“Neat and reasonably priced hotel that's near enough to a metro station”

Ibis Paris La Villette Cite des Sciences 19eme
Ranked #975 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
ADL
“Neat and reasonably priced hotel that's near enough to a metro station”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

From CDG airport, we took the train and then the metro to get there. We had a fair bit of luggage with a baby and a pram and the metro system was not designed with parents in mind, with steps up and down and narrow entrances/ exits and even escalators. This meant we had to collapse the pram a lot in order to get through.
Once on ground level, it was an easy walk to get to the hotel.
Check in was swift and you get given a code to get into your room.
The room was small, but it was clean and tidy with separate toilet and shower cubicles. The sink was in the room itself.
I borrowed a hair dryer from the reception, it’s free of charge but they just need to keep a piece of ID, such as a drivers license.
If I was in Paris again, I would use this hotel once more.

Room Tip: If your room faces the main street, there's a bit of traffic noise, but nothing horrendous.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank kittyra1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Burgess Hill
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in October whilst making a lovely one week holiday trip to Paris to visit the famous Paris Motor Show and to do some sightseeing as well.
I have stayed in several Ibis hotels in various European locations and this one was certainly up to their usual standard. As ever the room was of modest size but entirely adequate for my needs. It was always spotlessly clean and well prepared and the bed was nice and comfortable. As with many Ibis hotels the bathroom was the usual quite small size but for a single male it was quite acceptable.
I had breakfast in the hotel each morning and have to say it was superb with a very large choice of options to choose from. I would say it was very good value. I also ate in the restaurant one evening when I had a very nice pizza.
I paid to have wi-fi access in my room and this worked perfectly. The only slightly annoying aspect of this was that you had to go the lobby desk each day and get a printout showing the days' access code. In other Ibis hotels I have stayed at they give you a list showing all the different codes for each day in one go.
I actually arrived at the hotel quite early in the morning. I asked at the check-in desk if I could drop off my luggage and then come back later as the earliest time to check in was 2PM. The lady at the check-in was most helpful and my request was carried out with no problem. I was given a receipt for my luggage which was put into a secure storage room.
I was particularly pleased with the actual location of the hotel. Situated up in the north-east corner of the city it is a nice quiet situation and it is right next to the Canal St Martin and the Parc de la Villette. You can take very pleasant walks along the canal following its' route for some while in a southerly direction. It eventually runs into a tunnel before finally emerging into the River Seine. Alternatively a walk across to the Parc is very pleasant and there is the opportunity to visit the Cite des Sciences which is a museum of technological and scientific displays.
There are three metro stations nearby which will provide access to all points of the city. The nearest station is Ourcq which is on the opposite side of the canal but is easily accessed via a foot-bridge then a short walk up one road. Corentin Cariou station is to the North and again only about a ten minute walk away. A walk along the canal in a southerly direction will take you towards Crimee station.
I would suggest when booking the hotel to ask if you can have a room at the front and on a higher floor as you will then have a lovely view of the canal from your room window.
So to sum up I can thoroughly recommend this hotel and I would certainly stay there if I was ever lucky enough to be in Paris again.

Room Tip: Higher rooms at the front will offer a good view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Cameramankeith
Villingen-Schwenningen, Germany
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed here for business in room 544 for 3 days because of a trade show around the corner.

What I liked
+ good restaurant
+ good breakfast
+ friendly staff that goes above and beyond (really!) - this is really a +++ here
+ free Wifi
+ free breakfast
+ free parking (*)
+ large bed
+ clean room
+ fast elevators that are secured with room keycard

What I didn't like
+ rooms tiny
+ bathroom even smaller - I was unable to turn myself around in it
+ tiny shower - I needed to open the bathroom door to get into it
+ I had 3 hours no energy in the hotel ... don't know what happend

As for the parking - to reach the hotel's garage you need to turn left BEFORE you reach the hotel before the pedestrian traffic light. The hotel has only 15 garage spaces which are VERY SMALL so you need to be a good driver to get into there and out there without scratches to your car. The hotel is not advertising the garage because it's so small. If you miss the turn into the garage you will need to make a big circle to get back there because all the roads are one way.

Room Tip: Rooms towards the river are the nicest ones
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Paris, France
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The staff looked after us well. The hotel is close enough by tube but a around 16 stops from the centre. However it only takes 20 minutes to get into Paris. We walked in stopping at the cafes etc and it took around a hour.

Very enjoyable stay, great friendly people to look after you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family