“Find a different hotel” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,346 of 1,812 Hotels in Paris
Sayreville
“Find a different hotel”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I have been to europe before and expected small but not dirty and mold in spots, curtains were dirty, some rooms smelled of smoke and not a clock in the room, can't say anything good about hotel except the staff at the front desk was very helpful, called cabs for us and let us use their phone more than once, location is not the best either, congested area and took long to get anyhwere, would never stay there again!

Room Tip: Look for a better location for hotel, closer to eifel tower, lots of traffic everywhere.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank RJ13Sayreville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

My experience with this hotel is nothing like the bad reviews listed on this site. I found it to be clean, quiet, very well-located near a metro station and small supermarket. The rooms are small, but that is usual in Paris. We were too busy enjoying this wonderful city to spend time in a room in any case!
The continental breakfast was just to my taste- fresh pain au chocolat, fruit, yoghurt and hot chocolate/coffee were all lovely.
If you want a luxurious room with full English breakfast every day then perhaps Paris isn't right for you anyway.
Good value for money.

Room Tip: Lower floors so you don't have to bother with the lift
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank J P
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed at the Ibis Paris Alesia Montparnasse for 3 nights in September 2012. The room was small but that's normal for Paris and it was clean, and quiet. Staff was friendly, breakfast was good. I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Nathalie D
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

Spotlessly clean very basic room. Phone shows you can call for a snack in your room. I tried to do this and Reception picked up and transferred my call to the kitchen. This rang and rang and the phone was then picked up and put straight down. So I recalled Reception. They told me I would have to come down and eat in the hotel restaurant. So I took my seat and waited. And waited. Eventually by calling out across the room I got a waiter to come and serve me. The veal burger and chips then took forever to arrive. When they did the chips were warm not hot and the veal burger was barely cooked and the bread buns were cold. And then I had to wait a long time, with my meal becoming still colder, until the accompanying beer was served despite my reminders that it was due. The waiters argued between themselves in front of me as to who should go and get the beer. Pathetic. The lifts took a long time to come and with the room card, which doubled as a lift security card, working intermittently and not inspiring confience in the security it was supposed to ensure. The three star rating gives a wrong impression of what you can expect. Ibis has basic formula which needs to be competently delivered to warrant more than two stars. Paris has a lot to learn from Asia when it comes to service.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Michael B
Lagos, Nigeria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Apart from the cold reception at the front desk, and the tiny room (we were travelling with an infant and by the time they brought a very ugly cot, it occupied the little space in the room), the 3 in 1 soap (who does that?!), only 1 staff to attend to all the guest at diner, the stay was actually okay. the cleaning ladies and kitchen staff were extremely helpful which was a plus

other than that, the best thing about the hotel was the location and probably breakfast. breakfast was cheaper @ 9 euro's since it was buffet breakfast and though there are cafe's in the area, the variety available at the hotel was worth more than the 9 euro's paid.

there are shops that line the road leading to the Alesia Metro station so for us, shopping started as soon as we dropped our bags as we were able to get discounts even in september.

however, if you plan on a fancy trip with plenty of time to spend lying in your hotel room, then look elsewhere. but for a place to sleep and hit the city, this is not a bad choice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

You feel dirty staying at the Ibis. Forget that that the rooms are small, I expected that. The bathroom looked grungy, there was wall paper in the bathroom that was peeling off. The floor/carpet was disgusting. they give each person one very thin towel. no washcloths. A 3 in 1 soap... BRING YOUR OWN SOAP. The staff varied, some were great, others not so much. The breakfast buffet is fine and the area is fine. mostly everyone spoke English, A few said they did not.. not sure if I believe them. Our beds were "twins" but I think they were a child's twin.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Danielle H
Collegeville PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

A group of us stayed here recently as part of a business trip. The hotel is in a decent location as it's a less than 10 minute walk to a subway station and there are plenty of shops and restaurants within walking distance. Sadly, that's about all the hotel has going for it. It's an old hotel that is in desperate need of a makeover.

Like many hotels in Europe, the room is small, but unlike other places, it's also quite dirty. My room had stains on the carpet, the bathroom had mildew, and the room smelled musty. My tiny room had 3 single beds! There was no room to walk around and I had no work space. I had my luggage sitting on the luggage rack and my laptop sitting on top of my luggage. I sat on a small metal stool and that is how I had to work inside my room. The third bed looked like it would fold back up into the wall providing a work space, so I asked the front desk to send someone up to see if they could put away the third bed as I was not having any luck. Someone showed up the next day, tried for a few minutes, then said something to me in French and left. No one ever came back and I had to deal with the bed as is for the week. As for the beds themselves, it's about a 3" firm mattress with a bottom sheet and a duvet cover. Yea...there is no top cover between you and the duvet and I seriously wonder how often those duvets are cleaned or changed. The towels were quite thin and rough and there are no wash clothes. They do provide a combination soap/shampoo/conditioner all in one bottle that is evidently shared between guests as when I checked into the room, the bottle was less than half full. There were only two outlets in the room and one was in the bathroom. As someone who uses a CPAP machine, there were no outlets near the bed for me to plug my machine into. There's a very small closet and a flat panel TV in the room, which I never turned on.

The three elevators are small and slow and you have to swipe your key before pressing your floor number. Not a real big deal if it worked, but half the time, you are swiping your card multiple times while other guests are waiting to swipe their cards as well. I was on the third floor and it was easier to simply take the stairs at times.

The food in the restaurant at the hotel was not great. We had breakfast, lunch, and dinner there and it left a lot to be desired. Breakfast was by far the worst. It was crowded and it was hard to find clean coffee mugs or even working coffee/juice machines at times. The lines to get coffee were long. The food was the same every day and included some breads, pastries, cheese, cereals, and crepes. You had to cut the bread yourself and often times, there wasn't even a napkin to hold the bread while you cut, so you can imagine how many hands were touching the bread. Yuck!

The meeting room itself was OK, but the snacks we ordered often didn't arrive on time and were pretty cheap. There are some drinks provided in the room along with tea and coffee. All of the AV equipment worked and I will say that the staff was responsive to our needs with the AV equipment. When we encountered some issues with the phone, someone did come over and help us.

Free wireless is provided in the hotel but you are limited to 200 MB per session. You have to provide your name and email address every time you connect, but you can simply enter a bogus name and email address and it will connect fine. At times, the wireless connection would simply drop.

All in all, I cannot recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank GigemAggie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Paris
Montparnasse
#871 of 1,812 in Paris
3.5 of 5 stars 373 reviews
Montparnasse
Ibis Paris Maine Montparnasse 14eme

Been to Ibis Paris Alesia Montparnasse 14eme? Share your experiences!