“Nice and cosy” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1,403 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
A TripAdvisor Member
“Nice and cosy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2006

We've just returned from a lovely weekend in Paris, during which we stayed in this lovely hotel. Clean, nice and affordable. Our double room had enough space, nice and very clean ensuite bathroom and a nice view for a little patio (and surrounding buildings, but we liked that a lot!). Linens were clean and nice - it was really hot though, so we only needed a sheet to cover ourselves. The only thing I'd say we missed in the room was an air conditioner, and maybe a lift (for heavier luggage) - but the stairs in the hotel are very nice ;-).

The staff was nice, friendly and helpful, they had some English (well enough to communicate), and the room was cleaned in on daily basis (fresh linen and towels every day).

The only (minor, thou) disadvantage is the location - some 20mins by Metro to the town, some excursions need longer way (if you HAVE TO get back to your room during the day it might be a little pain to go back and 'waste your time'..).

I would really recomend this nice hotel, and will consider staying there again, when I'm back to Paris for another weekend or holiday.

• Stayed July 2006
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Adelaide, South Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2006

I stayed at Hotel Beaunier in February 2006. It was the only cheap available hotel at short notice. I had a twin room to myself. The hotel is in an unattractive street, but is nice enough when you are inside.
The stairs were steep, with very narrow treads (take care when walking up or down), and carpeted, and wheeled luggage is recommended if you are travelling alone.
The twin room was compact, and the ensuite had been freshly painted, which unfortunately smelt strong, however I closed the door while I was in the bedroom and it solved the problem.
The hotel was at the end of the area for cheap metro tickets, and near to the terminus for the bus (much easier to see around Paris while you travel, if you can get a seat). The street outside was quiet at night, although traffic noise woke me in the mornings - which helped me to make an early start to miss the crowds and take advantage of as much daylight as possible.
The room was adequately warm for winter (very small central heating unit), with a small table, wooden chair, open fronted wardrobe and wall-mounted television. The curtains cut out the streetlights, so sleeping was relatively easy as long as the other guests kept their television volume down low. The room, ensuite and shared areas of the hotel were all clean.
The staff were friendly and welcoming, although their English skills were limited. By gesturing, I worked out that they were chasing me down the street because they wanted to hold on to the room key at the front desk (which I found quite unusual!).
I bought breakfast at the hotel each morning - ordered the night before - which was served at one of the three tables in the lobby, as it was easier than heading out to the local cafes first thing in the morning.
There are three places to eat cheaply just down the road, and they love it if you try out your French (I did 5 years of French at high school, ending in 1972 so was very rusty, and it was great fun to try it out in the cafes).
I was travelling alone, and because it got dark early I was happy to eat early in the evenings (when the prices are lower) or take food back to my room to eat.
The "complimentary toiletries" consisted of a small pack of soap and shampoo, but there was a hairdryer so I didn't need to take my own with me.
I would certainly consider staying there again, as the price was good for what I got. Having travelled alone in the UK in the previous fortnight, this was one of the places where it felt safe to stay as a woman travelling alone.
I hope this helps you choose whether or not to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed February 2006
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
8 Thank Wandering_Aussie
Cardiff, Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2005

I stayed at the Hotel Beaunier with my boyfriend for 4 nights in Septmber. I found the hotel on the internet and picked it for its amazing value. The hotel was quite a trek from... anywhere really, but there was a metro less than a 5 minute walk away so that wasnt too much of a problem, only thing is we did spend a lot of our time travelling on the metro which can get pretty hot and stuffy. It was also quite a way from Charles de Gaulles airport. The hotel itself was a small, simple place, but it was very clean with a decent bathroom which was all I wanted really. Our double room was also quite small but I didn't find that a problem either. The staff were friendly and were happy to give us advice and directions. The area was quite busy with locals both day and night, it probably wasn't the most affluent area but we felt safe walking about. There were also plenty of little shops and cafes which were much better value than most of the places nearer the centre of Paris. The only things that I noticed that might put some people off was the fact that our room looked out onto a main street which some nights was quite noisy with traffic late in the early hours, so if you're a very light sleeper don't expect a great night's sleep. Also the narrow stairs looked like they would be very difficult to negotiate with heavy luggage/wheelchairs/pushchairs, and there was no lift. All in all I was totally satisfied with this hotel, especially as it was such good value. Recommended to all budget travellers.

8 Thank natali25