“Really nice hotel”
Review of Residence du Pre

Residence du Pre
Ranked #609 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed February 2, 2012

I won't tell you that Paris is lovely, becouse it is and you know that. But I will tell you that our second time in Paris (2007-2008), we stayed in this hotel and we found it really nice, according to the room price.

Breakfast was plentifull and good. The staff was ok, helpful. There was one receptionist who tried to make us speak French, not English, once he knew that we know a few words.

The best thing about this hotel is the location, near the Opera, you cand just walk up to LaFayette.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ddrobu

Reviewed August 2, 2011

Actually I've been in this hotel in May 2009 but I've just found it now. I've stayed there with my mum and auntie as it was my mums bday present from me. Central location. Less than 10 minutes walk from underground. The same distance from train station if you take train from the airport. Nice, fresh and various breakfasts. Fast and polite service. We haven’t stayed in hotel a lot during the day as we were sightseeing most of the time. Very annoying receptionist who kept calling our room all the time and asking me to have a coffee with him downstairs. I was there to spend quality time with my family and not with some random man. Rooms were clean and comfy but there were missing basic things like small kettle and few cups. You can’t even have a cup of coffee after long day! Generally hotel seems to be rather old fashionable. Paris itself is lovely! After a day or two it’s very easy to move around the city. I would also recommend taking water train which stops at each major attraction spot. You can buy a day ticket and jump out and in all the time. I would love to come back to Paris but I think I would choose different hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2010

First of all, the hotel is not worthed to be 3 star hotel. We have stayed there in a single and a double room. Both rooms were smelling. Later I realized that they are smelling because of wet carpet due to water coming from bathroom after taking a shower. When a shower is taken the bathroom is getting wet and water flooding into the room makes carpet wet. Isolation of the rooms are not good it was so noisy, hard to sleep. It is indicated that the hotel has private parking space 12 euro per day but that is not true. The person in reception directs you to a parking place where there is no parking space. I paid 31 euro per day for parking. No mini bar in the room. Breakfast is so poor. I do not suggest that hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2010

My wife and I have stayed in this hotel twice. We select this hotel because it has a good price and a good location for people travelling in and out of Gare du Nord and going to the Stade de France. The neighborhood is not the best, but it is convenient with the metro very close as well. The people at the front desk were friendly and helpful for the most part, especially the late night workers. We arrived much later than expected and this was not a problem. The rooms themselves are adequate and what you would expect for a relatively inexpensive hotel in paris.

The problem with this hotel and our room is that WE ARE CONFIDENT THAT WE LEFT THERE WITH BEDBUG BITES. We have some experience with these miserable creatures and know how to spot the warning signs. We both had bites that showed up a few days after we left the hotel. We also found small blood stains on the sheets in the mornings. We checked the room and there was no obvious sign of infestation and we were very careful with our clothes. For most of the time we were speculating that there was a problem but on the final day we woke up at 5am to catch and early train and there was a live, large (well-fed-looking) bedbug crawling on the wall right next to the bed. This, of course, makes us very sure that the hotel does have bedbugs.

Please be very careful staying here. It is a shame to have to report this about the hotel, but its the truth. For anyone who does not have experience with these insects, you are lucky. Please believe me that you don't want them hitching a ride home with you.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Djibrilduff
Reviewed June 8, 2009

We have travelled to Paris on lots of occasions, and this hotel is by far the best we have stayed in. It is clean, friendly, and in an ideal location for sightseeing, and Gard du Nord railway station, being a short walk 5-10 minutes away, very close to the metros.

On every occasion we have stayed here, we have always had a fantastic welcome.

The hotel, is excellent, the rooms are more than comfortable, and the bathrooms are very clean. This hotel offers a continental breakfast.

We like this hotel not only because of its locality, but because we always have a lovelly comfortable stay, and feel very welcome by both the owner and staff, and also, we feel very safe here.

If you are looking for a decent hotel, that won't rip you off, and want somewhere clean, bright and comfortable, then we would recommend this hotel to you. Its brilliant, and can't imagine anyone not being happy staying here

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2009

Our room was on the 5th floor facing the street. I really enjoyed looking out our window balcony and seeing people on the street. It was very quiet and it felt very safe. I got a good sense of the life style of this community by walking around the neighborhood. I enjoyed the pastries and the corner cafes. The Cadet metro was close by and we were able to navigate our way to all of the sites in Paris. I would recommend this hotel and I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 2, 2007

Found a website that touted this place as being close to Gare St. Lazare. In actuality, it is closer to Gare du Nord, only a 5-10 minute walk away, and about a 20-25 minute walk to Gare St. Lazare and Gallerie Lafayette. Also, there's a metro stop close by. The hotel is just off a small square on Rue Lafayette. Not a bad location, but not the greatest, either.

The room was small but clean, and the staff was very accomodating.

Had a room on the top floor facing the street. Nice view of a nice little street, and it is relatively quiet except for one night when a bunch of people were having some sort of party a building or two away and their windows were open and one guy who must've been completely hammered made noises that sounded like a donkey braying. He did this over and over and over...it woke us, of course, but we ended up having a great laugh about it.

Also, beware of the little teenage brats who like to hang out on the bridge over the street. They like to try to spit down on anyone who passes under the bridge.

Stayed: November 2007