Having read the reviews, I agree with most of them.
I have just returned from a weekend break with riviera travel who were fantastic and Jonathan was great.
I went with a female friend and we had twin beds which were pushed together to get them in. I knew there were no tea facilities so took my own kettle tea bags etc. Supermarket next door nearly so milk not a problem.
The room was clean and beds made every day towels changed if wanted. It was quiet.as we were facing a back street and grassy quadrangle.
What the fixation with having a multichannel tele on a short break is beyond me. If you want to watch tele stay at home!
The lifts did have their moments where my key card didn't work, but we were warned its electronic so don't put it against your phone, iPad etc as all radio signals conflict.
The biggest contention was breakfast and Riviera had their slots. It was potluck of when you arrived of what was on offer, and the utensils to eat and drink with. Every morning I found something missing of which I was wanting, a glass for the orange juice, a cup for the coffee or tea etc. so I just got on with part of the breakfast that I could get on with and waited for the next clean batch.
The choice when it was there was quite good, but not enough of it for the amount of customers at any one time.
The bread was to die for and their marmalade is the one I have at home. Don't expect cooked English breakfast cos its not there. But croissants that were fresh light and delicious. Different types of cereals, yogurts,and sometimes fresh fruit.
My friend enjoyed the cheeses which were superb. At no time did we leave the table hungry.
There was two young workers who worked their socks off and all every one seemed to do was moan. They not o ly filled up the empty spots of food and crockery but they also had to clear away the mucky trays.
This is down to MANAGEMENT namely Ibis BUT our holiday was on a budget and not a 5 star rating where you expect better service.
What they could do is having tray trolleys like they do in hospital canteens and all inclusive hotels abroad, where you put your dirty tray on these trolleys as you leave. That would give empty tables that all would need is a wipe.
I tipped the young dark girl as she worked like a Trojan with no thanks at all. She smiled brilliantly at me and as there was no hot water to make a cuppa she went to the kitchen and filled it up .
I wasn't in the hotel long enough at any one time except to sleep to comment about anything else except on our last night we were going to have a night cap at that bar when about 6 customers were waiting, because the only guy on duty had to change the Lagah barrell Again down to pure lack of staff. As the bar on most occasions was empty they probably didn't think it prudent to have more than one member of staff twiddling their thumbs, and we were unlucky this particular time that every one seemed to have the same idea as us. We just went to the room and had a cuppa.
All in all I would return, it was near metros, resturants and shops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ibis Paris Alésia Montparnasse hotel is located in the centre of Paris, 3 km from the Exhibition Centre at Porte de Versailles, 4 km from the Latin Quarter and 5 km from the Eiffel Tower. The airport is 15 km away. The hotel has 264 air-conditioned rooms with Wifi Internet access, including 5 adapted for disabled persons, as well as 8 meeting rooms. LE RESTAURANT, a bar, snacks 24/24, and private covered parking (not free) are at your disposal. Pets accepted. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with ACCOR, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Agoda, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ibis Paris Alesia Montparnasse 14eme reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis Paris Alesia Montparnasse Hotel Paris
- Accor Paris Alesia Montparnasse
- Ibis Alesia Montparnasse