“Would stay again”

Ibis Paris Alesia Montparnasse 14eme
Ranked #1,247 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Having read the reviews, I agree with most of them.
I have just returned from a weekend break with riviera travel who were fantastic and Jonathan was great.
I went with a female friend and we had twin beds which were pushed together to get them in. I knew there were no tea facilities so took my own kettle tea bags etc. Supermarket next door nearly so milk not a problem.
The room was clean and beds made every day towels changed if wanted. It was quiet.as we were facing a back street and grassy quadrangle.
What the fixation with having a multichannel tele on a short break is beyond me. If you want to watch tele stay at home!
The lifts did have their moments where my key card didn't work, but we were warned its electronic so don't put it against your phone, iPad etc as all radio signals conflict.
The biggest contention was breakfast and Riviera had their slots. It was potluck of when you arrived of what was on offer, and the utensils to eat and drink with. Every morning I found something missing of which I was wanting, a glass for the orange juice, a cup for the coffee or tea etc. so I just got on with part of the breakfast that I could get on with and waited for the next clean batch.
The choice when it was there was quite good, but not enough of it for the amount of customers at any one time.
The bread was to die for and their marmalade is the one I have at home. Don't expect cooked English breakfast cos its not there. But croissants that were fresh light and delicious. Different types of cereals, yogurts,and sometimes fresh fruit.
My friend enjoyed the cheeses which were superb. At no time did we leave the table hungry.
There was two young workers who worked their socks off and all every one seemed to do was moan. They not o ly filled up the empty spots of food and crockery but they also had to clear away the mucky trays.
This is down to MANAGEMENT namely Ibis BUT our holiday was on a budget and not a 5 star rating where you expect better service.
What they could do is having tray trolleys like they do in hospital canteens and all inclusive hotels abroad, where you put your dirty tray on these trolleys as you leave. That would give empty tables that all would need is a wipe.
I tipped the young dark girl as she worked like a Trojan with no thanks at all. She smiled brilliantly at me and as there was no hot water to make a cuppa she went to the kitchen and filled it up .
I wasn't in the hotel long enough at any one time except to sleep to comment about anything else except on our last night we were going to have a night cap at that bar when about 6 customers were waiting, because the only guy on duty had to change the Lagah barrell Again down to pure lack of staff. As the bar on most occasions was empty they probably didn't think it prudent to have more than one member of staff twiddling their thumbs, and we were unlucky this particular time that every one seemed to have the same idea as us. We just went to the room and had a cuppa.
All in all I would return, it was near metros, resturants and shops.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Carolg1951
There are newer reviews for Ibis Paris Alesia Montparnasse 14eme

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Very clean staff friendly and helpfull good breakfast . A good budget holiday hotel well situated I would go there again close to shops and metro plus buses and trams. Lots of good restaurants close by.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Helen M
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Rooms were a little small but clean and beds comfortable, breakfast was sometimes a little sparce but quite good would go back!!!But no tea making facilities in the room and television channels could be better!!!

Room Tip: Front of Hotel i.e. room 200's
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Linda433
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Stay at these hotel via Rivera Travel, the Hotel is very basic the room was so small, although the bed was comfortable, I know the room is only for sleeping in, but might have been a bit more bearable if there was , some more channels to watch on T.V. just BBC World News.
Breakfast was a free for all, and the staff had trouble keeping up.(Hotel could employ more).
Would have been nice to have a bit more variety, sausage, eggs, toast etc.
Also no where near the city centre, and the nearest Metro is between 5-10 minute walk.
I not should I would stay at ibis Hotel again, might be cheap but I would pay a little more extra to stay else where.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank millwalsh
Reviewed September 10, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I went with our local National Trust Group using Riviera Travel. I had a clean comfortable if somewhat small room overlooking the courtyard. Everything in the room was fine, the air-conditioning was efficient and a very comfy double bed. The only reason I have given average as the overall rating was due to the chaos at breakfast. The food was good but it was the lack of sufficient staff to keep the crockery, food etc topped up. I have previously stayed in an Ibis Hotel near Heathrow and breakfast ran smoothly. I felt sorry for the staff on duty as they just could not cope with the throughput of people. The Hotel is well placed for public transport, although our trip mainly used the coach.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends