“Excellent customer service”

Ibis Paris Gare du Nord
Ranked #783 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed June 28, 2014

We have been coming to this hotel for years. It has been made over by Ibis and so is now more attractive. Most of the rooms are a bit small, but the hotel is so well located and the front desk staff - Christophe and Audrey - are so helpful that you forget the lack of space, especially since the new beds are just so comfortable.

Room Tip: You have to pay a bit more if you want one of the larger rooms;.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed June 18, 2014

Fast and efficient checkin. Excellent location about 100 metres from gare du nord. Lots of eateries are close by.
Hotel is clean and easy to find. The rooms are very tiny so much so that we could not even place a suitcase anywhere except on the bed. Storage of 2 medium sized cases was difficult. There is just sufficient room to walk around the bed. The desk is too small to actually work on with a computer.
Wifi was free and fast.
The bathroom is also small and a person could bump the tap if not careful.

The hotel is suitable for transit overnight but not for longer stays.
Breakfast was typical continental breakfast.

Pillows were lumpy!

There is a lift that holds 2 people. Train noise can be heard dimly although our air con made far more noise!

Room Tip: Ask to be on the side away from the station
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2014

The room was so small that we could hardly fit in with our luggage.i know its a budget hotel but still it should meant to be comfortable.in the bathroom if u sit on the wc ur legs will rub against the wall if u have a good height.the mattress from the bed keep on falling if u move a bit...the buffet was nice....

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RISHGARG35
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We were attracted by their web ad that they just opened last March 2014 and thus we booked on this hotel. Only to find out that they were still in the middle of their renovation. The lobby was a mess, there were construction works ongoing in their second floor and there was a big garbage dump parked right in front of the hotel in the 4 days we were there.

What's more, we were greeted by their unfriendly receptionist named Audrey, who was busy on the phone to attend to us when we arrived, considering that we were made to wait in their cramp and topsy turvy lobby.

We complained about the dust and the ins and outs of the construction workers but to no avail.

They only have one (vintage) elevator which can only fit 2 persons at a time (less the luggages)

In fairness to the other hotel manager (gentleman) he offered us free breakfast but it doesn't change the fact that we have to eat with all the fumes and dust emanating from the lobby and the second floor. Our rooms were in the third and fourth floors.

Room Tip: Get a room with balcony facing the road.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Stayed for 4 nights whilst on a city break in Paris with a friend. I thought it was a reasonable price and was attracted to the hotel because of its location to the Gard du Nord, and Ibis was a familiar brand. Our welcome constituted quite an awkward experience. It is difficult to find and when we walked in, found ourselves to be in the middle of a building site. I understand that the hotel is new but I didn't really feel it appropriate to open a hotel in such a disorganised state. I found the receptionist to be incredibly awkward. He was on his phone for a while before I had to cough to alert him to our presence.

The room lacked a kettle, which as a die hard tea drinker, made a big deal of difference to our stay. That saying, the room was clean and the shower good. However, we found the room to soar to incredibly high temperatures at night. Whilst the weather was cold and drizzly outside, each night we both woke up soaked in sweat. We also noticed that it caused such a dryness to our faces. It may sound a bit odd I know. My friend was given a terribly dry throat whilst I encountered excruciating pain when putting in my contact lenses the following day because of eye dryness. This persisted each day. I'm not sure why.

However, as we spent all day out in Paris, we only used it as a bed to sleep in. Location wise, it is good because it is near the Gare du Nord. A recommended location for first time Paris visitors. Gare du Nord connects Paris with the airport and has a large metro station with the major metro lines. In this sense, the hotel is a perfect location in a nice vibrant area.

Room Tip: Avoid the breakfast. I didn't opt to pay extra for it, and I am grateful that I did. The restaur...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank AMCake
Reviewed May 20, 2014

This hotel was like staying in downtown NYC - you hear street noise all night long. We requested additional towels, which never showed up. We asked for a wake up call, which didn't happen. While it is nice being by the train station / bus stop, I wouldn't feel safe walking about after dark by myself. We did eat dinner at a few restaurants around the hotel, and they were very good. If you need a convenient place to stay for a night or two, this hotel is fine, but if I had a longer stay in Paris I would find something down by the Louvre - or in a more tourist friendly part of town.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lori F
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Poor hotel!
From my check in, I started having problems, it was more than 10pm and the receptionist spent more than 30 minutes with another guest without even looking at me or notifying me that he would serve me soon. So I had to ask for my key as I was exhausted and couldn't wait anymore for him to solve the issue he was having with the other guest.
Finally, I got my key and he ask me to leave my bag downs stairs that he would take it up soon. More than one hour later, I didnt received my bag. So I had to go down stairs and get it, myself. This is not an issue for me to carry my bag up, but tell me you are doing something, then you don't do it, just felt very unprofessional.
The room was old, smelled cigarrete, not very comfortable bed and the curtains were not thick enough, the lights of the advertising backdrops from the streets were very bright and a good curtain in this room is necessary in order to get a good sleep.. Terrible wifi, very slow.
Staff not very friendly or helpful.
To complete my poor experience, I had more issues when I checked out. I have booked and fully paid this hotel via hotels.com, however while checking out the receptionist wanted to charged me the full amount again, saying that I hadn't paid for it. I tried to acess my email to prove that I paid it, but the wifi was so bad that it wouldn't even open my emails. Conclusion I spent a long time discussing with the receptionist and almost lost my train to Switzerland.
I agreed with some of the reviews below, as I had to pay more than $120 euros a day, I can state that this was the worse money that I had spent in my all trip to Europe, this place is not a good value for money, unless you find very low rates, definitively not worth $120 euros.
The only positive about this place was the location, very close to Gare du Nord Station.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo