I recently stayed here whilst I visited pret a porter trade show with my uni and neither me or my fellow students enjoyed staying is this hotel. I previously have never stayed in an ibis and i never will stay in one again.
The hotel is not in a good location in terms of the distant from it to the centre of Paris it couldn't be further away on the metro map if it tried. Furthermore although there are 2 metro stations near to the hotel one has to be accessed by walking over a iron bridge going over the canal and as it was snowing trying to carry a suitcase down and up the stairs was not easy. The hotel is also not in a very nice or safe area so I would not recommend a group of girls (like us) or children to stay in this hotel as I did not feel safe in its surrounding area, to reinforce this point we did ask many taxi drivers whether the area was safe/a bad area and each of them said it was not safe and was a bad area. Additionally behind the hotel there is a street which the staff had told us not to walk down because it was too dangerous and some very weird things were going on which we could see from our hotel room. Furthermore on the first day whilst walking back from the station the whole of the area was surrounded by police and it had all be taped off. This meant that we had to get taxis anywhere after about 5/6 because we did not feel safe enough to walk to the metro station.
The staff were extremely rude for the duration of our stay and were not very helpful. We were not told to bring the paper card holder to breakfast so when arriving without it (because we hadnt been told) we got sent away and was not allowed in until we went back up to the room to get this piece of paper. The room was ok but looked nothing like the photos I had seen on the website it is extremely dated compared to the restaurant and reception lobby and the bathroom is tiny with your face against the wall if you wish to go to the toilet. There was also marks all over my duvet cover which was quite unpleasant, breakfast was ok but the fruit was so old and in-edible. Also watch out the pavement around the hotel is covered in dog poo literally everywhere and when wanting to book a taxi in advance for leaving to get the Eurostar the hotel said they wouldn't do it and you have to book 10 minutes before you wanted to leave which just a made it more difficult to organise your departure.
Although this hotel may be cheaper than others more central to Paris it's not worth it as the amount of money you spend on taxis and metro tickets as you're so far away may as well be spent on a slightly more expensive hotel which is nearer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Paris La Villette 19eme hotel is located in the north east of Paris, overlooking the Canal de l Ourcq, 400 m from the Cite des Sciences La Villette, 3 km from the Buttes Chaumont park and 18 km from Roissy airport. The hotel has 284 rooms with WiFi Internet including 6 for guests with limited mobility as well as 3 meeting rooms. Other features include the LA TABLE restaurant, a bar and snacks available 24 hours. There is private parking for 16 vehicles, phone bookings necessary. Pets allowed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Accorhotels.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ibis Paris La Villette Cite des Sciences 19eme reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Paris La Villette 19eme Hotel Paris
- Accor Paris La Villette 19eme