“Good hotel ”

Ibis Paris Gare du Nord Chateau Landon
Ranked #962 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
“Good hotel ”
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was in a great location and close to a few metro stations especially gare du nord. The breakfast wasn't too bad, the staff at the desk are helpful and the rooms weren't too bad except that the air con is terrible. The food from the restaurant is pre packaged and heated in a microwave and the cost is quite pricey for what you get.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ant3420

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fergus, Canada
Reviewed June 15, 2014

This hotel almost ruined my tour through Europe. My partner and I stayed at this hotel from May 27th to May 31st. Check in was smooth and I was assigned a room on the 4th or 5th floor (I don't remember exactly). I opened the door and saw the ugliest room I've ever seen in my entire life. I didn't look like a 3 star room. Not even a hostel room. I had requested a double bed and got two single beds. The room was tiny even with only two single beds. I went to the reception and asked if they had a double bed. I had to wait 10 minutes and got a new room. This one on the second floor. It was better than the first room but still the worst room I've ever stayed in. I was considering booking another room at a different hotel but it was very expensive because it was last minute and I would've lost the money I paid for 4 nights at this Ibis "hotel". I decided to stay and here's what I have to say:
I didn't have a wall adapter and asked if they had one. Of course they did but I had to give them a 20 Euro deposit which was ridiculous (Never had to leave a deposit at the other 4 hotels I stayed during my trip). The guy who was very rude printed a receipt for the record but he didn't give me a copy (I thought I didn't need one). When I checked out and gave the adapter back, they didn't want to give me my deposit back. They said that there was no record of my deposit. Finally after some time they found the record and gave me my deposit back.
The room: It was very small. The bed was soft and surprisingly comfy (only positive thing about the hotel and the room).There were two visible dried blood stains on the wall below the window. That would be the first thing you'd see when entering the room. There were also smoke stains on the wall around the ventilation system. The bathroom was too small. The shower wasn't big enough for me (I'm 5'7 weighing 140lb). I would hit the walls and the shower knobs with my elbows. The hot water would get freezing cold suddenly and then hot again constantly for some reason. We had to use a towel every time we showered because the water from the shower leaked onto the bathroom floor. There was mold all over the ceiling. The panel below the bathroom window had yellow stains (see picture).
The staff: They were rude for the most part and were not customer oriented. The cleaning staff were the worst. Our room didn't have the "do not disturb" sign you hang on the door. I don't think any room had it. I didn't see one anywhere. The cleaning lady would knock on the door around 10am when we were sleeping (we were jet lagged). We wouldn't open the door and she would leave. Everything is fine to this point. Then, a couple of minutes later, she would try again for a longer period of time, and then again. We even got a phone call from the reception!! Come on!! The cleaning lady would try until I had to open the door and let her know that I didn't need her to clean the room. That happened every day.
Location: The area is very sketchy. All the attractions are far if you're planning to walk. If you do so, be prepared to walk through some bad neighbourhoods.
In conclusion, this has been the worst experience I've ever had with a hotel (I thought I had my worst experience when I went to L.A.). I will never consider Ibis or any of its hotels for my future stays anywhere in the world. I would've spent more money if I had known how bad this hotel was. Money wasn't an issue but I decided to book this hotel after researching hotels and reviews because in my opinion Paris is overrated and hotels in Paris are overpriced. Hotel star rating in Europe, Paris in this specific case, is definitely not the same as in North America.
Spend a little more money and find a better hotel. I DO NOT recommend this hotel!!! Nor does my partner!

Room Tip: Best tip I could give. Don't stay at this hotel.
1 Thank Camilo A

Travelers are raving about these Paris hotels

West Yorkshire
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in late May. The hotel staff were very pleasant, and spoke excellent English. The hotel is just a few minutes walk from the Gare Du Nord railway station for Eurostar and CDG airport, making it an ideaql location. it is also just 100 metres from the nearest metro station which is then just a few stops from the "attractions" of Paris.
The location couldn't have been better and is quiet too. The rooms are fairly spacious for a city centre hotel, and are cleaned daily. We decided against choosing the breakfast buffet option, after all, we were in PARIS! Eat out!
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a few nights in a beautiful city

1 Thank Suddabmp01
Cologne, Germany
Reviewed June 4, 2014

The hotel is located just five minutes away from Gare du Nord and therefore ideal for travellers using Eurostar or Thalys train services. The room was quite small but in a town like Paris you´ll never spend more time in your room than necessary. Around the hotel are a lot of affordable restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Good location to Gare du Nord station. Staff very helpful. Breakfast buffet is plentiful and good quality. Only concern was no air conditioning in room so to cool room we had to open window. But this would not stop us from staying again

Review collected in partnership with Ibis Hotels