“Paris October 2013”

Ibis Paris Gare du Nord Chateau Landon
Ranked #872 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed October 28, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
3  Thank Paul B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,073)

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks ago at the start of a trip to Germany. I arrived at Paris Gare du Nord station by Eurostar and was traveling on the following morning to Stuttgart by train service departing from the Gare d'Le Est. Therefore the location of this hotel being just a few minutes walk from each station meant it was extremely convenient.
All in all I can say this hotel is exactly as you would expect from the Ibis chain. My room was clean and presentable but certainly compact. It was absolutely fine for a one night stay as a temporary halt during a traveling trip but I wouldn't want to stay in such a room for any extended length of time. The bed was comfortable and bathroom facilities were all good.
I actually had a rather nice view from the window in my room looking back down the road I had walked up from the Gare du Nord and if I craned my head round to the right I could actually see just the top of the Sacre Coeur in the distance.
I didn't use much of the facilities of the hotel. In the evening I sat down in the foyer and had a beer purchased from the bar and used the wi-fi facility which worked fine. They do offer a breakfast but as I was due to catch an early train I did not have time to avail myself of this.
So all in all a good “travelers” hotel but not one to stay put in for any great length of time.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank Cameramankeith
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I stayed here for 8 nights, and it was perfect. I was traveling for a class so we stayed even busier than your average tourists in Paris. I was honestly only at the hotel for about 8 total hours a day (including sleeping and eating breakfast), but it was everything I needed. The room was spotless. The restroom was modern. The air conditioner wasn't great, but my roommate and I opened the window and let in the fresh air at night so the air conditioner wasn't an issue for us. Continental breakfast was DELICIOUS. The location wasn't ideal if you are looking to be in the heart of the city, but like I said, we were barely in the hotel so the distant location did not matter. It was located on a Metro station that contained a line that connected us to pretty much all the other major lines we needed. I would stay here a dozen times over.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Ashley G
Reviewed September 29, 2013

very nice hotel helpfull staff comfortable bedroom good selection of food at breakfast free wi fi so all the basics covered.The location is near the metro and not far from gare de nord station so allin all perfect for a short stay in paris.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank prestwickboy
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Typical "Ibis" standard. Small rooms, basic and without any soul. But from the other hand, quite good located. Only 7 minutes walking from Gare du Nord and 5 minutes to the engaging St.Martin Canal boulevards. The lobby looks encouraging and the front desk staff appeared polite and friendly. Just option for spending the nights.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank laserkid
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times, but the latest from 12-16 September was very disappointing. My room (701) is a single room, but really it is only a cupboard at the end of the corridor which is just big enough for a single bed. It had the basic comforts, but was nowhere near the standard I have experienced in the past. On one day (a Saturday) I arrived back in the evening to find that the room had not been cleaned. I am finding that this is happening more often in Paris hotels.

The breakfasts were standard Ibis buffet, but could have done with a bit of imagination to inject some local flavour. The croissants were particularly poor - small and soggy specimens. Would it not be possible to warm them in an oven for a few minutes to breathe some life back into them? If I stay here again I will not be taking their breakfast. There is a bar nearby which supplies much better croissants and coffee at a fraction of the cost.

In the past I have been satisfied at this hotel, but this time I was very disappointed.

Room Tip: If you are travelling solo, book a room for 2 persons, and don't book breakfast. That way you w...