet mornings I thought the €18 was well worth it and I also enjoyed chatting to some fellow guests and getting their impressions and guidance on a number of tourist interests. So what are the impracticalities? Tight on space with nowhere to put your bags except on the limited floor space or the bed (and you don't want it there when you're sleeping!). Minimal hanging space and not a drawer in sight. Two wash basins but little space to tuck away your bathroom stuff. A narrow desk that quickly became very cluttered and when my wife sat at the MAC to do her journal the only way to get across the room was over the bed. Ten lights in the room but my wife still had to use a torch to read at the desk. The shower over the high sided bath, a challenge for those aged folk like us. Now, notwithstanding that this reads like a list of negatives we thought it was all worth it for the style, the friendliness, the sleep comfort, the lack of noise, the location and the breakfast. Just be aware that it isn't perfect and like a lot of Italian products you sacrifice a little in practicality in the name of grace and style. (Is that a French trait as well?) In any case we weren't disappointed and I don't think you will be either if you choose this hotel. If any of the above really puts you off keep looking.

Room Tip: I think given the size of the rooms consider spending a bit more on an upgrade.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GKSWanderlust
There are newer reviews for Hotel Ares Paris

Reviewed January 12, 2013

Booked, again, on TA reviews, and again, weren't disappointed. The hotel is central to The Eiffel Tower in a fairly quiet area. The room was small but beautifully decorated with full length windows which opened onto a minute balcony! The staff were so helpful and couldn't do enough for us.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JoanneFisher
Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is beautiful! The decor is stunning and different. A real luxury boutique feel.

As for the staff, they are wonderful too. I emailed them prior to my stay requesting a corner room with a double bed. All my requests were met.

The area is beautiful and so close to the Eiffel Tower however it is a 15 min or so taxi journey to say Colette :) Nevertheless, it's worth it!

Highly recommended!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank MissOnlyTheBest
Reviewed January 6, 2013

My family stayed here in two classic double rooms for the first four nights of the new year, and we were very pleased. The only negative that I could find is that the rooms were small, but they were decorated beautifully and were very sleek and modern. The Hermes toiletries were a nice touch. The location is excellent, close to both the Eiffel Tower and the Metro. The hotel recommended several good restaurants in the vicinity, and we were not disappointed. The service was very good - Juliane in particular was both very helpful and very pleasant. We'd definitely stay here again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ClevelandOhioTim
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for a couple of nights after Christmas, and fell in love with the hotel. Upon arrival the staff were extremely friendly, Julianne offered us excellent restaurant recommendations in the local area. The owner was also more than happy to carry all our bags up to the room for us which was really lovely after a long day of driving to Paris! The neighbourhood where the Hotel was situated was perfect! 2mins from the metro station which got to all the sights extremely quickly, less than 10min walk to the Eiffel tower, surrounded by wonderful cafes and shops, with a stunning florist on the corner. The room was decorated to perfection, with extremely comfortable beds and great wardrobe space. The bathrooms were very modern with luxurious products to match. We had such a pleasant stay, we fell in love with the city, and the fact we stayed as a family in such a glorious hotel really helped us have a magical end to 2012. Could not recommend more highly - stay at the Ares Eiffel!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2013

We arrived on boxing day tired after a day spent driving and from the moment we entered the staff made us feel extremely welcoming. We stayed for 3 nights and received excellent restaurant recommendations from Julianne the receptionist. The owner of the hotel carried our luggage upstairs swiftly and was very personable throughout our stay. The location could not be better, combining the attraction of the Eiffel tower (less than 10 min walk) and a quintessentially parisian neighbourhood with many stunning patisseries and florists. On top of this exploring Paris was simple with the metro only 200m from the hotel. The room was impeccable, with a fabulous showroom. We all slept very peacefully at night. If you are considering a short break in Paris I could not recommend this hotel more highly. Hopefully we shall be back soon!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel and had zero issues for the 2 nights I stayed there on Dec 17-19, 2012. As others have said, its not cheap @$270/night but given the location in Paris which is only 5-6 minutes walk from the Eiffel tower, the price was well worth it. Dumpy hotels in prime locations in New York city will cost you as much. The hotel has room service and a gym membership next door which can be used by guests. neither of which I realized which would only have enhanced my stay.

I choose a superior room after seeing comments on trip advisor of small room sizes and I was happy with that. A couple might step over each other a bit even in the superior room but lets face it, if you're in your room a lot, what are you doing in Paris?? The bed was extremely comfortable, lovely rainfall shower and the bathroom was designer quality.

I didn't take advantage of the hotel breakfast for 18 euro because there are lots of locations in the immediate area to get breakfast cheaper. The mini bar is sparse but for a total of 5 euros for everything in the mini bar, its very difficult to complain. Metro is also just around the corner. Really a perfect location for seeing Paris.

All in all, if I go to Paris again, I'll be staying here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo