All reviews du pre nice hotel palais garnier spacious room walking distance french windows gare du nord station croissants by parisian standards late at night per night minute walk good size cadet wifi opera metro
Reviewed September 28, 2018

This was the most economical hotel (~100 euros) on our recent trip to Paris. The lobby is super quaint, the room was clean and of reasonable size. Luckily our trip was in late September so the lack of AC was no issue but can imagine that it may be warm in July although their was a fan in the room. The hotel is located near the train station which was convenient for our travel but the area is a bit sketchy although we felt safe and secure during our visit which included walking for a late dinner nearby. There are a bunch of restaurants and cafes nearby as well as shopping and the metro is just a few block away. The price included breakfast and it was delicious. Overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

This hotel was located pretty nicely, close to metro and gare du nord. Rooms were quite spaceous and the breakfast was nice, altho they had not enough tables for all the guests (max 60 guests, maybe 10 tables). Biggest problem was that there was only a fan on the room and no air-conditioning, imo a must for the prize (100 euro per night).

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Olivier B
Reviewed June 24, 2018

This was our last stop on a European tour from Oslo down through Denmark and Germany . We certainly left the best till last . The location was great - walking distance from Gare De Nord or metro only 209 metres away. The Hotel is very French - style with a hint of the past . The room was the largest we have stayed at in Paris and the bathroom was by Paris standards enormous . There was a small balcony overlooking the side street with a bistro that was very good and there was a performing singing group in the bistro that we really enjoyed watching from our window There was not a huge choice at breakfast but what there was was really fresh - the croissants were great -and fresh coffee brought to the table . The desk staff were really helpful
I would recommend this to anyone looking for a good hotel with a bit of Parisienne atmosphere at a very reasonable price
John Golding

Room Tip: go high and look over street
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Frederick D, Propriétaire at Hotel du Pre, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2018

Dear Mister Golding,

We thank you for your lovely comment about your stay in our hotel. As business owner it is always a great pleasure to see that our dedication to our clients has paid.

We are well aware of our great location but also that it alone does not assure the success of a stay for our clients. Therefore we make huge effort to maintain a level a coziness and service also we are only a three star hotel.
I am glad to see that your enjoyed your room and the quality of our staff and I will share your satisfaction with them.

I wish we will the joy to welcome you once again at Hôtel du Pré. For your next stay contact us directly per phone or e-mail.
I wish you a pleasant day and remain at your service.

Reviewed June 9, 2018

Fine little hotel, big rooms for Parisian standards, good location, within walking distance to the Grands Boulevards and to the metro no 7. Good value for money. however, any room overlooking the street is extremely noisy at night, for there are two bars downstairs with loud music and lots of people standing out in summer. The bars close late at night, probably at 2 am, so ask for a quiet room, if there is one!

Room Tip: ask for a quiet room, if there are any.
  • Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
Frederick D, Propriétaire at Hotel du Pre, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2018

Dear Berkeley1990,

We thank you for your nice comment about our hotel. We do have a few quiet rooms facing the courtyard on the other side of the building.

We wish you a pleasant day, and we hope to see you again at the Hôtel du Pré.

Reviewed June 8, 2018 via mobile

Hotel bit old, in my opinion some rooms and corridors should be renovated but very clean and with typical Paris style. Very good room/customer service. Housekeeping every day, lovely breakfast however I missed some fruits additional to this meal. Close to local markets and a lot of restaurants. Very good transport to Gare du Nord and most of the attractions. Receptionists speak in English, most of housekeepers as well, al staff also very polite and friendly. If I’ll visit Paris one more time I’ll stay at this hotel for sure. For future visit please try improve your wi-fi, there was some problems with connection most of the time.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Frederick D, Propriétaire at Hotel du Pre, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2018

Dear Magdalena K,

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay at the Hôtel du Pré. I am particularly proud to read you satisfaction regarding our staff and I will share your satisfaction with them.

I will look at the Wi-Fi connection issue to make sure it does not happen again.

For your future stay in Paris do not hesitate to contact us directly per phone or email we will be more than happy to welcome you once again.

I wish you a pleasant day and remain at your service for any further inquiries you may have.