“Brilliant stay!”

Ranked #803 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Scotland
“Brilliant stay!”
Reviewed January 18, 2007

My wife and I stayed at The Comfort Gare du Nord for 3 nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We wanted a hotel near a station and this one couldn't have been closer. Although we flew to Paris, it was simple to get to and anyone getting the Eurosatr would be silly to book anywhere els in my opinion. Although the room was smallish, the hotel was wonderfully clean and the breakfast room was pleasant and also clean. The perfect base for a sightseeing trip.

• Liked — Cost and cleanliness
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Saltillo, PA
Reviewed August 17, 2006

The second half of my two week European vacation was spent in Paris, and I was looking for a lower cost hotel near the train station since I was expecting a visit from an English friend before I went home. I was a little surprised to be able to book a hotel room (online) the Saturday before the end of the Tour de France, but was not unhappy with what I got.

Renovation was in full swing while I was there, but the guys painting were very good about waiting until the tourists were out of their rooms before starting work for the day. I had the corner room on the "troisieme etage", so for a high school French teacher from rural Pennsylvania, evening people watching was a treat. ( I finally found where the Parisians hide their gas stations! Very surprising!)

The bed was comfortable and the shower had enough pressured hot water, no matter when I used it. Having been in Paris before, I know that in itself is a recommendation.

The 12 euro breakfast in my room was offered and declined, since I already knew that the Cafe du Nord, 10 meters away facing the train station, had a traditional petit dejeuner for only 6 euros. Perhaps the breakfast room has reopened by now, but it was being worked on during my stay.

I was usually out of the room by 9 a.m. and not back before 9 p.m. For my purposes, the room was great. My last morning, I had to mail a package to a friend in the Netherlands (our plans to meet in person fell through, and I really didn't want to drag what I had for her back home), and the young lady at the desk was able to give me good directions to the nearest post office. I always enjoy doing "real life" things when I'm on vacation, so the trip to the post office and the pass through the market on the way back to the hotel to check out were a great addition to my stay.

• Liked — Location
  • Tips/Secrets — Book online for this or any hotel, especially if your plans change suddenly. When I came back to the lobby after checking in, another traveller who had just shown up looking for a room was turned away... and I had book my room only three hours before!
  • Stayed July 2005, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
6 Thank tantelise
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed April 16, 2006

I booked this room because I am a woman traveling alone and coming from London on the Eurostar and wanted a close safe place from the train station on my first night. The hotel is visible as you emerge from the station. The reception spoke perfect english and were very pleasant. I was given a room on the first floor near the stairs and elevator. It was small but very comfortable. The shower was very hot and powerful. The tv had many stations. They had a hot pot in there with little coffee and tea packets. A perfect layover hotel and I got a great deal on the comfort hotel website for 67us a night.
I also stayed at the Paris Hilton and had no hot water or tea maker or tv channels. I would not hesitate to book this hotel again for one night and if I was traveling alone as the room was quite small.

• Stayed March 2006
10 Thank sallyhess
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 4, 2005

My wife and I were transferred from another Comfort Hotel (the Malesherbes in Place Augustins) since they were fully book and did not have a double room booked due to some mistake that made them think we wanted two single rooms. The person at the front desk of the Comfort Malesherbes called every comfort hotel nearby and paid for the Taxi for us to get the new hotel. We stayed in both a double room and a twin room. The Double room was bigger and had a full shower/bath combo and also a single person futon chair/bed in the room. The room also had a coffee pot and a small TV which got BBC and CNN. DId not eat the breakfast as nearby are cheaper breakfast options. The Twin room was smaller but the two twin beds did not take up the whole room. The Bathroom had just a shower which was plenty big enough and also had a glass door so one did not soak the whole bathroom which I guess is a problem at other hotels I saw reviews for. I think the rooms when I looked around cost around 100 euros which is a bit much for the area which is dead at night other than a few trains leaving. My opinion would be to stay closer to the Place Republique or near the Rue to Oberkampf especially if one plans on going out to bars or clubs at night as there is much more going on down there and the metro stops at 12:30 AM and most buses stop around 9:30 with only limited service up to 12:30. This is still a nice HOtel especially if one plans some excursions out of the city during your stay or just a staying a couple days on a trip through Europe.

9 Thank bccorb