“Convenient, Clean & Comfortable”

Hotel Saint Christophe
Ranked #603 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed June 14, 2013

I recently stayed here for 10 nights while visiting Paris for the French Open tennis. I have to say this hotel was ideal for my requirements. Centrally located in the fabulous Latin Quarter of Paris with numerous cafes and choice of 2 metro stations nearby. The rooms themselves are not big but that's to be expected given that it is an old building. However the rooms are tastefully decorated and cannot be faulted for cleanliness. The staff are friendly and the front office staff speak English fluently. The daily breakfast is nothing special but it is convenient if you want something quick before going out for the day. The only thing I found a minor inconvenience was management's insistence that the key must be handed in each time you leave the hotel.
For anyone looking for an affordable but comfortable hotel in a great part of town, I would thoroughly recommend this place. I hope to return there someday.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
HSCSTAFF, Manager at Hotel Saint Christophe, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Thank you for taking some time to wright us a review.
We are glad your stay went so well and that you enjoyed being in Paris for "Roland Garros"
We are pleased to find out that our rooms met your expectations.
Regarding our key policy, we ask our guests to leave their key at reception for them not to take the risk of being "pick pocketed". If ever somebody steels your key and gets into your room we can't do anything whereas if your key is with us it limits the risk.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

My wife and I enjoyed our 5 day paris trip in 2012 staying at Hotel Saint Christophe. We were looking to stay away from the loud tourist areas and this fit the bill. Although the area was definitely bustling with activity, it had a more local feel to it. It was quiet and safe at night and we both got a good sleep even though we had a window facing the street. A big plus is the metro station, Place Monge a few steps away from the hotel. Staff was very helpful pre-arrival, working with me over the phone at odd hours and also during our stay, courteous with helpful suggestions. We will likely stay here again when visiting Paris and looking to stay in a hotel.

Stayed 5 nights in March 2012.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
HSCSTAFF, Manager at Hotel Saint Christophe, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review.
It is always a pleasure for us to find out that our guest's stay went so well.
We are glad you enjoyed the Hotel Saint Christophe's location.
We look forward to welcoming you again.
Kind Regards.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

My first time in Paris and loved staying here for 3 nights. The hotel is very comfortable.. the rooms are of a decent size and well decorated in a simple french style, and the staff are very welcoming and friendly. The location is lovely, with lots of little french shops with cute canopies doted along the narrow streets. As it rained heavily one evening on our way to the River Sienne, we decided to give it a miss and just did a spot of 'cafe hopping' in the local area. Found a great one with a heated cover, tranquil ambience and unintrusive waiters ,aptly called the Parisian Cafe, where we spent most of the evening chatting, and watching the world go by. A dreamy stay..hope to come back again soon :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
HSCSTAFF, Manager at Hotel Saint Christophe, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review.
We are glad your stay went so well.
How nice to sit and let the world go by... That is a real holiday!
We hope to see you soon
Kind regards

Reviewed May 28, 2013

For my first trip to Paris, I wanted to stay in a small French hotel. I was not looking for a luxury hotel, but somewhere clean, safe, and comfortable. Hotel Saint Christophe fit my needs perfectly. My cozy, simply furnished room served as a clean and comfortable home base for my seven nights in Paris. The location was convenient, on a quiet street just a short walk to two metro stations. Cafes and patisseries were nearby as was the busier Rue Mouffetard.

My second floor room was quiet and had two tall windows that I could keep slightly open for fresh air without too much street noise. The bathroom was nice and very clean with a wonderful bathtub for soaking in each night after the miles of sightseeing I did on foot.

As a solo traveler, I felt very safe at this hotel. The front desk staff were helpful and the free use of the computer in the lobby was convenient for booking my train tickets.

I was very happy with Hotel Saint Christophe and would not hesitate to stay there again next time I visit Paris.

Room Tip: This hotel has a tiny elevator so dragging luggage up and down stairs is not an issue.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
HSCSTAFF, Manager at Hotel Saint Christophe, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Madam,
Thank you very much for your kind review.
We are very happy to find out that you enjoyed staying with us and that your stay went so well.
Feeling safe in a location is very important and we are glad you liked our location.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

Rooms in very good condition, friendly service, located in front of the Place Monge (train station). Breakfast simple but honest.
You can walk around just two blocks to the Rue Moufettard - very nice place full of restaurants, pubs and cafes.
A safe and comfortably hotel with a reasonable price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view to the street
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
HSCSTAFF, Manager at Hotel Saint Christophe, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review.
We are happy to find out that our hotel, it's location and area gave you entire satisfaction.
We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel one night in Paris before flying out the next day. We did tour around the area. This hotel is located in the Latin Quarter close to the Rue Monge and the Parthenon. Just a few blocks away is a charming square filled with nice restaurants and cafes. To get to Luxembourg Gardens is a spirited 15 minute walk, but interesting nonetheless. I would think if you are going to see the major sites you would need to take the Metro or a bus. On the bright side metro and bus sights are plentiful near the hotel.

The hotel is a nice boutique hotel. We found the service to be very good. They arranged a shuttle to Charles de Gaulle airport which was reasonably priced. The room was small, but that is to be expected in a Parisian hotel. It was clean and had all of the basics. The price was very reasonable for Paris. We enjoyed our stay. It was nice place to stay in a nice area of Paris.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
HSCSTAFF, Manager at Hotel Saint Christophe, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review.
We were very pleased to welcome you at the Hotel Saint Christophe.
We are pleased to find out that the location of the Hotel gave you entire satisfaction.
We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Four of us, 2 couples, started our first visit to Europe staying at the Saint Christophe for 4 days. We found the hotel to be in a great location, reasonably priced, comfortable. We were able to walk to every location we wanted to see with the exception of Eifel Tower (we used the on/off river boat) and used the bus once to get to the neighborhood where the Moulin Rouge is, and to the church at the top of the hill there.
The rooms were plenty big for a vacation stay. Beds were comfortable. Bathrooms don't have bidet but otherwise quite good. Good tubs and showers.
The breakfast is OK but I found that you can do better for less cost by going to one of the local cafes (or the great bakery across the street). Next to the bakery there is a DIY laundry. Across the street there is a bank ATM.
There was a problem with the (relatively new) elevator the morning we checked out. This was only a problem because my wife and I had large (27") suitcases but we got past it. We only used the elevator the morning we checked in, to carry the luggage up to the 3rd floor.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends or family.

We used the train to get from CDG airport. Horrible idea. I'll never do that again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
HSCSTAFF, Manager at Hotel Saint Christophe, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,
Thank you four your kind review.
We are happy to find out that your stay went so well.
We regret your transport by train back to the airport didn't go well. Don't hesitate next time to ask us to book a shuttle for you.
We look forward to seeing you.
Kind regards