The main reason we booked the Marriott Rive Gauche on a recent trip to Paris was because we were able to use Marriott points for a free weekend stay (30,000 points/night). Here are the key aspects of our visit:
1. Location: The Marriott Rive Gauche is admittedly a bit far from the center of Paris however it was easy enough to get to via the "B" RER line at stop "Denfert Rochereau". (This is also the train line that goes out to Paris' CDG Airport). Anyways, the hotel was an easy 10 downhill walk from the RER station. There was also a Metro stop nearby which we ended up not using due to renting the city's bikes (great fun, the way!).
2. Room: We were given a room with a king sized bed on the 17th floor that looked out over all of Paris. It was clean, well equipped and actually very similar to other Marriotts. There was a mini-bar that was thankfully half empty so we were easibly able to store a few drinks and perishables. We also had free Wifi due to my husband's Elite status- I am not sure how much it is per day. We also had access to the Executive Lounge but as they don't serve food or beverages on the weekend, we didn't go.
3. Food: We ordered coffee and croissants from room service one morning as a splurge and I have to say, it wasn't worth it. The coffee was poor quality (definitely not the wonderful strong French coffee that we'd had all during our trip through France) and it was pretty clear that the croissants had come from a plastic bag. Coffee and croissants along with a few semi-stale hard rolls cost a total of 28 euros! Note to self- next time, go to a cafe for breakfast.
4. Atmosphere: The hotel was a busy hub that predominantly catered to conventioneers and off duty flight attendants who fly in/out of the nearby Orly Airport.
5. Fitness: There was a decent sized fitness facility with cardio machines on the first floor, overlooking the Blvd St Jacques.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Treat yourself to a brilliant hotel experience in the heart of Paris. Near the Montparnasse district on the fabled Left Bank, the Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center welcomes you with accommodations, helpful amenities, and attentive service. Our downtown location is a short distance from the Gare Montparnasse and several Metro stations, as well as both Paris airports. All of our hotel rooms and suites are impeccably designed with floor-to-ceiling windows and plush bedding; stay connected with Broadband Internet access, or gaze out at the scenic Paris skyline. Other amenities at our 4-star hotel include our on-site restaurant, R'Yves, which offers creative bistronomic cuisine welcoming atmosphere. Our hotel is one of Paris' premier event venues, with over 50,000 square feet of recently renovated, versatile space and expert planning services. Whether you're visiting for business or pleasure, you'll be delighted with your stay at the Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel & Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel Paris
- Paris Marriott Rive Gauche Hotel And Conference Center
- Marriott Paris
- Marriott Rive Gauche