“Nice hotel”

Hotel du Moulin Vert
Ranked #1,333 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed September 25, 2013

It's located quite far from the subway station, about 7-10 minutes on foot. Rooms are quite nice, not very big but at least enough space to put the bags on the floor and still have some free space. Free Wi-Fi was pretty fast.
The whole trip was nice except check-out, because the manager didn't want to take 500 euro banknote. He gave us advice to change them in the nearest bank, but all of them were closed and we came back to him. Finally, he accepted that big banknote! Thanks a lot to him for that!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 19, 2013

The hotel is 2 stars, i was looking for a clean and good place for sleeping because hotels are very expensive there, the sleep quality is very good, the rooms are very small but its ok, the bathroom is small also, it is very good hotel for only spending time in sleeping because there is no other facilities, the location is semi perfect, 3 minutes walking to the underground which can take you to any place you want, there is many restaurants and super markets and bakery beside the hotel, from my point of view you wont need more than this for an active vacation

Room Tip: all the rooms are same but as i mentioned above it depends on your needs
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2013

i went for 8 night in this hotel , this hotel have all the good things that i wished so it was so lovely and made me have a very nice holliday
.the hotel is very clean, confortable beds, stuff always try to help and very gentle, the location is great, and quiet at night ,many shops and restaurant near and 4 supermarkets very close also .
there is the bus stop that takes you to chatelet, which i was very usefull, also when i arrived form the airport the orlybuss left me at denfer rochero and then i walked to the hotel, i say about 12 minutes
the montparnass area is very attractive, and safe at night
the nearby metro takes you fast to "invalide" and easy to the center of paris
this hotel is 3 star for the price of 2 star hotel
i like it very much and i hope that i will use it again soon
our room was looking the read and to a garden and it's very nice vieu also
i rate the Moulin Vert as Exellent, and made me have a lovely holiday in paris

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I made my reservation in May 2013 for a 4-night stay in September 2013 for a conference, using my credit card to secure it. Three days before I was due to travel, I received an email from the Moulin Vert informing me that my reservation had been cancelled. Mystified, I called the hotel to find out why. Apparently, staff check validity of credit cards a few days before the reservation comes into effect. The hotel informed me that mine was reported to have been stolen - which it was, in Athens in July 2013. It did not occur to me at that (stressful) time to consider the effect on a hotel reservation made in May. So I had no accommodation in Paris, 3 days before I was due to present a paper at a conference! I spent almost an entire day searching for alternative accommodation and could only find a reasonably-priced room 15Km from the conference venue in central Paris.

Surely it would not have been beyond the wit of the Moulin Vert to phone or email me to say "There is a problem with your credit card, can we check the details?" rather than arbitrarily cancelling the reservation. Then I could have given the number of my new card and all would probably have been well. This abrupt action by the Moulin Vert has caused me considerable inconvenience.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Jane S
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Before me and my partner went we read alot of reviews on the moulin vert, but it was better than these reviews made out, very friendly staff that all spoke very good english the area its in is perfect with alot of shopping and restrants around, a metro about 5 minutes walk away.. making getting into the center of paris very easy.. we will definitely be staying at it again if we go to paris again highly recommend to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Jamiehill091989
Reviewed May 9, 2013

good if you dont excpect much and just need a bed to sleep,if the breackfast isnt included in the price DONT take it, 10 euro for a cofee and some bread with only jam is way too much!Bathroom was smelly and not clean, shower door doesnt work...I dont know on what it based but 2* isnt correct.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed April 14, 2013

In a good location (walking distance to the metro station), reasonably priced, breakfast included. Really good for group travellers and theres a store nearby. Staff are very friendly. Other than that, its really a very basic hostel/hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends