Booked to stay at this hotel for my 40th birthday. As many friends of mine were coming from both the UK and Luxembourg it was important to have a centralised hotel, with good amenities and an acceptable price.
Indeed the price was great considering the location - 5m from a train station and 15 minutes walk from Effiel Tower.
The down sides were the arrangements, I specifically asked for connecting rooms months in advance and was told there would be no problem, but upon arrival it seems they were unable to provide with the connecting rooms. In addition I had mentioned if they could not do connecting rooms they should arrange to have all our rooms together... again this request was not full filled.
The most annoying issue was checking in, they did not manage to understand that some of the group would arrive on the Fri and the rest on the Sat and that some of the group would leave on the Sun and others on the Monday. Yes it might seem a little confusing but honestly I spent a lot of time in advance to clearly document this in advance for them.... it still didnt help - so their organisational skills were not exactly appreciated.
In additon the hairdryer in one of the bathrooms stopped working on the day of arrival and they were unable to simply go to the shops and buy a replacement hair dryer. Instead they offered us another room - on another floor.... so definitely not fitting with my original requests to be together.
As a final result we had to use the hairdryer of the room next door but it took a lot of convincing before they would leave the connecting door open for us (fyi the room was empty!) thus we spent a lot of wasted time trying to get access to a hairdryer without having to move our luggage!. I was not impressed with their proposed solutions to such an easy issue to solve.
Breakfast - this was ok on the first day... however it seems they do not get fresh deliveries over the weekend as the fruit quality, and bread availability deteriorated significantly - this was un-acceptable considering the price we had paid for breakfast in advance!.
And lastly if you want a room on the front so you have a view of the road... great if you like noise! On Sunday mornings there is a market that starts setting up at 06.00am! and believe me they are definitiely NOT the quietest of people. In addition you cannot leave the window open on Fri or Sat nights due to the noise coming from the neighbouring small bar (with only locals in it may i add so not even drunk tourists)
So all in all - great location but not what was expected for such a special weekend.
Very disappointing and for sure I will never use this hotel again
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 4 star hotel offers a prestigious and traditional setting as well as the advantages you would expect from a top hotel located in the heart of Paris, steps away from the Eiffel Tower. Fitness & sauna. Private indoor car-park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, ACCOR, Orbitz, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mercure Paris Tour Eiffel Grenelle Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Paris Tour Eiffel Grenelle Hotel Paris
- Accor Paris Tour Eiffel Grenelle