I have stayed in over 8 Hotel Ibis in Paris and this has to be my favourite one. There are lots of reasons why it shouldn't be (or rather why other Ibis hotels should be considered better), but I really didn't want to leave here.
The location is so-so... as I have visited Paris 18 times and lived there for 4 months, location isn't really an issue for me, but for any first-time travellers, this probably isn't the place to stay as you are quite north of the city which can be a pain for tourism. Also, the hotel is in quite a rough neighbourhood of Paris, but personally I think that adds to the experience. I didn't get mugged or harassed etc so don't worry, but you may see the odd drug deal or the police arresting suspicious youths (a common occurrence in these parts of Paris).
It is right next to the Zenith, so if you fancy seeing a concert during your stay, this could be the perfect place.
What I LOVED about this hotel was its view. It is right on Parc de la Villette which, in my opinion, is beautiful. The river separates the hotel from the park, but the views from the rooms are truly wonderful. It's lovely to be able to come out of the hotel and immediately be walking along the river Seine. Given its location, it's also very quiet and tranquil (it is set back from the 'rough streets' I was talking about earlier, but close enough (2 minute walk) to the main street where you can find anything you fancy whether it's fast-food, restaurants, supermarkets, cigarettes etc.
The hotel itself was extremely clean with a good-size room and bathroom. No complaints from me at all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Paris La Villette 19eme hotel is located in the north east of Paris, overlooking the Canal de l Ourcq, 400 m from the Cite des Sciences La Villette, 3 km from the Buttes Chaumont park and 18 km from Roissy airport. The hotel has 284 rooms with WiFi Internet including 6 for guests with limited mobility as well as 3 meeting rooms. Other features include the LA TABLE restaurant, a bar and snacks available 24 hours. There is private parking for 16 vehicles, phone bookings necessary. Pets allowed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, ACCOR, Booking.com and Orbitz so you can book your Ibis Paris La Villette Cite des Sciences 19eme reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Paris La Villette 19eme Hotel Paris
- Accor Paris La Villette 19eme