“disappointed”

Ibis Paris Gare du Nord La Fayette 10eme
Ranked #838 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have a very nice exprience in Ibis hotel Thailand and this is the reason select Ibis hotel in Paris.

The room is very very small, we request room with two beds but when we arrived, the staff said they are full and only can arrange next night, we need to repack the package and moved again next night.

The washroom's door is not working, can't closed and lock, the shower space has no door and the floor is full of water after showering. It is not nice.

The room has no facilities, no any bottle of water with compliment, we can only get water/hot water at reception. They said it is free and we need to get downstair everytime when thirsty. however, after four night, the last night, the reception manager said the hot water is not for free. It is such unbelievable and after few minutes, she let us have a cup of hot water with terrible attitude.

The lift is not working and we need to move the luggage, luckily our room located at 2nd floor.

I will not recommand this hotel to my friends and other traveller. The poor service and the facilities is old and terrible, they do not respect their customer.

Finally, it is very appreciation to CIndy and her young male colleague, they both let us feel a bit better in such bad condition. But the other staff is not.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank susanleung

Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

I cannot understand what so many people are complaining about in these reviews. Paris is one of the most expensive cities in the world so you only get what you pay for!!! This ibis was pleasant, staff were friendly and helpful and the room was a reasonable size (for Paris that is...all hotel rooms are teeny here), we loved the quirky decoration of the hotel. Unfortunately the lift WS broken for two of the three days of our stay...we were gutted having to walk up 7 flights of stairs but hooray....it was fixed at the end of day two. We stayed over news years eve and felt standards were good given how busy Paris was, felt safe in the area and there are some fantastic restaurants within five minutes walk. Only. Complaint is that breakfast is too expensive....9 euros is far too much. We would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Poor service, dirty room and no lift working. Not what I expect from IBIS.

The lift was not working and I was on the sixth floor.

Long wait to check in when I was the only one at the desk.

Floor and surfaces in my room were dirty.

I use IBIS regularly and this site was not up to scratch with the brand or the price.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2012

You have a opportunity to rich all aeroports with only one line,
To have a acces near metro station direct to many turistics aereas
Good quality of rooms and breakfeast for the price that you payed
And possibility to find better prices trought web site on the internet

good for me

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I booked this hotel because I had an early morning Eurostar train. I did not realize it was ten minutes from the station. The rooms are the smallest I've ever seen in an Ibis. In the future I would stay at the Ibis Styles or any of the other hotels that are directly across the street from the station. This Ibis is far from everything and the area is not particularly safe.

The Ibises I've stayed at in Western Europe do not compare to the ones in Russia. The ones in Russia are nice and new and a good alternative to the Intourist hotels. In Western Europe they are old. In future trips I will stay elsewhere other than Ibises.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 1, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I regularly book Ibis because I know what I can expect from a stay there, but this is by far the worst I have ever been in, unfortunately, I it was also one of my longest stay in an Ibis (5 nights):
- I called in one week in advance to ask for a quite room
- arriving on friday, I find myself in a room located right next to lift with all the motor noises and opening and closing of the doors, (the responsible person for room planning at reception even mentioned to have put me in this room on purpose)
- I ask reception to change my room, who is kind enough to make some necessary changes to free up a different room corresponding to my requests, with the planning person sitting next to him trying to make his colleague understand that this re-planning does not really suit him (Next morning, I gained the impression that the planning person had an own plan for himself with these rooms...maybe sleeping himself during nightshift !?)
- in the new room, I find that light is not working (flicker in the bathroom - nice when you wake up in the morning...and one light next to the bed)
- next day I am telling reception please fix the light, Alex (or similar at reception) confirms that this will be taken care of
- this morning, I am asking for a coffee from the machine at the bar, Alex reassures me that coffee from the machine in the breakfast room is much better ;-)
- it later turns out that the coffee machine in the bar is simply broken...
- (and I do not want to hide that the coffee was later invoiced not as a regular coffee, but as a double espresso ...)
- arriving in the evening , nothing is done about the lights, it turns out that electrician is not working on weekends, the problem can only be fixed on monday, two more days in a poor room
- I am offered to change room again (!), which I refuse to do (I don't want to waste my time preparing my baggage again and again in this hotel...)
- so I am looking forward to that monday evening, where I expect all lights in the room to be working and, you might have guessed it already, nothing was done !
- reception tells me, the electrician did not show up - I am telling them that they'd better let hotel management know now, otherwise I would be telling them ...
- next morning receptionist all very friendly and nice preparing coffee for me, and I don't have anything to pay, whereas the day before I was harshly reminded by the lady in the breakfast room that I have to pay my coffee first at reception (for which I was not even given a receipt, by the way) - so I thought to myself, maybe they have now understood that they could do some kind of commercial gesture....
- so on the evening of day three, the lights were still not working, but I somehow expected that and helped myself with some tools that I brought (I removed at least the flickering light in the bathroom) and left the broken bulbs nicely visible in the room, where they remained there until the end of my stay...
- on day four of my stay the light in the bathroom was replaced, the light next to the bed remained broken ...
- and when I thought they might offer coffee for breakfast to make up for the hassle and untruthly information, I found all coffees on my check-out bill....

SO I WONDER WHAT THIS "15 MINUTES SATISFACTION GUARANTEE" IS ABOUT !!??IT TAKES 3 DAYS TO FIX BASIC STUFF, AND I WAS NEVER IBIS' GUEST FOR ANYTHING, NOT AT BREAKFAST, NOT IN THE ROOM, NOT IN THE SNACK BAR OR THE DRINKS BAR ...

THIS HOTEL HAS A SERIOUS QUALITY MANAGEMENT PROBLEM!

- by the way, air conditioning was'nt working either...
- also the location might be central, but you better ask the Parisians what they think about the quarter at Gare du Nord...you might be in for a surprise

All in all, a bad experience, but I think they can act that way, because this hotel naturally fills up with all the travellers who want to be close to the train stations...

Room Tip: You better ask for a room to the backyard, as rue Lafayette is fairly busy, on the top floor 709 is...