“Not so impressive hotel”

Peletier Haussmann Opera Hotel
Ranked #1,453 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The hotel location is very good but the rest was not so impressive: very strong smell and traffic disturbance make that you could hardly fall asleep. I can not say that it was so clean also.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank PAAllan

Reviewed September 18, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 9 nights as a sole woman of 70 years old. I was given a room at the front on the 5th floor which was in fact a double room. It was clean and well serviced every day, with a modern bathroom. Yes, the furniture is old fashioned and some things a bit "wonky " but I had all I needed for a great stay. There was a safe in the room, hair-dryer in the bathroom and a view of Rue Le Peletier from the small balcony.
The location is superb for buses and Metro and in easy walking distance of Rue Fauberg- Montmartre,with plenty of bars and restaurants. This is an area where people actually live and was really interesting. Two of the "Passages ",Joufroy and Verdeau are very near. I fely totally safe in the area in the evenings,though did not stay out to any night clubs !
I found the staff at the hotel very pleasant and approachable. Anything required was quickly attended to ( a window I could not open ) and happily printed out my boarding pass when I was leaving. Ok, I had done my homework and did not expect them to organise my holiday for me, but I felt they would have been able to help out if I needed directions etc. Remember,this is a small hotel and for Paris excellent value for money. Anyone needing fancy room service etc should look elsewhere and pay a great deal more.
Lift is minute,people actually come to take pictures of it, so do not bring massive baggage !
I would definiteley use again.

Room Tip: Some traffic noise at front,so if this bothers you the back may be better.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 25, 2012

If possible, I would rate this place with a grade of 2.5 out of 5. Since the choice is between 2 and 3, and I find the average grade here too high, the lower grade is chosen.
It was our first visit to Paris, and we realized it is an expensive city, so we didn't expect much but the basics. The location is indeed great! Yet, our experience was not - mainly due to poor service:
We got in quite late to find out that we didn't get the room type we reserved (!). It is worth to note that the stuff spoke English, yet, when checking out the guy at the front desk was really rude (for more details, feel free to ping me via the website) and we left with bad taste.

Other than that - the tiny elevator was an adventure yet barely useful for big luggage. The room was nice yet small. Breakfast is minimal - if it is not included in your rate, eat somewhere else. Do not grow your hopes as for the wifi in the room. At night it was quiet and we slept well.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Hotel is in great location, you can walk to any must see site in Paris. There is a metro station 2min from hotel. Very very poor wifi in the rooms. Tiny Elevator but it works, fits ONLY two people no luggage!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ademirado
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Very very poor wifi in the rooms. Very old furnitures, dirty carpets, noisy rooms.
One day there was no hot water all day long and they even did not ask excuse. Very rude and unfriendly (especially the blonde guy with glasses)
Although we had five days of reservation on the third day we found an other hotel and changed it.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed June 26, 2012

This hotel is what it is - a budget hotel. What sets it apart is the friendly, helpful staff (VERY unusual for Paris) and its central location. It's a block away from a Metro station, a stones throw to the Opera house, and nearly all Parisian "must see" sites are within walking distance.

Minuses - very small room, old building, very steep stairs, the smallest elevator I have ever been on, busy street (although fairly quiet at night).

Overall, if all you need are basic accommodations at a reasonable price, you can't go wrong here.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family