“Not so much for the price”

Mercure Paris Centre Eiffel Tower Hotel
Ranked #559 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I hope I wasn't so unlucky that everything that could have gone wrong in this hotel, happened to me. Also, I do travel a lot for work and I could say that I am a seasoned traveler, so I have my share of good and bad experience when it comes to hotel.
First of all, the shower head was broken and it took 3 calls and 2 visits to get it running properly (on the second day of course).
The non-smoking room smelled horribly like cigarette.
The linen was cheap and uncomfortable.
That's for now.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
MercureCtrTourEiffel, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Centre Eiffel Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Iggy_in_Chile,

First to all I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experience.
Your stay in with us did not meet your expectations and you have highlighted certain issues regarding the services that we provided.

Please allow me to say how sorry I am that we did not meet your expectations.

I consider such matters to be extremely important, your comments have therefore been shared with my team and together we are working on solving these issues so that our service will no longer disappoint in this area.

I do hope that, despite these issues, we will be able to welcome you again as a client of Mercure

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The room was a bit tiny, but then again, this is Paris, but for the upgraded price of a Privilege Room in the upper floors, I imagined it would have been a bit bigger, but oh well. Breakfast was not included in the rate, but there are places nearby you could go to. We celebrated our vow renewal at the Eiffel Tower, we even informed the hotel by email prior to arriving and they offered us NOTHING. Not even champagne. (They even saw us the lobby in our beautiful wedding attire with our photographers and everything.) In fact, they charged us extra so we get a view of the Eiffel Tower from our room. Also, we used their lobby computer to view our official photos from the ceremony and our CD got stuck. Thank goodness we had a second CD! Overall stay was just OK.

Room Tip: You have to pay extra for the Eiffel Tower view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Juliegirl888,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Paris Centre Tour Eiffel.

I thank you for your valuable feedback and very much regret the lack of service attention you encountered during your recent stay.

This incident does not reflect the service quality we are able to deliver.
I sincerely wish to have the opportunity to welcome you back and provide you with a totally new and improved experience.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

When asking for iron , I wait for 24 hours.
Even worse is that I don't have clean bath room towel after sighting seeing .
Then called up house keeping , and also front desk reception.
No news after 45 minutes and no body shown up . Final solution is to dialed up their 1010 24 hours hot line and requested them to visit my room. They refused to come and shown their careless mistakes. Just keep asking me what is the reason for dialing. I thrown them my experience with house keeping and front desk . They sent me new towel at last .
I wrote my bd experience to their managing director, but just answered by another one who represents to answer my complain. But still deny this is not usual .
So, my feel is no special follow up, no apologize from their heart, no compensation.
I plan to report to their head quarter.
My final commend is just do not choose this hotel when travel to Paris.

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
MercureCtrTourEiffel, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Centre Eiffel Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Dear Ben T,

Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions about your stay at Mercure Paris Centre Tour Eiffel.

We are very sorry for your unfortunate experience.

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly (h2175-se@accor.com) so that we can discuss this matter further in details.

We would be delighted to welcome you back at our hotel and will do our best to make your next stay memorable.

Laurent Mauguit, General Manager.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Loved this hotel!!! You walk out the front door and the Eiffel tower is in view only a couple of minutes walk away. Apart from the fact it so amazing to be that close it was also an advantage with transport...everyone wants to get to the Eiffel Tower so all the buses, trains etc were handy. The staff were friendly & helpful, rooms clean & comfortable. We had breakfast included in our price and it was great, lovely food helpful staff & a lovely dining area looking out to the garden. Would definitely stay here again & recommend to friends.

Room Tip: Don't know if it would be worth paying for a view as the Pullman hotel is between this one &...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear jende05,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your impressions.
I shared your compliments with our entire team
We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your overall experience at our hotel.
Your feedback means a lot to us as your satisfaction is our priority.
We already look forward to welcoming you back at our hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel location is almost literally within a stonethrow to the Eiffel Tower. It looked very close, although in reality it's about 5-minute walk.

When we arrived around 9am, we were told that the room was not ready, which was normal. So we left our luggage at the store room and went to walk around Eiffel. However, when we arrived back at 1pm, the staff at the front desk did not know who we were even though he checked the computer for a while. It happened that at that moment the morning staff walked past, so I said "I was served by this gentleman, please ask him". The front desk staff immediately retorted: "You do not like talking to me?!". I was astounded by the rudeness but was not in a mood to create a scene.

The room and bathroom were clean.

All in all, if you can ignore the rudeness, it's an excellent hotel. Good location, reasonable price.

Room Tip: Try to ask for the room facing the Eiffel Tower.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear quefactor,

Be sure, we have shared your comments with the Front Office Manager. We attach great importance to the quality of service and satisfaction of our guests; therefore your feedback is essential to us.

We appreciate you sharing your concerns and hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Mercure Paris Centre Tour Eiffel in August. We were on vacation. The hotel is centrally located about a 5 min walk to the Bir-Hakeim metro and 2 mins walk to the Eiffel tower. It is very near to good restaurants and a dry cleaning service as well. We had a meal one night in the restaurant as we were tired from a day of sight seeing. The food was good and reasonably priced. Rooms were very good ....clean and tidy and everything worked. Staff were friendly and helpful when asked for directions. Good experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
MercureCtrTourEiffel, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Centre Eiffel Tower Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Joenz7,

We would like to thank you for your kind and enthusiastic comment about our hotel.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms as well as the service of our team.

Your comments are precious as they allow us to continuously improve our level of service.

Thank you again and we do hope to welcome you back soon at the hotel Mercure Paris Centre Tour Eiffel.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Most friendly and professional members of staffs.we couldn't asked for anything more for my birthday.location amazing.Close to the metro and the best seafood resturant in Paris.In every section or area of this hotel staffs are exceptional.

Room Tip: Special occasion
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 828Patricia

Dear 828Patricia,

On behalf of the entire team of Mercure Paris Centre Tour Eiffel, I would like to thank you for sharing your impressions about our hotel.

It is a real pleasure and an encouragement to receive such compliments.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in Paris.