“A Weekend in Paris”

Ranked #1,161 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Stockport, England
“A Weekend in Paris”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

This hotel is very conveniently placed for the Metro - it is right outside Dupleix station. I was a bit concerned by this as Dupleix is an overground station & I thought there may be some noise. We were at the back of the hotel on the 3rd floor & heard absolutely nothing - which is why I only woke up at 9.30am! oops.
The check in was easy & the receptionist spoke fairly good English.
As others have said, the rooms aren't huge, but it's not a new building. The room was plenty big enough with a good size bathroom (bit of renovation needed on the floor tiles, a couple were cracked)
The hotel has free wifi in the bedrooms.
We didn't eat breakfast in the hotel because it was 19 Euros,which we thought was pricey. So we went all of 20 metres next door to the Dernier Metro for either a 6.50 or 9.50 Euro breakfast.
Because of the hotel's proximity to the metro, we bought a 2 day pass which included our train trip back to the airport and found that good value.
We'd use the hotel again for a weekend break. It was warm, comfortable, clean and in a really good location

Room Tip: Absolutely no train noise from the Metro at the back of the hotel
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank salski1380

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Holland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

Overall very good for centre of Paris. Decent size hotel room for Paris.
Staff very helpful and friendly. However, quality of room service food in the evening (what was supposed to be fresh pasta dish was presented in a plastic pot like takeaway pasta - not what I would pay 14 euros for normally)- and the scrambled eggs at breakfast questionable.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank HCMHolland
Geneva, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2011

We stayed in Hotel Mercure two weeks before for our marriage anniversary. It's not our first visit to Paris, but first time we stayed in hotel Mercure. Excellent hotel in prime location.. just 5 minutes walk to Eiffel tower. Well connected with all the locations by walk / bus / metros. Hotel was very neat and clean. Friendly staff's. Break fast cannot be well appreciated. But the staff's are very friendly.. luckily we got the room with Eiffel tower view.. amazing stay cannot be forgotten so easily.. I strongly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: we stayed in 6th floor.. luckily we got the Eiffel tower view from the room!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RamRV
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

Got a deal on this hotel (under half standard price - as a secret hotel from a website that specializes in last minute deals). The room was normal to larger than normal size for Paris (for all those who have not been to Paris the average hotel room is very small).

The room itself had all the standard facilities, a really nice shower. The bed was comfortable and myself and my wife slept well. The staff were helpful. Complementary soft drinks and water in the room were very nice.

Very close to the RER line B which you can take out to Versailles, and there is a lovely walk along the Seine from there (past the Musée D'Orsay and the L'Ouvre to Notre Dame).

Was it perfect, no. Pricey - most of Paris is, and it was not too bad. Lots of character - no it doesn't, but the location more than makes up for it. However a large chain hotel in Paris is usually consistent and better. Would I recommend staying here, yes if you get a good deal.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

Opposite the metro and if you stay on the Grenelle side you get a view over the rooftop of the Eiffel tower. Love the view. The bed is good, room is small. Glad I was on my own. My room phone didn't work and the staff weren't too helpful. The place looks a little run down but is functional. Stayed there on business and it was fine but not cheap. Recommend going next door for breakfast it's cheaper and has more ambiance.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

I booked this Hotel because of a shuttle service to Hotel. When I got to the airport I was told that your hotel does not offer a shuttle. I asked them to look up the hotel number so I can call them directly. When I called directly, the AM staff indicated that you do not offer a shuttle. After I got over being very upset and feeling abandoned, I finally found a taxi to drive me. I ended up paying an exuberant amount of Euro's for the taxi ride. I was VERY disappointed, since I was expecting to have a shuttle service. I talked to the PM staff to find out how I can get back to airport next day. He indicated a taxi. I mentioned the shuttle service, then he said "oh yes we have shuttle and it is 27 Euro's". I thought I was included in the price of the hotel, but at this point I just wanted to be assured a set price back to airport. I told the evening staff about how the AM staff was not aware of shuttle and how I had to get a taxi ride here and pay a lot of money for it and he did not acknowledge what I was saying at all. NO apology was provided. So, I booked the shuttle for 6:00 PM the next day. And at the same time I asked for a 7:00 am wake up call. The next morning I was woken up at 6:00 AM to tell me my shuttle was here. After I argued with the AM staff she hung up. Also, I did not receive a wake up call at 7:00 am. Needless to say at this point I had NO confidence in the hotel. Since, I was woken up at 6:00 am for my shuttle, I checked with the AM staff to ensure that the shuttle would definitely be here at 6:00 pm to pick me up. After politely asking the staff the call and confirm my appointment, the AM staff blew me off. I then insisted that a call be made to the service place and confirm my reservation. Because at this point, I had NO confidence in this Hotel and its staff or the services they offer. After my experience with this Hotel, I will have to say I will NOT recommend this Hotel to any of my coworkers for future travel.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

Hotel accomodations were good, staff particularly at night unresponsive to help and did not repond to calls to front desk. The attendant was too busy watching TV. On two occasions i had to get dressed and go down from the 5th floor to get his attentiion! Day time staff was slow to respond to request for bar service and wasnt interested in helping

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple