“One of the few free internet hotel”
Review of Hotel Beaunier

Hotel Beaunier
Ranked #1,332 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
An Agoda Traveler
Reviewed July 26, 2009

• Stayed: July 2009

Reviewed February 10, 2008

I was here on business and had this room booked for me. This hotel is close to the Port D'Orleans Metro station in the 14th. It is in an non-touristy area, but there are some cafes along the Ave du General Leclerc.

The staff were nice although one did not speak much English. And the rooms were cleaned every day.

I had a double room to myself and it was big enough with a double bed and desk. The bathroom was VERY small and the shower was the smallest I have ever seen. Be careful not to hit the shower curtain when you are showering or else you will get water everywhere on the floor like I did the first night. The decor is rather drab and simple, there was a scary looking mask framed above the bed. I had a room facing the courtyard so it was pretty shielded from street traffic, however you can really hear people walking around and getting ready in the morning. The best part was the free WiFi, you just need to ask them for the password.

The breakfast is an additional 6€ or so, it consists of coffee (with or without milk), orange juice, bread, croissant, a small piece of cheese, butter, jam, and a plastic wrapped pastry. This was included in my rate and kept me full until lunch, however if it is not included, I would not have paid extra for it since the breakfast room is quite small and it would be better to go to a cafe since it is Paris. However, the breakfast can also be served in your room, so that was a nice option.

This hotel is quite far from any sites and you would have to take the metro all the time, so it is not in the best location for tourists. If you have something to do in the area then it is probably OK for young travelers who do not want to spend much money and are fine with the absolute basics.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ricerca
Reviewed November 4, 2007

If you are looking for an inexpensive place to sleep in the 14th arondissement, this is perfect. Be aware this is a no-frills hotel. There's no elevator; you lug your own baggage up the spiral staircase. My room was small, with a single bed, a small desk, and a TV. It was very clean, the bed was comfortable, and the ensuite bathroom (shower, sink, and toilet) was very modern. It is located on a residential street which was very quiet at night.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank OccasionalTourist
Reviewed August 15, 2007

The room rates at this hotel are quite reasonable, but do not include breakfast. (Breakfast is available at an extra cost of 6 euro.)

The hotel is less than 5 minutes from the nearest metro station, Porte d'Orléans, but that station is at the extreme south of the metro line 4, a long way from most of the sights of Paris.

The hotel is an oldish building, but rooms 16 and 17, where we stayed, are in an outbuilding at the rear of the hotel. These rooms are quite exposed, with the bedroom door opening directly to the outside. The rooms are not well insulated and so are very noisy.

Overall we did not consider the hotel in general and these rooms in particular good value.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank guyde
A TripAdvisor Member
Dublin | Warsaw
Reviewed July 17, 2006

We've just returned from a lovely weekend in Paris, during which we stayed in this lovely hotel. Clean, nice and affordable. Our double room had enough space, nice and very clean ensuite bathroom and a nice view for a little patio (and surrounding buildings, but we liked that a lot!). Linens were clean and nice - it was really hot though, so we only needed a sheet to cover ourselves. The only thing I'd say we missed in the room was an air conditioner, and maybe a lift (for heavier luggage) - but the stairs in the hotel are very nice ;-).

The staff was nice, friendly and helpful, they had some English (well enough to communicate), and the room was cleaned in on daily basis (fresh linen and towels every day).

The only (minor, thou) disadvantage is the location - some 20mins by Metro to the town, some excursions need longer way (if you HAVE TO get back to your room during the day it might be a little pain to go back and 'waste your time'..).

I would really recomend this nice hotel, and will consider staying there again, when I'm back to Paris for another weekend or holiday.

• Stayed: July 2006
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 5, 2006

I stayed at Hotel Beaunier in February 2006. It was the only cheap available hotel at short notice. I had a twin room to myself. The hotel is in an unattractive street, but is nice enough when you are inside.
The stairs were steep, with very narrow treads (take care when walking up or down), and carpeted, and wheeled luggage is recommended if you are travelling alone.
The twin room was compact, and the ensuite had been freshly painted, which unfortunately smelt strong, however I closed the door while I was in the bedroom and it solved the problem.
The hotel was at the end of the area for cheap metro tickets, and near to the terminus for the bus (much easier to see around Paris while you travel, if you can get a seat). The street outside was quiet at night, although traffic noise woke me in the mornings - which helped me to make an early start to miss the crowds and take advantage of as much daylight as possible.
The room was adequately warm for winter (very small central heating unit), with a small table, wooden chair, open fronted wardrobe and wall-mounted television. The curtains cut out the streetlights, so sleeping was relatively easy as long as the other guests kept their television volume down low. The room, ensuite and shared areas of the hotel were all clean.
The staff were friendly and welcoming, although their English skills were limited. By gesturing, I worked out that they were chasing me down the street because they wanted to hold on to the room key at the front desk (which I found quite unusual!).
I bought breakfast at the hotel each morning - ordered the night before - which was served at one of the three tables in the lobby, as it was easier than heading out to the local cafes first thing in the morning.
There are three places to eat cheaply just down the road, and they love it if you try out your French (I did 5 years of French at high school, ending in 1972 so was very rusty, and it was great fun to try it out in the cafes).
I was travelling alone, and because it got dark early I was happy to eat early in the evenings (when the prices are lower) or take food back to my room to eat.
The "complimentary toiletries" consisted of a small pack of soap and shampoo, but there was a hairdryer so I didn't need to take my own with me.
I would certainly consider staying there again, as the price was good for what I got. Having travelled alone in the UK in the previous fortnight, this was one of the places where it felt safe to stay as a woman travelling alone.
I hope this helps you choose whether or not to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2006
9  Thank Wandering_Aussie
Reviewed October 5, 2005

I stayed at the Hotel Beaunier with my boyfriend for 4 nights in Septmber. I found the hotel on the internet and picked it for its amazing value. The hotel was quite a trek from... anywhere really, but there was a metro less than a 5 minute walk away so that wasnt too much of a problem, only thing is we did spend a lot of our time travelling on the metro which can get pretty hot and stuffy. It was also quite a way from Charles de Gaulles airport. The hotel itself was a small, simple place, but it was very clean with a decent bathroom which was all I wanted really. Our double room was also quite small but I didn't find that a problem either. The staff were friendly and were happy to give us advice and directions. The area was quite busy with locals both day and night, it probably wasn't the most affluent area but we felt safe walking about. There were also plenty of little shops and cafes which were much better value than most of the places nearer the centre of Paris. The only things that I noticed that might put some people off was the fact that our room looked out onto a main street which some nights was quite noisy with traffic late in the early hours, so if you're a very light sleeper don't expect a great night's sleep. Also the narrow stairs looked like they would be very difficult to negotiate with heavy luggage/wheelchairs/pushchairs, and there was no lift. All in all I was totally satisfied with this hotel, especially as it was such good value. Recommended to all budget travellers.

8  Thank natali25