I booked a room with a double bed and told them it was for a first anniversary break. When we arrived at the hotel we noticed they had changed our room from the 9th floor to the 3rd floor. This room had 2 single beds pushed together, with separate bedding. I complained at the reception desk and was told numerous times that this is what they call a double room. I pointed out that the pictures online are of a double bed. After much arguing they told me they had 1 room but that it was a disabled room. I took this very reluctantly. That was not how I wanted to spend an anniversary break. The room had no bath and the paint on the walls was all scuffed. There was 1 complimentary bottle of water between 2 of us and this was not replenished on the second day.
A friend left an envelope behind the desk for me which the receptionist took away and opened before resealing and giving it to me. She told me I did not need a city map because there was one in the envelope. I don't believe she should be opening private mail left for me at reception.
The walls of the room were paper thin so we did hear a lot of noise from people talking in the corridor and occasional noise from the next room.
The hotel itself was very pricey, though I do accept this slightly because of the location.
Finally, the room was supplied with paper cups and a couple of very old looking UHT milks. I used a tea bag on the first night which was not replenished the next day. Paper cups in a 4* hotel is really not what I would expect.
On a positive note, the hotel is in a great location, 5 minutes from the nearest metro and from the Eiffel Tower.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A few steps from the Eiffel Tower and the Trocadero, the Mercure Paris Centre Tour Eiffel is a 4 star hotel to discover, in the center of Paris. Completely renovated, the hotel offers contemporary and functional rooms with free WIFI. For a business trip, family or a romantic weekend in Paris, the hotel offers standard rooms, Privileges rooms and Junior Suites, some with views of the Eiffel Tower. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, ACCOR, Priceline, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Mercure Paris Centre Eiffel Tower Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Paris Suffren Tour Eiffel Hotel Paris
- Mercure Tour Eiffel Suffren